2012 Giant Glory Thread

PB Forum :: Giant
2012 Giant Glory Thread
Posted: Sep 19, 2013 at 15:59 Quote
tobywombat wrote:
Hi all
Have just purchased a new 2012 Giant Glory frame. But tonite as i went to put my fox 40s on the lower crown post is to short. Do i have to buy a new bottom crown? Any help would be great.
Cheers Jack

Hey dude, yeah you'll need a new steerer, they're £138 from Mojo, are you sure it's too short though? The Glory has a pretty short steerer anyway, I bought second hand 40's and they had a short steerer on them and it's still huge on my Glory, don't want to cut it down though in case I ever decide to sell them!

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Steerers---Crowns.html steerer can be bought there, might pick one up cheaper on the buy/sell here or ebay

D

Posted: Sep 19, 2013 at 23:21 Quote
indk wrote:
tobywombat wrote:
Hi all
Have just purchased a new 2012 Giant Glory frame. But tonite as i went to put my fox 40s on the lower crown post is to short. Do i have to buy a new bottom crown? Any help would be great.
Cheers Jack

Hey dude, yeah you'll need a new steerer, they're £138 from Mojo, are you sure it's too short though? The Glory has a pretty short steerer anyway, I bought second hand 40's and they had a short steerer on them and it's still huge on my Glory, don't want to cut it down though in case I ever decide to sell them!

http://www.mojostore.co.uk/acatalog/Steerers---Crowns.html steerer can be bought there, might pick one up cheaper on the buy/sell here or ebay

D
Hi mate and thanks for your reply. Ye its to short as it only just comes up threw the top of the steerer tube by 10mm. Cant believe how much for a new one.

Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 3:38 Quote
tobywombat wrote:
Hi all
Cheers Jack

would sound like it mate, see if you can pick up a lower crown on here >> https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1374830/

Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 6:40 Quote
tobywombat wrote:
Hi mate and thanks for your reply. Ye its to short as it only just comes up threw the top of the steerer tube by 10mm. Cant believe how much for a new one.

What year are your 40's by the way, 2005 - 2009 take a different crown assembly than 2010+ (if you have 09's you can get steerers for £99 which saves you a bit, but i've had another look around and £138 is still the cheapest I'm seeing)

It seems like a lot, but it's not that bad really, considering the overall cost of the fork, it's just a pity that people take hacksaws to them immediately for anyone that buys second hand, I had the same thing happen to me with a set of Domains last year, totally forgot to ask the seller about steerer length and it was too short!

Just remember to check in future Smile if I didn't have the same bike as you i'd have offered to swap but I'd be left in your situation if I did that now haha!

Posted: Sep 20, 2013 at 8:40 Quote
indk wrote:
tobywombat wrote:

What year are your 40's by the way, 2005 - 2009 take a different crown assembly than 2010+ (if you have 09's you can get steerers for £99 which saves you a bit, but i've had another look around and £138 is still the cheapest I'm seeing)

It seems like a lot, but it's not that bad really, considering the overall cost of the fork, it's just a pity that people take hacksaws to them immediately for anyone that buys second hand, I had the same thing happen to me with a set of Domains last year, totally forgot to ask the seller about steerer length and it was too short!

Just remember to check in future Smile if I didn't have the same bike as you i'd have offered to swap but I'd be left in your situation if I did that now haha!
Cheers for the reply and there 2012 Kashima 40s. Cant bloomin believe it and to make matters it was meant to come with the headset and it hasnt grrrrrr,no riding for me at the wkend.

Posted: Sep 26, 2013 at 19:47 Quote
Looking at changing my headset to a worx headset? Can someone link me to the size or the exact one I would need?

2012 giant glory

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2013 at 15:05 Quote
You need a 44mm x 56mm integrated.

Posted: Nov 20, 2013 at 6:49 Quote
Be sure to measure the head tube length, small and medium frames uses the same head tube, but the large size uses taller head tube therefore different headset option.
Just for the record the large frame uses :
SET5 - EC44 - ZS56 - 'Tapered' Headtube Reducer (e.g. Giant Glory 2010)

Posted: Jan 25, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
Here's mine Giant Glory 2012 with RockShox Totem RC2DH, hope you like it!
New bike Giant Glory 2012 Rockshox Totem Rockshox Vivid Mavic 721 hope pro II Raceface Atlas Sram X9 HT Dartmoor Nitro Schwalbe MRP
New bike Giant Glory 2012 Rockshox Totem Rockshox Vivid Mavic 721 hope pro II Raceface Atlas Sram X9 HT Dartmoor Nitro Schwalbe MRP

Posted: Feb 7, 2014 at 11:21 Quote
FilipN12 wrote:
Here's mine Giant Glory 2012 with RockShox Totem RC2DH, hope you like it!

I like the look of this a lot! The fork looks super beefy on there. It'd be the ultimate bike park ride

Posted: Feb 22, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
Rerouted the cables of my glory and the 2012 is still taking the hits.
Some gaps with the gang.....

photo

Views: 556    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 19:52 Quote
Was planning on getting a new frame but I really like my bike so just upgraded to a Fox DHX RC4 kashima and will ride it one more year.....

Upgraded to DHX RC4 Kashima

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 21:16 Quote
MikeQueyar wrote:
Was planning on getting a new frame but I really like my bike so just upgraded to a Fox DHX RC4 kashima and will ride it one more year.....

Upgraded to DHX RC4 Kashima

How do you like the rear shock so far? Looking to upgrade to a newer rear shock

Posted: Apr 17, 2014 at 22:23 Quote
upgrade to the new vivid, it's amazing.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.939639
Mobile Version of Website