Severe bruising?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 17:03 Quote
About two and a half weeks ago I was riding DH in BC and absolutely SMOKED a tree in a wide open fast section; I didn't graze the side of it and then eat it in the run out, I hit it square on and it 100% stopped me in my tracks. My right thigh took the brunt of the impact and as one would imagine it was difficult to walk for a couple days. I figured it would get progressively better in the following days, however here we are two and a half weeks later and am still experiencing great amounts of pain. There is no visible bruise, just some minor swelling and tenderness along with the fairly significant pain that I feel deep inside the leg.

Has anyone experienced a bruise that didn't cause visible signs of damage? Does this sound like something I should get the doc to take a look at or just your run of the mill "yup, that tree really kicked your ass" situation?

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 17:21 Quote
Oh dude I feel your pain!

I took a spill years ago,and happened to have my cell phone in my front pocket...the resulting injury did not leave a bruise,but penetrated deep into my thigh...I could not sit down and pedal for 5 months. Defently sounds like similar bruising. I would defently see a doctor if it doesent get better soon.

Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 17:29 Quote
Jeesus man that does not sound like fun. I went skiing on the weekend and it seemed ok ish, just ignored the pain and went to town. It is really only debilitating pain when I bend the leg past 90 degrees at the knee, which makes me think no bone damage at all and its just a stubborn quad causing me problems but thought I'd ask around to be sure.

O+
Posted: Nov 8, 2011 at 17:41 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
Jeesus man that does not sound like fun. I went skiing on the weekend and it seemed ok ish, just ignored the pain and went to town. It is really only debilitating pain when I bend the leg past 90 degrees at the knee, which makes me think no bone damage at all and its just a stubborn quad causing me problems but thought I'd ask around to be sure.

Well I seem to remember I ruptured the sac around the muscle,and in turn caused whatever thing in your knee that gives it lubrication to fill with blood,which for me was why I couldn't sit down and pedal...do yourself a favor,and see a doctor,It cannot hurt...

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 12:02 Quote
Hey jonbikes: Im studying a type of physio therapy, and pretty much the only things that i would recommend (other than going to a doc) is ibuprofen, and then use heat, cold, heat, cold, heat. in that order for 5 minute intervals riight on the injured area. do it once or twice a day for about a week, while taking it a bit easier on activity it should help. sounds like a deep tissue bruise with maybe even a bruise on the femur.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 13:13 Quote
Ice is my best friend.

Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 13:26 Quote
yep! ice to reduce swelling and inflammation, and heat to increase circulation and bring in new clean blood and tissue, and ship the used up repair tissue out.

its a knock out combo.

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2011 at 13:35 Quote
Cisnev wrote:
yep! ice to reduce swelling and inflammation, and heat to increase circulation and bring in new clean blood and tissue, and ship the used up repair tissue out.

its a knock out combo.

I agree 100%...ice and heat method is the only thing that really works great,well for me ( open bankart shoulder repair)

Along with a strict physio program(obviously)

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008375
Mobile Version of Website