BSD Female Hubs and Pegs - Would it work?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BSD Female Hubs and Pegs - Would it work?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 2, 2012 at 8:40 Quote
If I were to buy a BSD female front hub, how long would the female axles last if I was running pegs? Would the snap and if not, why?

Posted: Jan 2, 2012 at 10:46 Quote
The whole point about femal axles is that when then break you dont have to replace the whole axle. I think you just have to replace one of the bolts.

So in this case it doest matter how long it would take because its going to be a lot better than with a standard hub. Also depends on how hard or smooth of a rider you are.

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 16:22 Quote
you should have no problems breaking female axles are no weaker than regular axles

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 at 9:37 Quote
Female axles are actually supposed to be stronger than male axles not sure how or why but they are i run a proper microlite female om the front and its good shiz

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 14:19 Quote
DJQMCBonez wrote:
Female axles are actually supposed to be stronger than male axles not sure how or why but they are i run a proper microlite female om the front and its good shiz

they arent stronger for pegs, i dethreaded my front primo on one side which is female but the back one is fine, i would only run pegs on a female axle front and back if it was made by gsport, primo or maybe odyssey

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 19:37 Quote
female axles have been tested and proven to be stronger with pegs than a regular axle so i think that you may have just been unlucky

Posted: Feb 22, 2012 at 23:26 Quote
AlMasonbmx wrote:
DJQMCBonez wrote:

they arent stronger for pegs, i dethreaded my front primo on one side which is female but the back one is fine, i would only run pegs on a female axle front and back if it was made by gsport, primo or maybe odyssey

Man I snapped those shitty bolts that come with the n4fl got the bolts for a gsport marm and have been good, mind you the hubguards are cracked in 2 places both sides (sorry for thread jack, you should be fine I do a lot of front peg tricks with female)

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 7:32 Quote
I have a peg on my profile mini 3/8ths cassette. You will be fine.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 12:33 Quote
female axles are stronger. think about it this way. Take a complete brand new pencil and break it in half, not to hard right? Now take one half of that pencil you just broke, and try to break it in half. Its a lot harder to break then the full pencil.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 12:35 Quote
RoryKtownX2 wrote:
AlMasonbmx wrote:
DJQMCBonez wrote:

Man I snapped those shitty bolts that come with the n4fl got the bolts for a gsport marm and have been good, mind you the hubguards are cracked in 2 places both sides (sorry for thread jack, you should be fine I do a lot of front peg tricks with female)

shadow is better then and odyssey hub and primo.

gsport and shadow make the best hubs

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
MacksAir wrote:
RoryKtownX2 wrote:
AlMasonbmx wrote:

gsport,eclat and shadow make the best hubs

you forgot one so I edited it

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 13:31 Quote
RoryKtownX2 wrote:
MacksAir wrote:
RoryKtownX2 wrote:

gsport,eclat and shadow make the best hubs

you forgot one so I edited it

i agree with eclat and gsport, but there is no way im changing my primos, they are stupidly strong, my rear hub went under a mini bus and i still run it :L but the stock bolts on n4fl hubs are shit

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 14:40 Quote
i run a salt plus female front hub and a eclat teck female rear hub, i run 4 pegs and grind the shit out of everything and their fine. also super clean when i have a pegless moment!

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 at 17:55 Quote
Hey thinking about getting a new rear wheel and want to go female. if my frame has 14 mm drop outs will a female hub with a 14mm axle and 3/8 axle bolts fit? Also if I want to run pegs do I get 14mm or 3/8 pegs. Please answer I want to make sure I get the right stuff and need it soon

Posted: Feb 9, 2013 at 9:22 Quote
Jacob-G wrote:
Hey thinking about getting a new rear wheel and want to go female. if my frame has 14 mm drop outs will a female hub with a 14mm axle and 3/8 axle bolts fit? Also if I want to run pegs do I get 14mm or 3/8 pegs. Please answer I want to make sure I get the right stuff and need it soon

If your frame has 14mm drop outs, a 14mm axle will fit. Get 14mm pegs.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.089262
Mobile Version of Website