Moose Mountain Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Moose Mountain Thread
Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 10:16 Quote
Anyone shuttling on Saturday have room for one more? I have a little suv to use as a retrieval vehicle, or can pitch some cash for gas. I'll be coming down from Edmonton in the morning, probably get there between 9-10 depending on how early I get going.

Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 16:02 Quote
Parabellum wrote:
We cleared 3 fallen trees off lower SLF last weekend. Does anyone even ride that anymore?

Thanks for clearing the trees......and yes some of us still ride that one =)

CM!

O+
Posted: Jun 10, 2015 at 21:09 Quote
foamer2816 wrote:
I was wondering if anybody on this forum has hit the big jump on the bottom part of Toothless. My buddy wants to hit it, but we can't really get a feel of the speed you need to make it without overshooting the landing. Thoughts?

Foamer2816, have you had any luck with that jump? It seems like you really need to cook off the end to make the tranny without casing, or just barely pump off the end to land in the flat spot before the tranny. My gut instincts were telling me "trail speed" is a prefect recipe for a rear wheel case. Maybe my trail speed is too slow. I noticed another line into it from the rider's left which is a little straighter. Maybe it's all about hitting the approach straight on and pedal pedal pedal into it? I'm comfortable with all the other jumps on Toothless and T Dub and Jean Guy.

Kurt

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 20:44 Quote
Finally got up to clear that tree on billy. It was in a bad spot for sure!
I also went back up ripped that bitch up! She's runnin fine! Get some moose peeps!

Posted: Jun 11, 2015 at 21:19 Quote
jamezyo wrote:
Finally got up to clear that tree on billy. It was in a bad spot for sure!
I also went back up ripped that bitch up! She's runnin fine! Get some moose peeps!

Sweet! thank you for doing that man! Looking forward to my first Billy lap of the summer.. hopefully soon!

O+
Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 8:26 Quote
Husky road: I am excited to ride ushoulda and 4th horseman. question, is husky road open for shutteling or do you need use yer pedals?

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 10:17 Quote
Gasket-Jeff wrote:
Husky road: I am excited to ride ushoulda and 4th horseman. question, is husky road open for shutteling or do you need use yer pedals?

Gotta pedal.

Posted: Jun 12, 2015 at 20:40 Quote
Looking for Moose partners. Taking up DH/FR again. Have truck, but based in Canmore. As far as experience, used to live in Vancouver and ride the Shore... Drop me a line if you want to ride!

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2015 at 23:01 Quote
Anyone else thinking of doing the Toonie race on FG chainless after watching Gwin's WC win?

Posted: Jun 16, 2015 at 13:37 Quote
There will be chainless category, go for it!

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 14:16 Quote
Forget chainless... drop even more weight and ditch the whole drivetrain, it's just extra weight at that point.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
If there is a chainless category, does that mean the race is starting after the uphill section?

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
If there is a chainless category, does that mean the race is starting after the uphill section?
Yup. Starts just at the top after the start of Toothless, ends where it runs into Elbow Valley. Race is rescheduled for next Wednesday, the 24th.

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 at 8:46 Quote
If you are looking for a place to find people to shred with... Look no further... We have revived the Moose Mountain Shuttle Group on Facebook. With over 100 riders strong you can find people to shuttle with everynight of the week! So join the group and throw up a post if you are needing a shuttle, people to ride with, or just looking for a few extra people for an after work lap. Link is below.

WARNING: Joining this group will result in the following. High Fives, Fist Bumps, Chest Slaps,Skids & Wheelies.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/1647165892184393/

Find your flow!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015286
Mobile Version of Website