The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 19:54 Quote
Urbaniste nailed it. But my whole pinkbike is a wtf.

Posted: Aug 27, 2015 at 21:18 Quote
Those that say that there's no difference between a cheap hub and a good one, have probably never ridden a good cassette for longer than about a minute, or have never had to take one apart. Decent hubs can make a cheap bike feeling nicer, cheap hubs can make a good bike feel shitty.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 0:01 Quote
True I was trying to make a point and average nube to bmx will either not know the difference between good and bad parts unlike you guys who have been riding for a while a know what's better

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 0:13 Quote
Yeah if you have never ridden a better bike or you are new you probably will not know the difference, but once you ride a good hub even new riders can tell it feels smoother.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
I rode a friend's bike with profile minis or elite idk and I was blown away by the awesomeness

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 3:17 Quote
brenteaton wrote:
I don't like a shit ton of pawls. I like the more simpler cassette models that are harder to break. My opinion. If I like something I won't replace it till she breaks. I made the switch to four piece bars aka big fours and I am in love with the feel. Best decision I made the angles are so perf for me. Legit one arm is shorter then the other by a hand length. Broke my humerus and it was not funny. I don't wanna go bigger then 8.25 until my back starts to hurt. I'm in love with the 90 East Bars and GT. Will defs be investing in them one day there to sick but I got lots of miles left in the big fours she treats me good.

Have you thought of getting s&m to make you a set of offset bars so you can have a straight stance when you ride rather than being twisted?

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 4:07 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
Those that say that there's no difference between a cheap hub and a good one, have probably never ridden a good cassette for longer than about a minute, or have never had to take one apart. Decent hubs can make a cheap bike feeling nicer, cheap hubs can make a good bike feel shitty.

This. I thought my Tungsten wheels were awesome until I bought my Sunday which has only marginally better wheels (Quartet hubs with aerospace rim) and was blown away by how much better they were. Way stiffer, proper welded rim, brakes even worked a lot better too.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 7:23 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
brenteaton wrote:
I don't like a shit ton of pawls. I like the more simpler cassette models that are harder to break. My opinion. If I like something I won't replace it till she breaks. I made the switch to four piece bars aka big fours and I am in love with the feel. Best decision I made the angles are so perf for me. Legit one arm is shorter then the other by a hand length. Broke my humerus and it was not funny. I don't wanna go bigger then 8.25 until my back starts to hurt. I'm in love with the 90 East Bars and GT. Will defs be investing in them one day there to sick but I got lots of miles left in the big fours she treats me good.

Have you thought of getting s&m to make you a set of offset bars so you can have a straight stance when you ride rather than being twisted?
that's a good thought tbh I didn't really even think of that.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 7:31 Quote
Yea they did it for the kid with his arm amputated.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 7:32 Quote
al9595 wrote:
I just don't understand where it came from lol. Was there a deleted post? Why the insults lol.

Posted: Aug 28, 2015 at 23:18 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
al9595 wrote:
I just don't understand where it came from lol. Was there a deleted post? Why the insults lol.

Cause theo

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 5:30 Quote
Is there some new way to post pictures to mobile album? It hasn't been working for me. I've been sending them to post@pinkbike.com

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 5:51 Quote
al9595 wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
al9595 wrote:

Cause theo
Understandable.

No idea Urb.

Also, I really hope some of you can come out and support the rad dudes of BBE and the Windspr box scene today. Forest glass skate park, basically all day. I know it's not a far drive for some of you.

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 10:44 Quote
I mite make a road trip to the Kitchener and Windsor area next summer.

Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 14:39 Quote
Which freecoaster would be the best for street? I mainly do grinds and shit http://kheshop.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/718
or
http://kheshop.de/en/detail/index/sArticle/593

I'd love other options in the same price range as I'm a bit short on money right now

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020956
Mobile Version of Website