Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 26, 2015 at 4:14 Quote
Gingymp5 wrote:
LS-COLO95 wrote:
anyone running spank spike race 28 rims? how do they holdup to dh and park riding? thinking about getting a pair.
Mine have seen about a third of a season of park riding and I just trued them for the first time today. No dents so far and they're true down to the millimeter. Factoring weight price and durability, they're the best wheel on the market IMO.

Ive just ordered a set off chain reaction they have some good reviews!

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 4:14 Quote
traveleon wrote:
MrDuck wrote:
ArchieDH wrote:

I did use a calculator on TF Tuned and it recommended a 375lb spring, I'm just wondering if there is a big difference in the weight, whether i should go lighter or stay the same?
LB/In is LB/In. No matter how arbitrary these imperial units are, these are the same units, which measure how much weight does it take to compress the spring by an inch. If we overcome how sad it is and accept an inch is an actual unit of measurement, a 350lbi spring will compress an inch if you load it with 350 pounds, no matter if it's made of steel, titanium or unicorn feathers. That is unless the tolerances are off, but you can't quite control that unless you can properly measure the spring's accuracy.

right on MrDuck good tip there, do recall them telling me you can go up in spring rate but no more than 25lbs, not recommend to go down past the calculated rate, but that all depends on what your doing with the bike like if your like myself and your DH is your all around bike bit stiffer spring wouldn't hurt, the Ti guys said that how the spring performs it doesn't matter to much and try to stay at the calculated rate, should be god with another 400lbs though.

Ok thanks guys, ill go for another 400lb one then

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 7:19 Quote
Should I buy a used 2012 Giant glory 0 or a used 2013 glory 2? They are both the same price and the same condition. Which one should I buy?

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 7:24 Quote
shredthegnar1 wrote:
Should I buy a used 2012 Giant glory 0 or a used 2013 glory 2? They are both the same price and the same condition. Which one should I buy?
2013 has a 2 degree slacker head angle so I'd say that one.

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 8:27 Quote
A question to the people running the new Charged Boxxer WC (solo air): How close does the air spring feel to a coil? It's a 305g drop, so two thirds of a pound lighter, but I don't want to ride an Air DH fork if it feels anything like the pre-2013 Boxxer WCs. Thanks in advance

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 10:29 Quote
theminsta wrote:
A question to the people running the new Charged Boxxer WC (solo air): How close does the air spring feel to a coil? It's a 305g drop, so two thirds of a pound lighter, but I don't want to ride an Air DH fork if it feels anything like the pre-2013 Boxxer WCs. Thanks in advance

I have the coils , my mate has the air and I can't feel the difference , other than weight of course

O+
Posted: May 26, 2015 at 11:28 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
shredthegnar1 wrote:
2013 has a 2 degree slacker head angle so I'd say that one.

2012 for the better spec and stick and angleset in.

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 11:58 Quote
theminsta wrote:
i put 2015 WC internals in a 2013 rc. Worlds of difference. Feels way better than my 2012 r2c2. The wc is so much smoother through the travel than the coil and the instant adjustablity is awesome.

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 12:41 Quote
Great! Thanks a ton, my wallet will be a bit lighter than anticipated Smile

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 14:55 Quote
Should I buy a used 2012 Giant Glory 0 or a 2012 Kona Supreme Operator? Their both the same price and same condition. I need help deciding!!! Thanks

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
shredthegnar1 wrote:
Should I buy a used 2012 Giant Glory 0 or a 2012 Kona Supreme Operator? Their both the same price and same condition. I need help deciding!!! Thanks

definitely giant glory

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 16:02 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
shredthegnar1 wrote:

definitely giant glory

Snap snap

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 16:12 Quote
hey guys my friend is starting racing dh and he wants to know what is some good body armour knee pads,padded shorts,chest and back protection yes hes going the whole way just wondered what guys think

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 16:20 Quote
I've heard Schwalbe pro-core strated shipping today...who's going to be trying it out?..Smile

Posted: May 26, 2015 at 16:22 Quote
shredthegnar1 wrote:
Glory, Glory, Glory. You'll like it much more, especially since it's the Glory 0

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019033
Mobile Version of Website