Injured riders club

• Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 18:51 Quote
Everyone knows what it's like to be injured and out for awhile. It sucks and it's awfully boring...

This a thread for injured riders who can discuss their injury (or brag about the gnarness of it) or just discuss whatever.
Keep it appropriate and Somewhat on topic, other than that, the floor it yours!

Healin vibes to everyone out there that are injured right now, hopefully we'll be able to ride as soon as possibletup

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 18:54 Quote
Currently I have a torn miniscus in my knee and tenden damage, still need surgery and a second MRI due to a fluke in the first scan. Just a perfect way to start the new year and killing a lot of my short term goals. Madder

3-6 more weeks until I can ride again... Can't wait! Robin

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 19:04 Quote
Well last season I dislocated my shoulder and broke my collarbone at the same time, had to get my shoulder popped back into place while my collarbone was broken. Not fun. Anyways I am back up and going this season and am stoked

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 19:13 Quote
I have Crohn's Disease which flared-up this year. In and out of the hospital from January to October. Could barely go to work let alone ride.. Was unable to ride until November this year.. had a month to ride before too much snow and too cold...

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 19:33 Quote
Damn dude and is that why your name is Chronsy haha

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 20:09 Quote
Blank Stare Damn kev! Heal up dude!!!

Posted: Jan 1, 2012 at 20:12 Quote
jpgauthier wrote:
Damn dude and is that why your name is Crohnsy haha

Yep Smile It all makes sense now huh...

Posted: Jan 2, 2012 at 11:43 Quote
Separated shoulder for the 5th time, this time hurt the most! thats all healed. fractured my knee cap in the same crash. . .thats bout healed. but still feel it here and there. can only cruise around my local jumps for now but its better then nothin!

Posted: Jan 2, 2012 at 15:18 Quote
Broke my rib and punctured my lung at the same time.
Also broke my left collor bone 3 times and tore some stupid little tendon in my shoulder, and broke my right one once.
Yayyy

Posted: Jan 2, 2012 at 19:54 Quote
messed up my hand and wrist pretty good back in the beginning of september that put me off till the day before closing day of the season. felt pretty good around that time but now is starting to get really sore and testy again. broke my kneecap back last april and that never fully healed. still have alignment issues so it creaks and cracks all the time when i bend it under pressure. cant run more than a mile before i have a slight limp or discomfort, but thankfully biking doesnt irritate it as much as hard impacts like running

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 16:14 Quote
found out i tore my ACL today.

Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 21:49 Quote
broken my left arm, collar bone 3 times, 4 ribs, and a vertibre. along with various fingers.

O+
Posted: Jan 4, 2012 at 22:43 Quote
diamond14 wrote:
broken my left arm, collar bone 3 times, 4 ribs, and a vertibre. along with various fingers.

this guy......
jesus

Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 22:19 Quote
My first bad crash was in 2002. I dislocated my right shoulder and collar bone and separated my shoulder blade. Fixing everything took 3 Surgeries.
in 2005 I was back on the bike for three months and then my fork failed. I tore the MCL and meniscus in my right knee. The stantion tube snapped just under the crown and the broken piece ripped open my stomach as I was falling. It took 34 stitches to sew me back up again, but the worst part was later when they had to scrub the oil out of the gash the next day. Twice. At least my nurses were hot.
In May of this year, I crashed really hard again and fractured my pelvis, bruised my kidneys, spleen and liver, broke 6 ribs and punctured a lung. Luckily I didn't have to have surgery, but I had to pee in a cup and give it to the doctor for two weeks so they could keep an eye on my internal organs. I spit out blood and coughed out blood clots for two months.
I hated being off my bike. Getting back in the saddle made me sweat more and push harder in the gym so that I could ride again. Its a lifestyle and an obsession. I would rather give up air than give up riding my bikes.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013076
Mobile Version of Website