Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Jul 15, 2015 at 23:35 Quote
Samfrikinhowe wrote:
just got the new ganbler 720 and it is sexy
photo

Congrats! I just finished putting 3m on mine. I love the colors.

Posted: Jul 17, 2015 at 17:47 Quote
Views: 1,108    Faves: 5    Comments: 8

just thought i would post a cliche gopro edit of my first ride on my new gambler 720

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 3:12 Quote
Spring rate is still a big question for me, Gambler 2013, 90kg equipped rider weight. I switched from 350lb to 375lb and didnt hit the bottom once, too stiff. Scott manual says 425lb i need, but most spring calculators are about 300-325. Confused I think the old 350lb was perfect, may be i ride bike way too gently...

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 9:07 Quote
I switched to a 400. I weigh 205lbs. It's perfect. HELL I may switch to the 450 next year. Way better pop on jumps too.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 22:57 Quote
I am 205lbs and I switched to a 450 fox coil. I am happy with it and will continue to run it.

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 19:57 Quote
Hey I'm looking for a video that has been gone from YouTube for a while. Some Canadian guy made it (with a Spanish name.)
Of course it has a Scott Gambler in it, it starts out with a guy working in factory then he loads his bike in a old Chevy and heads to the trail. Ends with a guy rebuilding forks. I used to think it was the best MTB video ever, but I've seen so many since then it might not be all that. IDK. Would like to see it again. Thanks Gamblers

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 7:42 Quote
bajawfo wrote:
Hey I'm looking for a video that has been gone from YouTube for a while. Some Canadian guy made it (with a Spanish name.)
Of course it has a Scott Gambler in it, it starts out with a guy working in factory then he loads his bike in a old Chevy and heads to the trail. Ends with a guy rebuilding forks. I used to think it was the best MTB video ever, but I've seen so many since then it might not be all that. IDK. Would like to see it again. Thanks Gamblers

@bajawfo Could be completely wrong, but the start of Life Cycles starts roughly like that. Haven't seen it in ages but could be what your after.

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 8:20 Quote
priceye36 wrote:
bajawfo wrote:

@bajawfo Could be completely wrong, but the start of Life Cycles starts roughly like that. Haven't seen it in ages but could be what your after.

Yeah I think he's on about life cycles

Posted: Jul 26, 2015 at 21:38 Quote
Yes Yes Yes ! Thanks guys , that was it. That movie was almost the whole reason I bought a Gambler !
I'll make sure to buy the movie this time....

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 2:20 Quote
can does anyone know what year/model gambler this is
photo

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 5:07 Quote
Just installed a Fox X2 Float, anyone else using it on the Gambler 2014?

Need to get some feedback about the settings, tried Fox recommended setup but it was way to stiff.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 8:27 Quote
Heaney wrote:
can does anyone know what year/model gambler this is
photo

2008 Scott gambler FR20

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 12:54 Quote
MRosth wrote:

Need to get some feedback about the settings, tried Fox recommended setup but it was way to stiff.

Have been using it for about 2 months now. I actually had the opposite problem. The factory settings were very plush but I was blowing through the travel too quickly and bottoming out. To keep it from bottoming I had to turn up the compression so much that it lost all plushness. The fix for me was going up to the next size of volume spacer to make it more progressive.

What is your weight and what do you currently have the settings at including psi setting?

Posted: Aug 3, 2015 at 22:26 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
MRosth wrote:

Have been using it for about 2 months now. I actually had the opposite problem. The factory settings were very plush but I was blowing through the travel too quickly and bottoming out. To keep it from bottoming I had to turn up the compression so much that it lost all plushness. The fix for me was going up to the next size of volume spacer to make it more progressive.

What is your weight and what do you currently have the settings at including psi setting?

100kg
225psi
Haven't tried with spacers yet, will get back to you on the settings for lsc/hsc and rebound.

Posted: Aug 5, 2015 at 10:53 Quote
Hello!

I recently got hold of a sweet Gambler DH20 2009 in pretty good condition, the fork and rear shock has been upgraded to a Rock Shox Boxxer and Fox DHX 5.0 and no visible damage other than a few paint scratches here and there. The previous owner said it has been sitting in his garage for 2 years, and it is in need of an overall service and checkup which I booked next week but I couldn't resist taking it out for a test first Wink Rides great, but could def tell it needed some service!

Anyway, I've tried reading the manual for knowing how to set it up to my liking, since this particular bike has so many configuration options, but the pictures are not readable at all! My biggest issue is with setting the travel lenght for the rear shock, I want this bike to be the best possible bike park DH bike with as much travel as possible and a slack head tube angle. So my question is, which of the 3 rear shock positions gives the longest travel?

Other than that, what do you think of my find? I got it for about 920 USD, there was another ad up for the same model and same year for 1950 USD so either I got a pretty good price or the other ad was very overpriced. Its very heavy compared to newer DH bikes which looks more similar to my Stumpjumper in construction, but I kind of likes it that way, it just keeps on going eating up everything in its path! How would a bike like this perform in a competition? I'm thinking of entering a competition next season just for fun.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017237
Mobile Version of Website