Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 15:44 Quote
gabriel-mission9 wrote:
angry-sasquatch wrote:
So when trying to tune my CCDBC, both the high and low speed compression spin when trying to adjust one at a time. I'm guessing this isn't right, any ideas?

When adjusting the outer dial, the inner dial should turn with it. When adjusting the inner dial, hold the outer dial still with a spanner.
Sweet thanks a lot.

O+
Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 16:49 Quote
MMsportchannel wrote:
Sup guys! Just broke my hand (displaced fracture of the metacarpal) and had to have surgery. Got 5 screws and a plate now in my hand, wanted to know if any one had similar injuries and how long it took to get back on the bike. The doc said I could start using my hand softly after 3 weeks but didnt say anything about riding so I was wondering. Would you have any tips also to get back faster on the saddle? Caus im dying from inside not being able to ride Razz

Find BioFreeze, it is excellent for rapid healing. Listen to your doc. Worst thing that would happen is that he's wrong and you're fully healed early and don't cause further damage

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
MMsportchannel wrote:
Sup guys! Just broke my hand (displaced fracture of the metacarpal) and had to have surgery. Got 5 screws and a plate now in my hand, wanted to know if any one had similar injuries and how long it took to get back on the bike. The doc said I could start using my hand softly after 3 weeks but didnt say anything about riding so I was wondering. Would you have any tips also to get back faster on the saddle? Caus im dying from inside not being able to ride Razz
ask the doctor or consult a sports medicine physical therapist.

Posted: Jul 31, 2015 at 20:35 Quote
MMsportchannel wrote:

Dont listen to the doc. Suck it up and go ride your bike. Youll be fine.

Kidding....rest and lots of ice. Hope you heal up soon but dont rush it.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 8:57 Quote
MMsportchannel wrote:
i feel your pain bro i just broke my collarbone a week today first run in whistler

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 9:11 Quote
WlsnRider14 wrote:
MMsportchannel wrote:
i feel your pain bro i just broke my collarbone a week today first run in whistler
I got to go to winterberg and I also crashed first run. It defiantly wasn't as bad though, I only fell into some rocks and got a few deep cuts and gashes in my hands. hope both of you guys heal up well.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 9:19 Quote
So my front wheel is officialy dead. Any suggestions for a new one for ~$190?

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 9:23 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
You need the whole wheel?

Hope pro 2 and stans should be about that much.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:
You need the whole wheel?

Hope pro 2 and stans should be about that much.

Yeah, I'd prefer a whole wheel. Got any site which sells the stans in 26"? I'm only finding 29".

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
I'd pick up a second hand havoc or deemax for that.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 13:36 Quote
What size rear spring should I be looking at for my 2013 Gambler?

I'm about 230lbs????

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 14:50 Quote
laramee wrote:

I'm about 230lbs????
depends on how much you weigh and what your going for. I'm 175lbs and using a 450lbs spring.

Posted: Aug 1, 2015 at 16:11 Quote
EricThiessen wrote:
laramee wrote:

I'm about 230lbs????
depends on how much you weigh and what your going for. I'm 175lbs and using a 450lbs spring.
not on a gambler you're not. The gambler has a much lower leverage ratio.

Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 10:25 Quote
Could enduro specific wheels be used for DH no problem? I'm looking for that front wheel, but can't seem to be able to find anything DH specific for a good price. I've seen some DH rigs with enduro wheelsets, but how well do they hold up?

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2015 at 11:54 Quote
That depends entirely on what and how you ride. For me it's a big nope.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018354
Mobile Version of Website