The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Aug 29, 2015 at 16:43 Quote
The geisha is not strong for grinds I wouldn't put it on my bmx because of that reason..

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 4:06 Quote
Anyone who buys a new coaster that isn't an Odyssey Clutch is a fool. spend 20 minutes watching all the tech videos on the Odyssey YT account and you'll suddenly find yourself half way to your LBS to have them order you one...

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
harry-h wrote:
Anyone who buys a new coaster that isn't an Odyssey Clutch is a fool. spend 20 minutes watching all the tech videos on the Odyssey YT account and you'll suddenly find yourself half way to your LBS to have them order you one...

Honestly I have to disagree the slack adjustment is kinda wack imo and they have not really addressed the side load issue of driver bearings (I know the axle blah blah blah) but it does look ok... Honestly I'd have to say that Merritt is actually the closest to that perfect coaster (using the clutch style system).

They replaced the bearings with a bushing and the driver comes with a life time warranty just to back up how much more durable they are. To me that is a sign of "f*ck yeah we got it figured out" and also it is much less expensive than an odyssey

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 10:03 Quote
Everyone go watch the backflip attempt on the come ups insta, that was our jam

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 19:50 Quote
bluntosaurusrex wrote:
harry-h wrote:

Honestly I have to disagree the slack adjustment is kinda wack imo and they have not really addressed the side load issue of driver bearings (I know the axle blah blah blah) but it does look ok... Honestly I'd have to say that Merritt is actually the closest to that perfect coaster (using the clutch style system).

They replaced the bearings with a bushing and the driver comes with a life time warranty just to back up how much more durable they are. To me that is a sign of "f*ck yeah we got it figured out" and also it is much less expensive than an odyssey
the driver shouldn't be taking any side loads because the axle is supported in both directions on the non drive side

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 19:57 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Was that guy ok?

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
Gingymp5 wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
Was that guy ok?
Yea he's gonna be fine Smile

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 20:16 Quote
Merrit Ft1, fit faf, macneil slasher, or odyssey chase hawk? Any other tire suggestions for mainly park riding with a bit of street and dirt. I need a fat tire that is durable and grippy and on the light side.

Thanks

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 21:16 Quote
Dude1005 wrote:
Merrit Ft1, fit faf, macneil slasher, or odyssey chase hawk? Any other tire suggestions for mainly park riding with a bit of street and dirt. I need a fat tire that is durable and grippy and on the light side.

Thanks
FAF.

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
Demolition machete, good for everything

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 5:31 Quote
I like Hawks. Thought I'd hate them, but I like how they feel like motorcycle tires, and how they feel just a bit sketchy.

Machetes are good but I wish they were a bit heavier.

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 9:50 Quote
FaF is my fav tire because they last for years and grip well.

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 10:01 Quote
How about the eclat fireballs? i've heard both good and bad things about them.

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 10:41 Quote
Dude1005 wrote:
How about the eclat fireballs? i've heard both good and bad things about them.
Honestly, I'd stick with the tried and true.
FAF
deharts
Aitkins (only tire I'd ride on dirt)
GLH (but not for dirt)

This way you know they work extremely well.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033223
Mobile Version of Website