Sacramento Dirt Jumps

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Sacramento Dirt Jumps
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 5, 2012 at 17:06 Quote
Im looking for people who would be interested in starting up some trails in Sacramento. If you would be willing to spend some time digging, message me or reply to the thread.

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 8:36 Quote
Dpopple wrote:
Im looking for people who would be interested in starting up some trails in Sacramento. If you would be willing to spend some time digging, message me or reply to the thread.

Did you find a location already? One thing I've learned from starting spots from scratch is it's really hard to get people to come 'help' until you've already found a good spot and gotten a couple of things built.

As far as spots, it's worth it to volunteer with local mountain bike clubs if they are the "trail stewards" for certain parks. Although they may not immediately be interested in dirt jumps (being xc riders), if you put in some sweat time with them, you're a lot more likely to be able to get a legit place to build where they won't get torn down. On the other hand, you can do it D.I.Y. under-the-radar like bmx'ers have done it for years, and take the risk of getting the spot torn down or yourself ticketed/arrested.

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 15:18 Quote
cmc4130 wrote:
Dpopple wrote:

Did you find a location already? One thing I've learned from starting spots from scratch is it's really hard to get people to come 'help' until you've already found a good spot and gotten a couple of things built.

As far as spots, it's worth it to volunteer with local mountain bike clubs if they are the "trail stewards" for certain parks. Although they may not immediately be interested in dirt jumps (being xc riders), if you put in some sweat time with them, you're a lot more likely to be able to get a legit place to build where they won't get torn down. On the other hand, you can do it D.I.Y. under-the-radar like bmx'ers have done it for years, and take the risk of getting the spot torn down or yourself ticketed/arrested.

I had a spot I started with some friends a while back. It is pretty close to the road in one of the parks by the river though, so it isn't very secret. However, it is tucked back and you can't see it unless you're looking for it. Im looking to start a spot in my area in Sacramento. I know there are mountain bike clubs, but those are mostly around the foothills.

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 21:34 Quote
My dad lives near Sacramento but I don't go there very often. Does anyone know of any pre-existing dirt jumps in the Sacramento area besides elk grove bike park?

Posted: Jan 6, 2012 at 23:00 Quote
alexshirley wrote:
My dad lives near Sacramento but I don't go there very often. Does anyone know of any pre-existing dirt jumps in the Sacramento area besides elk grove bike park?
There's a jump park in Folsom, and some trails in Auburn. Thats all thats any good in Sac. If you get into Folsom, there's also some other places like the Prison Jumps.

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 0:13 Quote
I know this forum is SUPER old but im currently looking for a new location in sacramento for some epic kickers.

Posted: Sep 8, 2014 at 22:46 Quote
there are some very nice well kept trails in roseville/granitebay area called the fallen oaks they are off of a little gravel road on courtzite cr granite bay ca

Posted: Jan 29, 2015 at 16:44 Quote
Is fallen oaks still around?

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 9:51 Quote
its been a while, but any update on trails? i just moved here pretty recently. and i know how it goes with places getting torn down. updates????

Posted: Apr 24, 2015 at 23:19 Quote
jgrant90 wrote:
its been a while, but any update on trails? i just moved here pretty recently. and i know how it goes with places getting torn down. updates????

Haven't gotten the chance to go there recently but the Elk Grove bike park is looking really good

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 8:14 Quote
I really want to build somewhere here. A good spot I knew was just bulldozed. Elk grove bike park does a mediocre job of keeping things tight. Usually just clean things up before an event. The big jumps look pretty good, most of the time. Not right now though.

Posted: Sep 26, 2015 at 8:42 Quote
ive been keeping an eye out every where i go in sac. preferably some dope spot next to a river. or a creek .

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016277
Mobile Version of Website