Demo 8 2011 low bb setting

PB Forum :: Downhill
Demo 8 2011 low bb setting
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 5:22 Quote
Hello,

I have a 2011 Specialized Demo 8 FSR I and I want to test the low bb setting as described in page 7 of the Owner's Manual labeled 'Shock Position' (linked here: View PDF). The manual clearly states that the only bolt I need to remove is 2-G (the one that links the shock to the shock extension - link to the manual page referring to the setting: Screenie). I have completely removed that bolt but still I am unable to fully access the eccentric cam, and I can't fully rotate it to the desirable position. I think that the S-link is blocking the full movement (here: Photo).

Has anyone else lowered their bb and had the same problem? Is there anything that I am missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 11:21 Quote
No Demo 8 owners around who have tempered with the eyelet? Frown

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2012 at 14:58 Quote
Its pretty simple. you need to remove the bolt that you talked about and slide the shock out of the "Y" shaped extender. It is much easier to do this if you detach the front of the shock too. then there is a little offse bushing on the rear of the shock.take a 3mm allen key (i think) and spin it 180 degrees. then reasemble.

the bike should come with it in the "low setting" if you havent touched it thats where it will be. your only other option may be the high setting

Posted: May 1, 2016 at 17:00 Quote
Where can i buy that eyelet insert ?

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 14:13 Quote
Abyzaal wrote:
Where can i buy that eyelet insert ?

If isn't on your bike now check out....www.offsetbushings.com

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009581
Mobile Version of Website