Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: Jan 17, 2012 at 13:44 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
harry-h wrote:
will you rape me with words on every small thing wrong with my trails if I ever post them here? lol

you know me too well haha, probably got peg holes in the lips too hha
not yet Wink

tempted to build a lip, destroy it with pegs, then post it here lol

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 9:24 Quote
Had a run in today with some gimp altering a jump on my track , how i did not lose the plot I don't know but this is what happened .
These are my local trails ( not my as in MINE not like I own them or can decide who rides there ) where I have been the main builder for 4 years now 90 percent of the time it's me building alone.
Every one who rides here knows me and my point of view on trailbuilding and altering of my tracks ( including the Gimp who altered my track ) and most people are totally cool about it.

I was just about to leave the trails when I could see 2 gimps swinging shovels near to my jump , this thing is TINY it's more to avoid a bog then to get air time , under 6 feet WITH a chicken run...

So I ride over to them and ask :
Me : excuse me i'm just wondering why you are altering this jump
Gimp : I'm just making it a bit bigger
Me : can't you clear it as it is ?
Gimp : (silence)
Me Trying to be calm but firm : To be honest mate I am really fed up with people altering my stuff , if you don't like it learn to ride it or leave it alone.
Gimp : well if you don't like it you can knock it down later...

At this point I explained that I build nearly every thing up here for every one to enjoy and no one has problems with this jump and to leave my stuff alone.

Gimp replys : well there is plenty of woods here ... ( implying that I should fk off and let them alter this track )

Cheeky fk ,at this point I was nearly lost for words and fantasizing about knocking his teeth out !
Telling me on my track that I should fk off and make another , surely it should of been ME saying that to him?

Me : well why don't YOU make you own fking track and leave my stuff alone.
Gimp : OK I will then..
Me : aslong as we have an understanding then every thing will be fine , goodbye.

WTF man , are people really that mentally challenged , ignorant and rude ?

/Rant over Big Grin

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 9:29 Quote
you handled that alot better than i would have haha. theres a public spot that gets stuff like that sometimes you could just get a small shed made to lock up all the tools then only people you want to know will know the lock code

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 9:40 Quote
It's a bit to busy here public wise for shed Razz , they bring thier own tools anyhow.
I did run into some guys a year back when I used to leave a spade up there altering another jump with MY spade xD
They were only in early teens so I could not really be too aggressive , but the cheek of it !

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 9:43 Quote
Was using the word ginp whilst telling your tale of being in the woods really a good idea lol

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 9:45 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Was using the word ginp whilst telling your tale of being in the woods really a good idea lol

Haha , never thought of that , it is a bit " local " round there so it may not surprise people who know where I speak ofBig Grin

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 11:38 Quote
just learned my trails are to be bulldozed in a couple of weeks Madder Thumbs Down Really Mad

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 11:58 Quote
Gutted man .... Found a new spot to replace it with yet?

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 12:15 Quote
no but my dad says they might not get destroyed thought because its green belt land and theres no way they would ever build houses on that land and also the trails have been thete for about 8 years.

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 14:44 Quote
I get real pissed off when people dig out jumps that i've built. Me and some buddys had to re-build the entire top half of our spot last year. Some mong with a shovel must've had his way, made everything into a table, and completely destroyed the takeoffs and landings.

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 9:31 Quote
I really hate that sort of stuff. If I found some body wrecking my jump I would be severely pissed off...

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 9:45 Quote
a great loss (alianos not the french trails)

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:15 Quote
sooooooooooooooooooooo...

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 at 11:16 Quote
what about them trails ey?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2014. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv16 0.020312
Mobile Version of Website