Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 13:21 Quote
Hey! I'm working on a component list for a future custom build. I am moving back and forth between various frames, and I'm looking at going for a super light build! My question for you is, what are some of the lightest downhill frames that are not carbon? I was looking at the knolly podium but I don't know how that rides and also a Guerrilla Gravity frame. Does anyone also know if spank bars and such components are lighter or heavier than race face? I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks for the help-Thomas

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 13:50 Quote
tboneb1999 wrote:
Hey! I'm working on a component list for a future custom build. I am moving back and forth between various frames, and I'm looking at going for a super light build! My question for you is, what are some of the lightest downhill frames that are not carbon? I was looking at the knolly podium but I don't know how that rides and also a Guerrilla Gravity frame. Does anyone also know if spank bars and such components are lighter or heavier than race face? I'm open to all suggestions! Thanks for the help-Thomas
the glory, hands down.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 14:31 Quote
tboneb1999 wrote:
Podium rides great. Why no carbon?

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 15:03 Quote
airmiller44 wrote:
MMsportchannel wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
Ask yourself this, what's more important? Pedalling ability or sending huge jumps?
well, I would say both, but its true that in the middle of the week it would be pedaling ability, just get up and shred down. Its during my vacations that I'll be mostly riding bikepark so thats why I really want a bike that just rip anything in sight. If devinci spartan is good for that it would be great!

I vote balance then.

Canfield all the things

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 15:38 Quote
Nobble wrote:
tboneb1999 wrote:
the glory, hands down.
This. Mine is at 35.6 ish at the moment with a not very light fork...

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 15:40 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:
tboneb1999 wrote:
the glory, hands down.
I was determined to get something else for 2015 but now I work in a giant dealer and the new one fixed all my complaints about the old one.

firstworldproblems.jpg

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
tboneb1999 wrote:

I have a Guerrilla Gravity GG/DH and the thing is by far the lightest non-carbon frame you'll find. Sub 9lbs frame with air shock. It's a single pivot with no unnecessary links. It's carbon weight with an aluminum price tag. Also, the thing rides superbly. Adjustable geo in the shock mount and chainstays.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 17:33 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:
the glory, hands down.
I was determined to get something else for 2015 but now I work in a giant dealer and the new one fixed all my complaints about the old one.

firstworldproblems.jpg
What issues did you have with the old one?

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 17:37 Quote
They make those stays any less massive?

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 18:52 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

firstworldproblems.jpg
long rear end, and harsh midstroke over square bumps.

Yes sherb, they shortened them by 5mm at the same time as going up in wheel size.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 19:34 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:
MMsportchannel wrote:
well, I would say both, but its true that in the middle of the week it would be pedaling ability, just get up and shred down. Its during my vacations that I'll be mostly riding bikepark so thats why I really want a bike that just rip anything in sight. If devinci spartan is good for that it would be great!

I vote balance then.
Yeah, we're back to the Balance, Rune, and Spartan being the 3 best choices. Although I'm not sure how the Spartan will hold up over time. I'd say it's between the Rune and Balance.

Banshee Darkside.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 19:50 Quote
Kitejumping wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
airmiller44 wrote:

I vote balance then.
Yeah, we're back to the Balance, Rune, and Spartan being the 3 best choices. Although I'm not sure how the Spartan will hold up over time. I'd say it's between the Rune and Balance.

Banshee Darkside.
Darkside doesn't pedal well enough. We eliminated it a few pages back.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 20:05 Quote
Nobble wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:
Nobble wrote:

firstworldproblems.jpg
long rear end, and harsh midstroke over square bumps.

Yes sherb, they shortened them by 5mm at the same time as going up in wheel size.
So we feel very simular regarding our bikes... I'll be buying a new one in 2016

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 21:31 Quote
is there anything comfortable I can wear to protect my balls when riding? had a really nasty crash today and can't ride my bike for a month... intratesticular hematoma... my right ball is like 50% bigger than my left one

to describe the pain, it's so f*cking painfull it makes you wanna puke, you can't stand up, can't sit, can't think... then the pain goes all the way up from your nuts to your ribs and things start to go blurry but you won't simply black out

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022486
Mobile Version of Website