Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 10:50 Quote
Hey guys,

I've never been out to Moose, looks like a blast. I am planning to come out for the trail day on June 22, but otherwise, is it realistic to hike up to the trail heads?

Cheers thanks

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 10:52 Quote
gris-gris wrote:
Hey guys,

I've never been out to Moose, looks like a blast. I am planning to come out for the trail day on June 22, but otherwise, is it realistic to hike up to the trail heads?

Cheers thanks
It's not terribly difficult. I've hiked the road more then I should admit to. There is a trail for riding up if you feel like pedaling.

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 11:45 Quote
gris-gris, Pneuma is a stiff pedal up on a downhill bike. If you come out for the trail day, there are always people shuttling after the work finishes, it won't be hard to find a spare spot in a truck.

There's a temporary bridge over Canyon Creek now (it's more like a few boards, but it does the job). It's where all the other trails end and run down to the creek, so you'll have to hike back to it, but it's better than getting your feet wet.

Posted: Jun 12, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
Thanks guys, that is great info. I can't wait to get out there and do some riding!

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2014 at 19:25 Quote
Did anyone find a left POC kneepad out at moose in the last few days? It may have fallen from my vehicle.

Cheers

Josh

Posted: Jun 15, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
I found it josh you dirty hippy! It's at my place was on the roof of the jeep hahaha!

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2014 at 21:59 Quote
Don't forget about the trail day on Sunday (June 22). All the trail groups will be there, MMBTS, CMBA, and GBCTA. That means many different projects and trails to choose and no excuses! Bow Cycle is sponsoring and there will be BBQ! Get summer started right with some buffing and building.
This time meet at Station Flats @ 9:00am: Sign in, grab a tool, and become a trail fairy! (Late comers are still welcome).
Pre-registration is appreciated just to get a handle on numbers for the BBQ. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2014-bow80-trail-day-tickets-8179969509
Everyone is welcome, experienced or not, DH, XC, AM, or gold plated cruzer, 26" or 29", we don't discriminate (even 12" or 16" for the kids is good!).

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 8:20 Quote
MooseMountain wrote:
Don't forget about the trail day on Sunday (June 22). All the trail groups will be there, MMBTS, CMBA, and GBCTA. That means many different projects and trails to choose and no excuses! Bow Cycle is sponsoring and there will be BBQ! Get summer started right with some buffing and building.
This time meet at Station Flats @ 9:00am: Sign in, grab a tool, and become a trail fairy! (Late comers are still welcome).
Pre-registration is appreciated just to get a handle on numbers for the BBQ. https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/2014-bow80-trail-day-tickets-8179969509
Everyone is welcome, experienced or not, DH, XC, AM, or gold plated cruzer, 26" or 29", we don't discriminate (even 12" or 16" for the kids is good!).

so is this strictly a build day? or bring your bike too? lol

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 8:51 Quote
japson wrote:
MooseMountain wrote:

so is this strictly a build day? or bring your bike too? lol

Once everyone is finished building, then there will always be people to shuttle with. You can also shuttle yourself! it's perfect, once everyone (including yourself) has put work into the trails, grab a bite to eat of BBQ. Then you can ride with the guys that know the mountain inside out. It's surprising what you can learn.

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 9:02 Quote
Just registered!

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
japson wrote:
Just registered!

You ether have to sign a waiver form for every time you go or buy a 20$ MMBTS membership, and you only have to sign one waiver.

Posted: Jun 18, 2014 at 12:24 Quote
sweet I am in, probably won't be there by 9am though, flood parties are saturday night!

Posted: Jun 19, 2014 at 14:58 Quote
Will the trail day go ahead for Sunday despite the heavy rainfall??

Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
hopefully some people have room to shuttle an extra guy! all im bringing is my bike and car Smile and a shovel of course

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
gris-gris wrote:
Will the trail day go ahead for Sunday despite the heavy rainfall??

Yes, it is early, you can blame some oddly motivated XC people for that. If you show up late, expect to be grooming top to bottom on some trail or walk down to meet a work crew, but still come!
Rain a couple days before a trail day is great to make the dirt easy to deal with. The forecast is sunny!
The rain will make the creek flow, if it is too high to safely take volunteers across, trails will just be accessed from the top.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014494
Mobile Version of Website