Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jul 5, 2015 at 15:58 Quote
Want to repaint my gambler 2012 but I am afraid it will look cheap and trashy. I have already disassembled the bike completely. I don't want it in one color, I want it either matte black with some parts/details in gold or black with some decals. Can't find any decals online.. Any suggestion about the design or where I can buy decals?

Posted: Jul 6, 2015 at 17:30 Quote
Didn't even know this thread existed! Till I started lookin around for replacement mech hangers and rear axles that is! Was thinkin of grabbing a spare of each, that way I wont have any down time if I break one or the other. Anyways heres a couple shots of mine, not much left stock.... mech, cranks, wheelset, seatpost.....think that's it! Been a great bike, bought it from the original owner who rode it for part of a season and sold it because he rode his Voltage more...Don't have any thoughts of upgrading to a new frame any time soon...love this thing!

Shaaaaaaaaaawing. If she was the president she d be Babe Lincoln.
New bars and stem.
Glamour

Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 8:53 Quote
ole97jorgen wrote:
Want to repaint my gambler 2012 but I am afraid it will look cheap and trashy. I have already disassembled the bike completely. I don't want it in one color, I want it either matte black with some parts/details in gold or black with some decals. Can't find any decals online.. Any suggestion about the design or where I can buy decals?

Try silkgraphics.com They should be able to do them in any colour you want

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 at 16:31 Quote
Hey guys has anyone heard of a medium size 2011 gambler?

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 at 20:08 Quote
Heaney wrote:
Hey guys has anyone heard of a medium size 2011 gambler?
and can anyone do a quick review on how the 2011 rides

Posted: Jul 11, 2015 at 20:51 Quote
2015 Gambler owners. Just picked mine up and the only thing I dislike is that I have to replace the 350 rear coil it came with on a Large. Is this normal? I always thought that with size, they increased the rear coil weight, atleast slightly.

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 3:26 Quote
Dods3 wrote:
2015 Gambler owners. Just picked mine up and the only thing I dislike is that I have to replace the 350 rear coil it came with on a Large. Is this normal? I always thought that with size, they increased the rear coil weight, atleast slightly.

83kg, riding a 450 sping

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 22:21 Quote
83kg, riding a 450 sping[/Quote]

I picked up a Fox 450lb coil today. See how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully the rear tire won't contact the seat again.

Posted: Jul 12, 2015 at 23:22 Quote
Dods3 wrote:
83kg, riding a 450 sping

I picked up a Fox 450lb coil today. See how it goes tomorrow. Hopefully the rear tire won't contact the seat again.[/Quote]

Raise your seat !

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
2016 Scott Gambler 10

http://fotos.mtb-news.de/p/1863431

Posted: Jul 13, 2015 at 7:19 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1810770/

My Gambler for sale.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 11:23 Quote
Hi guys,
I'm thinking of buying a Gambler soon and would be very thankful if anyone writes a quick summary with the differences between 2013,2014 and 2015 model.
Thanks in advance Smile

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
from pinkbike review...

The Gambler 700 retains the same distinctive suspension layout as the previous model, but has undergone a host of changes to ensure the bike can maintain its reputation as a downhill race machine capable of taming the steepest of tracks. The most notable change to the frame is the fact that the bike can now accommodate 27.5” wheels, but that doesn't mean that the 26” crowd has been forgotten – the smaller wheels will still fit, and the bike's adjustable BB height, head angle and chainstay length allow similar geometry to be achieved with both wheel sizes. Following the current bike geometry trend, the Gambler's front center has been increased, with the top tube length on the medium frame going from 550 to 595mm, which adds approximately 10mm to the bike's reach.

By adjusting the size of the links, Tim Stevens, the engineer behind the design of the Gambler 700, was able to reduce the amount of rotation that occurs at the mounting hardware from 36° to 12° at the top of the shock, and from 12° down to 4° at the lower mounting point. This should help increase the bike's small bump sensitivity and bushing lifespan by translating impacts more quickly to the shock with less stiction from the rotation of the shock hardware on the bushings. Other small refinements to the frame include new fork bumpers that also serve as cable guides, and the switch to routing the rear derailleur housing through the drive side seat stay, which helps give it a better angle when it reaches the rear derailleur. The bike's weight remains roughly the same, and the 710 model, kitted out with a mix of Saint and Zee components and Fox's Air 40 fork checks in at 38.58 pounds.

Riders who have spent time on previous versions of the Gambler will be glad to know that its monster-trucking abilities are still firmly intact, along with its rock solid feel on steep and rutted tracks. The Gambler isn't a bike for the timid, though, and if you're planning on creeping down the trail while grabbing a fistful of brake this bike could prove to be a handful.

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 9:01 Quote
Can anyone give some quick base recommendations on Double Barrel Air settings for the new 2015 Gambler? I know Cane Creek has some recommendations for the previous frame before they changed up the linkage. Just looking for somewhere to start, never had a DB before. I weight in about 180-185.

Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 22:12 Quote
just got the new ganbler 720 and it is sexy
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015685
Mobile Version of Website