Whats the worst bmx make?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Whats the worst bmx make?
Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
out of the top end companies the ones i really dont like are; shadow, sunday, primo, proper, fly and premium, they all make decent parts but all of them are outdone in everything they make by another company in my opinion

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:27 Quote
sj99 wrote:
profile arent as bad as people say, ive had some experience with them now and all im saying is that they could use primo pawls instead of there own, there cranks will never brake either that or thell seize on haha

i used to like them, then my hub disintegrated, and tree makes better hubs anyway

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:28 Quote
Nah fly make some rad parts... their rims are really pushing it, i just cant afford them

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:29 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Nah fly make some rad parts... their rims are really pushing it, i just cant afford them
they are ok but id run odessey aerospaces or gs[prts over them anyday and all the parts ive had from them wernt anything special

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
James-Carey wrote:

there rims are a c*nt to be, worst to build so far apart from my jaw rims

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:34 Quote
sj99 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

Got to agree, I haven't laced one as such, but replacing spokes was an absolute nightmare and did anyone else notice the major design flaw with the valve hole? Being stupidly close to a spoke? I ended up running 35 spokes on mine out of pure rage.

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:34 Quote
tree, s&m and odyssey, then some point one pedals, some kool stop brake pads, and odi grips and im sorted, with a dream bike. Possibly a fly on the back and a skylark on th front for rims, and a kmc chain.

f*ck it dream bike time...
lil buddy frame
pitchforks
profile or redline cranks
tree sprocket bars, and stem
tree seat and post
odyssey brake setup
fly rims
tree sspokes
sram chain
oddysey tires
odi grips
jool stop or trialtech pads
jobs a goodun

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
te ones with holes in them? im looking at the other ones, been a while since i looked at bike parts though, all i need is f*cking hubs...
sj99 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

the ones with holes in? im looking at the others, been a while since i looked at bike parts though, all i need is f*cking hubs...

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
tree, s&m and odyssey, then some point one pedals, some kool stop brake pads, and odi grips and im sorted, with a dream bike. Possibly a fly on the back and a skylark on th front for rims, and a kmc chain.

lil buddy frame
pitchforks
tree seat and post
odyssey brake setup
fly rims
tree sspokes
sram chain
oddysey tires
odi grips
jobs a goodun

change that to a credence ccr and weve got a winner Wink

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:38 Quote
Tree lil buddy dude. f*cking winner of a frame. Or a T1 gypsey... or a standard, f*ck it any of those companies, but the lil buddy i would run stock the rest i would man out a custom jobby.

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 15:41 Quote
ive always been a fan of the t1 barcode, so sick

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 18:46 Quote
wal-mart doesn't assemble Sony or birds-eye now do they, and to meet that price point, gotta be junk.

Posted: Apr 3, 2013 at 19:15 Quote
sj99 wrote:
James-Carey wrote:

lil buddy frame
pitchforks
tree seat and post
odyssey brake setup
fly rims
tree sspokes
sram chain
oddysey tires
odi grips
jobs a goodun

change that to a credence ccr and weve got a winner Wink

I saw the geo and specs on that frame and thought "Wow, that's a step back 10 years." 3/8" dropouts, lol.

Maybe we should talk about underrated companies that have built good stuff, despite having little or no street cred. I had a Specialized Fuse for a while, and out of all bmxes I've ever ridden, it was the probably the stiffest most confidence inspiring frame I've ridden. I used to huck huge stair gaps on it, and so did the kid I sold it to once I got a new bike.

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 2:44 Quote
xx3ergi3xx wrote:
diamond f*cking back!!
hell no you fool there high end cpmpletes are amazing value for money

Posted: Apr 4, 2013 at 2:47 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Honest question here I'm wondering if anybody knows the answer to. How do heat treating processes vary between companies? I know they have patents on them, but as far as I always understood, after a part is welded, it's cooked in an oven at about 2700 degrees for 48-72 hours, cooking out stress risers and enhancing durability due to more uniform crystallization...

So how do the processes differ, and how does one patent one?

how the heat is applied, how long for and what temp exactly, also where it is treated.
its also how its cooled, air, water, oil, cryo all play just an important part in the tempering process as applying heat

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011210
Mobile Version of Website