Transition TR250 Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition TR250 Owners Thread
Posted: May 30, 2015 at 4:37 Quote
Ok, so i think a L is good for me! Thanks guys! Maybe a lil' pic of my bike soon :p

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 9:31 Quote
But hmm, I really do not know what to do because I ride on a Large Nukeproof Scalp right now, and a lot people of the same height to me tell me it is too big, but I do not mind me more than that, I just arms super tense when I'm sitting on it ... But i like ride with this on the fast section, the bikes isn't moving, it's a rail, but in the lil turn section is more difficult,and in the area where I am, it's small track that turn many, rather than the big track with some fast section...

So I do not know if I stay on the Large Scalp, or I pass on the Large TR250, apparently small bikes ..

What advice to me? (I can't try the TR before buy...)

PS: Sorry for my english lol

Posted: May 30, 2015 at 14:19 Quote
RFXcorentin12 wrote:
But hmm, I really do not know what to do because I ride on a Large Nukeproof Scalp right now, and a lot people of the same height to me tell me it is too big, but I do not mind me more than that, I just arms super tense when I'm sitting on it ... But i like ride with this on the fast section, the bikes isn't moving, it's a rail, but in the lil turn section is more difficult,and in the area where I am, it's small track that turn many, rather than the big track with some fast section...

So I do not know if I stay on the Large Scalp, or I pass on the Large TR250, apparently small bikes ..

What advice to me? (I can't try the TR before buy...)

PS: Sorry for my english lol

The TR250 is awesome bike,my old bike was Scott genius 50 Large and I always felt it was a bit too big,my Large tr250 feels great,you can also change the geometry on tr250 witch different chips at the rear axle.
Check out some geometry sizing here

http://www.tweekscycles.com/components/full-suspension-frames/transition-tr250-frameset

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 6:58 Quote
Quebec2010DH wrote:
djcd6 wrote:
Quebec2010DH wrote:
few new bits
stanchions, chain, deity stem, slik graphics

Just under 32lbs

photo

That's an awesome built. Under 32 pounds that's incrediable. Do you mind sharing a full built list.

I am trying to get my tr250 lighter, stuck at 33.5 at the moment.

Sure
Large tr250
X-Fusion Vector HLR Air
2012 Boxxer WC/w charger and solo air
Stans flow EX w/ hope pro ll evo
Onza Ibex DH 2.4 folding 120tpi
Maxxis Lightweight tubes
Raceface Sixc 170mm
34T renthal chainring
Shimano SM-CD50 chainguide
Wippermann Connex Chain
Canfield crampons
Crank bros Iodine carbon bars, 760mm 30mm rise
Deity locust stem
Carbon Token seat and seat post
single speed w/16T
Shimano XT brakes
Superstar floating rotrors 203F/180/R
you should go tubeless, i've found it doesn't save much weight but daaamn you get so much more grip

Posted: May 31, 2015 at 20:43 Quote
ango5984 wrote:
Quebec2010DH wrote:
djcd6 wrote:

That's an awesome built. Under 32 pounds that's incrediable. Do you mind sharing a full built list.

I am trying to get my tr250 lighter, stuck at 33.5 at the moment.

Sure
Large tr250
X-Fusion Vector HLR Air
2012 Boxxer WC/w charger and solo air
Stans flow EX w/ hope pro ll evo
Onza Ibex DH 2.4 folding 120tpi
Maxxis Lightweight tubes
Raceface Sixc 170mm
34T renthal chainring
Shimano SM-CD50 chainguide
Wippermann Connex Chain
Canfield crampons
Crank bros Iodine carbon bars, 760mm 30mm rise
Deity locust stem
Carbon Token seat and seat post
single speed w/16T
Shimano XT brakes
Superstar floating rotrors 203F/180/R
you should go tubeless, i've found it doesn't save much weight but daaamn you get so much more grip

I was running tubeless and Minion EXO tires too.

Anyhow, I am selling the frame and shock in large check my buy and sell.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 4:38 Quote
Hey, i have another question, this headset is good for this bike? (Just the bottom part, not the up) Because i'm afraid my pivot is too short with the original headset, the guy who had the fork before me cut at 14.5cm...

http://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/cane-creek-forty-semi-integrated-headset-1-1-8-zs49-black/80760.html

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 7:38 Quote
RFXcorentin12 wrote:
Hey, i have another question, this headset is good for this bike? (Just the bottom part, not the up) Because i'm afraid my pivot is too short with the original headset, the guy who had the fork before me cut at 14.5cm...

http://www.probikeshop.com/en/gb/cane-creek-forty-semi-integrated-headset-1-1-8-zs49-black/80760.html

You need an 56mm cup for the bottom headset. You can get the internal cup ones to reduce stack height.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 7:40 Quote
Ok thanks, yeah i know i can use internal cup lol, but i don't know the diameter lol

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 7:41 Quote
Icic, for the tr250 it's a 44mm top and 56mm bottom

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 12:08 Quote
RFXcorentin12 wrote:
Ok thanks, yeah i know i can use internal cup lol, but i don't know the diameter lol

it depends on the year of the TR250, they changed it between 2012 and 2013, here is the chart:

http://www.transitionbikes.com/BlogImages/TBC%20Master%20Tracking%20-%20Headset%20Compatibility%20Spreadsheet.pdf

If you have a 2013, the lower is 56mm and you can zero stack a tapered steerer, any earlier and it's a 49mm bottom which means zero stack for a straight steerer or external cups for a tapered

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 12:49 Quote
It's the Black, so 2011 i think, so i have already a good bottom cup Smile

http://www.probikeshop.fr/cane-creek-jeu-de-direction-semi-integre-forty-aa-aa-8-zs49-noir/80760.html I have this headset

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 13:49 Quote
RFXcorentin12 wrote:
It's the Black, so 2011 i think, so i have already a good bottom cup Smile

http://www.probikeshop.fr/cane-creek-jeu-de-direction-semi-integre-forty-aa-aa-8-zs49-noir/80760.html I have this headset

As long as your fork has a straight 1 1/8' steerer, that cup won't fit a tapered 1.5" steerer

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 14:05 Quote
Yeah i have a straight 1"1/8 steerer (boxxer team)

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2015 at 14:58 Quote
RFXcorentin12 wrote:
Yeah i have a straight 1"1/8 steerer (boxxer team)

Sweet, good luck getting it built up!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016829
Mobile Version of Website