Dorado Maintenance + Rebuild

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Dorado Maintenance + Rebuild
Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 3:34 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
I beleive he meant that he only needs to service the outer legs at this point in time, which is totally normal. I usually do an outer leg service after a really hard long day of riding, but go quite a lot longer between damper rebuilds.
which legs need oil and how much?

well both legs need about 15ml of oil to lubricate the seals.
the left leg needs packing out with grease and i have no idea how much oil the right leg needs

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 7:43 Quote
All you need to worry about is to grease the seals and 10-15 ml of oil to lubricate them.

The spring and pushrod should be cleaned and re greased probably twice a season for an average rider i would say, and the damper bled with new fluid twice a season as well. I can not tell you exactly how much fluid the damper holds but its somewhere near ish to 200 ml so a litre jug of oil will keep you going for a while.

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 9:56 Quote
So which leg hold wat as im not sure mine arw back together correctly as adjustments r on right side

Posted: Feb 16, 2013 at 16:44 Quote
Its time for you to take this fork to a shop.
If you can not decipher which side has what then there is no way you should open this fork up.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 5:56 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
If you can not decipher which side has what then there is no way you should open this fork up.
I just got it and some say adjustments on left but mine are all on right. All I want it a little help and it will be fine as I cannot afford £100. For a service

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 6:45 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
jonbikes wrote:
I just got it and some say adjustments on left but mine are all on right. All I want it a little help and it will be fine as I cannot afford £100. For a service

Well to be honest you obviously have no idea what you are doing so leave them alone.
Do they need a service? as if not leave them.
Also yours are 2003 and all the adjustments are on the right and none on the left.
As like i have said before all that is on the left is springs and grease.
Right is rebound and compression.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 7:49 Quote
shiver-dc wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

Hmm lets see, two adjustment knobs on one side amd none on the other.... Bingo, thats where the damper is. You can mot magically just move the rebound adjudter to the opposite side.

There is no way that I am going to walk you through this process. You think you can't afford a 100 quid for a service? How much do you think it's going to cost when you take it apart and screw up an internal part? You can't even get parts for these forks any more.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 11:10 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
shiver-dc wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

Hmm lets see, two adjustment knobs on one side amd none on the other.... Bingo, thats where the damper is. You can mot magically just move the rebound adjudter to the opposite side.

There is no way that I am going to walk you through this process. You think you can't afford a 100 quid for a service? How much do you think it's going to cost when you take it apart and screw up an internal part? You can't even get parts for these forks any more.
well all I wanted to know was oil heights and which side adjustments where. How do I find out weather they are the dh model or the mrd model?

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 11:34 Quote
I told you the oil heights and where the adjustments are. There is a big mrd tag wrapped around the upper leg between the crowns.

Posted: Feb 17, 2013 at 14:37 Quote
jonbikes wrote:
I told you the oil heights and where the adjustments are. There is a big mrd tag wrapped around the upper leg between the crowns.
mine have zero decals on.

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 12:27 Quote
hey guys my dorado pro 2013 is squeaking and i dont know why. it happens if i have not been riding for a day but then stops after about 7 pumps (jumping up and down on the bike) any ideas, do i need more oil

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 13:45 Quote
Maybe, just add extra 5mls

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 18:32 Quote
Terrible terrible advice, for the love of god never ever do that.

Time for a rebuild my friend, sounds as if you are short on lubrication, never a good thing in any situation Wink

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 18:33 Quote
jonbikes wrote:

Time for a rebuild my friend, sounds as if you are short on lubrication, never a good thing in any situation Wink

they are band new never used, i was hoping they just needed to be broken in more

O+
Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 23:01 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
jonbikes wrote:

they are band new never used, i was hoping they just needed to be broken in more

You just answered your own question. They are brand new and need time to break in. Be patient.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015651
Mobile Version of Website