Monster energy bmx?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Monster energy bmx?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 24, 2011 at 23:09 Quote
hey, i was offered a monster energy bmx for a trade for some things im selling on an other website and was wondering if any one knows any thing about them, he said he paid 800 cad new last year but i cant find any info on ANY monster energy bmx
thanks chris

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 1:12 Quote
yeah id say its a load of sh*t unless he has stickered it up or something with monster energy stickers, post a link to it so we can see what it is

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 6:28 Quote
hes sending me pics todays ill post them, and i guess its from the states

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 15:17 Quote
there is no such thing as a Monster Energy bmx bike. Only $800+ completes I know of are the Sunday Aaron Ross Sig and the WTP Envy and something from mirraco i think.

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 15:30 Quote
thats what i figured but i wasnt sure

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 19:23 Quote
Mirraco did a limited edition Monster inspired colour run a couple years ago. Not sure if this would be the model he's talking about. If it's not, he's full of crap.

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 19:39 Quote
thats its he just sent me pic but shes kinda rough, do you have any info like prices?

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 19:46 Quote
 monster energy
photo
photo
here she is but i think shes kinda rough

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 20:04 Quote
vexcom wrote:
 monster energy
photo
photo
here she is but i think shes kinda rough

obviously she was never taken care of so stay the F*** away

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 20:06 Quote
They retailed for in and around $700 in the States. So if he said $800 Canadian that should be accurate. This is what I found for stock specs:

20" BIKE PAINTED IN THE MONSTER ENERGY DRINK GREEN/BLACK
RIMS=SUN RHYNO LITE ALLOY.
HUBS=MIRRACO
TIRES=MAXXIS MIRACLE, 20X2.1
CRANKSET=36T FREEWHEEL=13T
HANDLEBARS=MIRRA 2-PIECE CHROMOLY.
TAPE/GRIPS=SNAFU
STEM=MIRRACO LITE
BRAKE LEVERS=SNAFU C-LEVER
BRAKES=DIATECH 997 MAGIC
PEDALS=SNAFU CONCAVE
SADDLE=MIRRACO
SEAT POST= CHROMOLY, MICRO-ADJUST
PEGS=SNAFU CHROMOLY

Source: http://www.dirtragmag.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17245

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 21:21 Quote
yea and it needs a new rear hub i think as it wont coast, i think imma stay away from it

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 22:29 Quote
yeah, you could get a nicer bike for that price

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 22:56 Quote
i like but i hate how bad of shape its in i could just repaint it black and the parts green agian , but the rear end not coasting kinda scares me. i think it could just be stuck from rust maybe spraying it with wd 40 just to try to break it free and if that works then clean out the hub and re pack it but idk do you thing the hub is toast, he says it coast but its like a fixed gear you always have to pedal

Posted: Jul 25, 2011 at 23:39 Quote
id just stay away from it unless he fixes it for you

Posted: Jul 26, 2011 at 8:52 Quote
vexcom wrote:
i like but i hate how bad of shape its in i could just repaint it black and the parts green agian , but the rear end not coasting kinda scares me. i think it could just be stuck from rust maybe spraying it with wd 40 just to try to break it free and if that works then clean out the hub and re pack it but idk do you thing the hub is toast, he says it coast but its like a fixed gear you always have to pedal

NEVER EVER use wd-40 on your bike in any place EVER

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024911
Mobile Version of Website