2011 Specialized Hardrock Bottom Bracket?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
2011 Specialized Hardrock Bottom Bracket?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 16, 2011 at 22:13 Quote
O.k. I just bought a 2011 Specialized Hardrock 1 month an 3 days ago. I'm having clunking an a lot of movement from the pedal area so I took it back to my local bike shop where I bought it from brand new to have them check it out because they gave me a years worth of free tune up's for buying it from them. They tell me my bottom bracket was loose so they tighten it back up for me but I rode it the next day an it's back to clunking an a lot of movement.
So my ? is what do you guy's think is wrong with my bike....(bottom bracket maybe)..... An if so should it be going bad this quick?
An if not what can / should I do ? I mean do I hold the local bike shop liable an make them fix it or how about Specialized I don't want to be a dic* about this...I like the bike an my local bike shop... but I think the bike shouldn't be having problems this early...
I am a noobie to the whole mountain bike thing an I know that the hardrock is just an entry level mountain bike too lol !!! I'm saving now to get a Specialized Camber.... but till then I'm stuck with this bike.
Thanks for any help
Lance

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 2:20 Quote
Take it back again and explain it, nothing should be going wrong on a new bike and it's their responsibility to fix it especially if you have been promised free tune ups, I dont think its out of order to expect them to sort it for you. As long as you're polite and don't get angry with them i expect they will be very helpful and accommodating Big Grin

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 9:30 Quote
Yeah that's what I was thinking.... take it back in an have them fix it .....it's just that the last time I was in there they asked me how many miles (which is about 400 miles) I put on it an that the bottom bracket is due for a changing an made it sound like if I wanted it fixed correct that I would have to buy a new bottom bracket....Which is weird because the bike didn't come with any pedals so I bought a cheap pair of plastic one's that they said wouldn't last me two weeks an there doing fine an the bottom bracket is taking a crap lol!!!
(I know the pedals have to go lol was planning on getting crank brothers mallet in the near future but not so sure now if they won't fix my bike)
An oh another ? what is your thoughts on FSA bottom brackets?

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 9:50 Quote
Specialized has the best warranty I've ever seen working in shops for the last 16 years hands down. The BB is under warranty if it's under a year old and it would only cost them the labor of replacing it. Specialized will credit the shop for the BB just not the labor. Frankly those Chin Haur BB's blow up left and right and I've warrantied quite a few of them. It happens. As long as it is indeed the BB giving out (kinda hard to QC a bike over the internet) they should be taking good care of you because Specialized makes it EASY for them to. If they won't help you, contact Specialized direct and they will probably send you a BB.

Posted: Aug 17, 2011 at 14:39 Quote
O.k. so I called Specialized to see what would be best to do an they said take it back to my local bike shop where I bought it from an have them look at it to see if there's a defect in the bike or if it's the bottom bracket an that either way Specialized will stand be hide it an fix it. So it's in the bike shop now getting worked on the owner of the bike shop said he don't think it's the bottom bracket but that he will find out what the problem is an fix it...SWEET!!!!

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.013448
Mobile Version of Website