Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
Hi-im-gary wrote:
Yeah just aslong as it folds to the shape of the lip of the jump.
Great. How do you get the carpet to stay in place?
Cheers

Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 13:35 Quote
It should flop on top. if it doesn't its too thick

Posted: Aug 12, 2015 at 13:40 Quote
Freeride206 wrote:
Hey guys,
When building dirt jumps/pump tracks, what kind of carpets/rugs do you put on the jumps? Where do you generally get them from?
For example, our house is getting new carpets so could you use the old carpets for trails?
Thanks

Hard board works better if you can get some( like £8 for a big sheet iirc) but yeah just any carpet, thinner the better

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 6:54 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Freeride206 wrote:
Hey guys,
When building dirt jumps/pump tracks, what kind of carpets/rugs do you put on the jumps? Where do you generally get them from?
For example, our house is getting new carpets so could you use the old carpets for trails?
Thanks

Hard board works better if you can get some( like £8 for a big sheet iirc) but yeah just any carpet, thinner the better
Can you send me a link with an example of the hardboard?

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 7:46 Quote
Shop around but http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-General-Purpose-Hardboard-3x1220x2440mm/p/110107

Sorry I'm on a phone and too lazy to hyperlink

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 7:49 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
Shop around but http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-General-Purpose-Hardboard-3x1220x2440mm/p/110107

Cheers that's helpful

Posted: Aug 13, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
James-Carey wrote:

Won't it rot in the rain though?

Posted: Aug 14, 2015 at 11:27 Quote
just get yourself some tarp, keeps the jumps dry when it rains hard

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
Alright, so it's been about 2 months since uve last been down by my trials due to being on holiday, the two main jumps I had made r wrecked by cattle, nut I fixable but, I'm gonna focus on different stuff now, so yesterday me and my dad built a road gap not huge, but it's a verily steep slope straight into about a metre of flat, which is about 4 foot of of the flat ground beneath, then there is a small landing which is basically just a gradually sloped flat rock, then about 10 metres of run off until u get to a kind foot up slope which cud be another jump however it's about 4 metres run off then into a river, without braking starting at the top of the slop u go about 45 km/h, any ways we cud improve this? Also I was at my local natural trails recently where I ussually help build, but I'd seen a video on utube of a guy doing a bloody backflip on one of the jumps I helped make! So I'm like I wanna make a jump like that down BY my own trails, tho I'm not sure how to go about it as the backflip one I basically only got there at the end and helped from there so didn't see the core work on it

O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 19:51 Quote
I've been building a few jumps up on a hill by my house, but recently some dirt bikes started riding them and rutting them out. I still have not caught them riding it, so I have not been able to talk to them.

Has anyone had issues with dirt bikes on their trails? Any ideas on how to keep them off?

Step up jump that I built.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 19:54 Quote
austinmtb wrote:
I've been building a few jumps up on a hill by my house, but recently some dirt bikes started riding them and rutting them out. I still have not caught them riding it, so I have not been able to talk to them.

Has anyone had issues with dirt bikes on their trails? Any ideas on how to keep them off?

Step up jump that I built.

Make then twisty and turn between jumps to keep the noobs off. But you can really do too much.

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 16:34 Quote
Hi
I am a private land owner and have dirt jumps in my woods. Mainly away from busybodies.
The guys that built them moved on to other area so they are now available. Close to Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells.

Anyone Interested?

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 16:48 Quote
PaulM1957 wrote:
Hi
I am a private land owner and have dirt jumps in my woods. Mainly away from busybodies.
The guys that built them moved on to other area so they are now available. Close to Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells.

Anyone Interested?
Now that's an offer you don't hear everyday! Hopefully there's someone around about there. I'd give this thread a shot also https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=31056.

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 21:21 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
PaulM1957 wrote:
Hi

Anyone Interested?
Now that's an offer you don't hear everyday! Hopefully there's someone around about there. I'd give this thread a shot also https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=31056.

What a great offer , actual permission and invitation , very kind of ya

Posted: Sep 12, 2015 at 23:07 Quote
PaulM1957 wrote:
Hi

Anyone Interested?

There is actually a really good set already in that area, but hopefully someone will take you up on it as its such a cool offer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009892
Mobile Version of Website