and an older Norco 250 frame i built up for my girlfriend
My custom transition BLT build with my Norco 250 build
My custom transition BLT build with my Norco 250 build

Posted: Jun 2, 2015 at 8:45 Quote
DirtJumperYo wrote:
My Octane One Void Big Grin
photo
26 pounds Let me know what you think
how do you like that frame? i heard they were pretty good.

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 9:19 Quote
MONSTERAIR wrote:
DirtJumperYo wrote:
My Octane One Void Big Grin
photo
26 pounds Let me know what you think
how do you like that frame? i heard they were pretty good.

I have it too, second one. Love it

Loving yours too bro, lookin tight!

new frame

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 11:17 Quote
NEED HELP!!!!

I got the NS Metropolis 2 and I'm building a new wheelset of Halo SAS Rims and profile hubs would that work and what size of spokes will i need for it

26inch Halo SAS rims 36H
Profile Mini hubs 36H so I know they'll fit but i don't know the spoke size
(my first dirtjump wheel build (don't judge) XD

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 14:26 Quote
NutsForBrains wrote:
NEED HELP!!!!

I got the NS Metropolis 2 and I'm building a new wheelset of Halo SAS Rims and profile hubs would that work and what size of spokes will i need for it

26inch Halo SAS rims 36H
Profile Mini hubs 36H so I know they'll fit but i don't know the spoke size
(my first dirtjump wheel build (don't judge) XD
Go on the halo website and it'll tell you the erd (effective rim diameter)
Go on the profile website and it'll tell you all the hub measurements
Enter the details in a couple of different online spoke length calculators (never just one because sometimes they're wrong)
It'll tell you what length you need
If it's a bmx profile hub it won't work because the metropolis is mtb spaced

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 14:32 Quote
Awww man I've got the NS Metropolis 2 2015 model if that makes any difference, I need a good hub and rim that's good for taking a beating at a skatepark (also I ride brakeless)

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 14:57 Quote
NutsForBrains wrote:
Awww man I've got the NS Metropolis 2 2015 model if that makes any difference, I need a good hub and rim that's good for taking a beating at a skatepark (also I ride brakeless)

No sorry like he said if it's a box hub it won't work. I know some guys have made custom spacers to do it in the past but it's not easy.

Bulletproof option would be: hope pro2/halo spin doctor hubs in mavic ex729/sun MTX33

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 15:01 Quote
rAtty-c wrote:
NutsForBrains wrote:

No sorry like he said if it's a box hub it won't work. I know some guys have made custom spacers to do it in the past but it's not easy.

Bulletproof option would be: hope pro2/halo spin doctor hubs in mavic ex729/sun MTX33

Thanks dude, I'll look into them and is the Halo SAS DJD BD Pro complete rear wheel any good for skateparks?

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 15:12 Quote
Halo wheels are generally heavy and not particularly strong. most mtb hubs are 32h but there's a pretty good choice of rims out there. That frame will feel a bit sluggish for park imo too, I bought a metropolis 2 complete and sold nearly all of it within 2 weeks for a more street/park bike, then swapped it for a bmx because it still didn't feel nice.

Posted: Jun 6, 2015 at 15:19 Quote
grumpysteve wrote:
Halo wheels are generally heavy and not particularly strong. most mtb hubs are 32h but there's a pretty good choice of rims out there. That frame will feel a bit sluggish for park imo too, I bought a metropolis 2 complete and sold nearly all of it within 2 weeks for a more street/park bike, then swapped it for a bmx because it still didn't feel nice.

I have a Custom built bmx that's built like a tank but with the wheel sent i got on the NS they are too weak I have trued the rear wheel 3 times now but it keeps getting worse and the both wheels keep coming lose which is also very annoying XD. So I'm in need of a good single speed hub and a strong light rim for it

On my BMX I got Shadow Raptor hubs with Primo Balance Rims not needed trued once

What's the Halo Chaos Wheelsets like park and street wise?

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 9:13 Quote
If you can afford a custom wheel get a hope pro 2 as to a decent rim, the question for rims is do you want strong or light?

Posted: Jun 7, 2015 at 14:01 Quote
Best wheels are hope pro 2 hubs and mavic ex721 rims light and strong!

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 16:47 Quote
photo

2011 last rufus v1

Brakes /hayes mx2
disc brakes

Break lever / avid speed dial 7s

Bars/ funn full on risers

Grips/ specialized rocas

Stem/truvativ husslefelt

Headset/ chris king no headset

Forks/Marzochi dj 3 2004

Front tire/kenda kinetics

Front hub/ formula dc 21

Front wheel/ alex mx22 rims

Cranks/axiom

Sprocket/macniel swagger 33 tooth

Pedals/ wellgo lu a18

Chain/ sram PC 1

Back tire /kenda kinetics

Back hub / formula dc 22

Back wheel/ alex mx 22

Posted: Jun 24, 2015 at 17:10 Quote
I had my old DMR Transition frame lying around after getting a Spark.
I got bored and since it's winter in AU (rainy) I decided to bring it back to life as a street/park bike for when it's muddy.
I can't ride street/dj/park anyway, so figured it was a good waste of money.
So far she seems pretty fun, but only finished up the build last night so haven't really tested her out.
She's a bit heavier than I was hoping but that frame is about 1/2 ton. I was hoping for a bit more bb rise, but the fork came with a bike I got for a mate (deal of the year on it too!) so figured I'd give it a go.

photo
photo
photo

Frame: DMR Transition--24"
Fork: Volume Fu Manchu
Wheels: NS to DMR DV
Cranks: O1 2pc w/25t soon to be 23t
Cockpit: DMR Wingbars to DaBomb Glock
Pedals: Custom dyed Eastern, hoping to get some V6s
Seat: DMR Sect

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019780
Mobile Version of Website