Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 10:45 Quote
OzMike wrote:
Apologies if its already covered - I want to get a bearing install/remove kit for my Gambler - what sizes are the various bearings on a 2014 frame?

6- 6902
2- 8605

Search sealed roller beaing, and those 2 numbers, should find the details easy. I can measure some old ones I have when I get home and post them.

Posted: Feb 8, 2017 at 11:44 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
OzMike wrote:
Apologies if its already covered - I want to get a bearing install/remove kit for my Gambler - what sizes are the various bearings on a 2014 frame?

6- 6902
2- 8605

Search sealed roller beaing, and those 2 numbers, should find the details easy. I can measure some old ones I have when I get home and post them.

Thanks heaps

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 0:26 Quote
Im just about to take delivery of a brand new 2016 730, this will be my first Gambler and first new bike, any recommendations on maintenance of linkages and whether to protect the frame with the likes of the invisi frame kit etc.

BTW had a stinky, 2012 Scott Voltage FR20 (RIP) and also Mondraker Summum Pro Team before this so handy with tools and also setting suspension etc

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 5:04 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
OzMike wrote:

6- 6902
2- 8605

Awesome, is it the same for the 2016 frame? (bro has 2014, I have 2016)

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 7:15 Quote
timmy1701 wrote:
kmayHD wrote:
OzMike wrote:

6- 6902
2- 8605

Awesome, is it the same for the 2016 frame? (bro has 2014, I have 2016)

I don't know if they changed the bearing layout when they redesigned the frame for 2015 to fit the 27.5 wheels. So I cant say.

Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 11:27 Quote
Anyone have a CCDB Coil on their Gambler? Mines a 2014 model.
I'm having issues finding the correct hardware mounts for my shock, not even the Cane Creek online store has them.
I've emailed Cane Creek asking where I can get them but they haven't replied yet.

O+
Posted: Feb 12, 2017 at 21:01 Quote
KosenceBosence wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am a new owner in the gambler owners club, my new Gambler 2014 is looking and running sick, but I noticed a knocking sound from my rear end. When this sound went to a cracking sound, I decided to take appart all I have in mind and then to make a diagnosis. First I removed the chain to stop the mech's work, the sound was still there. The next step was to remove the shock, when I did this, I started moving the frame with the floating link on , after this I took it off and of course the sound stills there. I thought that the problem was in the frame bearings. I take out all of them (the pair bearings from the front and the middle in the rear triangle construction was in the worst condition from all), go to the local shop and bought 8 new bearings. Everything was properly cleaned, then greased and placed on its right place. When I got on the bike and compressed the rear shock, the same sound shooted my ears... Except the cracking noise, but the knocking was still there.
Can someone help me with conception about eliminating this noisy knocking?
Thanks Smile

I have the same problem. I have done all the same steps as you. The only thing I have not done is take out the main swing arm pivot and clean and regreased. Its the 32mm nut. Can anyone tell me how that comes out? Do you take off the 32 mm nut first or the 10 mm allen head?

Posted: Feb 13, 2017 at 6:08 Quote
thild wrote:
KosenceBosence wrote:
Hi everyone,
I am a new owner in the gambler owners club, my new Gambler 2014 is looking and running sick, but I noticed a knocking sound from my rear end. When this sound went to a cracking sound, I decided to take appart all I have in mind and then to make a diagnosis. First I removed the chain to stop the mech's work, the sound was still there. The next step was to remove the shock, when I did this, I started moving the frame with the floating link on , after this I took it off and of course the sound stills there. I thought that the problem was in the frame bearings. I take out all of them (the pair bearings from the front and the middle in the rear triangle construction was in the worst condition from all), go to the local shop and bought 8 new bearings. Everything was properly cleaned, then greased and placed on its right place. When I got on the bike and compressed the rear shock, the same sound shooted my ears... Except the cracking noise, but the knocking was still there.
Can someone help me with conception about eliminating this noisy knocking?
Thanks Smile

I have the same problem. I have done all the same steps as you. The only thing I have not done is take out the main swing arm pivot and clean and regreased. Its the 32mm nut. Can anyone tell me how that comes out? Do you take off the 32 mm nut first or the 10 mm allen head?

Hold the 10mm part thru from the other side with the long end of the allen key, then loosen the 32mm nut off with a chamferless 32mm socket (or whatever you have but carefully. Itll be tough if its never come apart before, youll get it.

Posted: Feb 17, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
I've just got a 2015 gambler 710 I'm 6ft and 75 kg in riding gear.
I got a large and think the standard spring might be a tad stiff.
What's anybody else of similar weight running as a spring?

Also if anyone of similar weight has good base settings for the 40s that would be good to hear.
Cheers

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 14:44 Quote
Don't have a gambler but really considering getting one within the next few months so what do you think is a good price for one with good spec and what sort of commen problems the frame has.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 9:29 Quote
VinnieJones4321 wrote:
Don't have a gambler but really considering getting one within the next few months so what do you think is a good price for one with good spec and what sort of commen problems the frame has.

A 'good price' is really subject to the condition of the frame really. I've seen 2015 frames in Australia going for $800 (AUS).

Creaking noise can be an issue from time to time, regular cleaning/maintenance helps avoid that. I've heard regular complaints about the pressfit bottom bracket, however from my experience, this hasn't been the case.
I'd keep an eye on the rear axle - I've had the nut rattle lose a few times.

Other than that, awesome bike.

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 15:53 Quote
VinnieJones4321 wrote:
Thanks OzMike

No worries. I'm about 6ft and on a large. the large feels quite big for me, not sure if the medium would have been a better fit.

O+
Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 2:46 Quote
I'm 6ft as well and on a large, too. Feels good for me. Run it in the short chainstay-high BB position for jumping and park riding. Still feels quite stable though through the gnar and keeps it a bit playful. Im running the DHX2 rather than the Float X2. The feel of the coil is much smoother than the X2 packed with max volume spacers, although at a noticable weight difference. The bike is very well balanced and when I run with the X2, feels much lighter than it is. The coiled shock, with its extra weight, I think gives it added stability in the air.

Over-all, great bike. Weight is comparable to some carbon downhill sleds (within a lb or two). Adjustablitiy is nice. Ride is smooth. Some people claim to have a 'clunk' from rear end while riding but I have yet to notice. Im very pleased with it. Def have to keep an eye on the drive side rear axle nut. That does seem to rattle loose. Had a creeking issue for a bit, thought it was bottom bracket, found out it was the coil spring against the retainer. Cleaned it and creek free since.

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 9:24 Quote
OzMike wrote:
VinnieJones4321 wrote:
Thanks OzMike

No worries. I'm about 6ft and on a large. the large feels quite big for me, not sure if the medium would have been a better fit.

I'm around 5,9 and my Commencal supreme that I have now is a medium 17 so I'll probably aim for a 17-18

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010262
Mobile Version of Website