Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
O+
Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
Any of you guys familiar with the new demo? trying to find a mech hanger for it but google fu is failing.
Looked on the Spesh site but no luck. Any pointers be welcomed.

A Specialized dealer is going to be your best bet.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 17:32 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:
Any of you guys familiar with the new demo? trying to find a mech hanger for it but google fu is failing.

either wheels MFG or NSB might have one. If they dont make one yet, then you'll have to go to a dealer.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 17:45 Quote
Or try the eBay store for a company called "the fix" pretty solid selection of mech hangers.

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 18:57 Quote
would putting a 650b fork on a 26 inch DH bike make the geometry really bad? any information is appreciated on if it makes it better worst or the same, and how it would feel to ride?

thank you

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 19:03 Quote
alexga18 wrote:
I want to get my first DH bike and i was looking at a specialized big hit and a kona entourage. they are both 2012 and have the same price tag. the big hit is size L and the entourage is size M. My height is around 5"9-5"10. which bike is better in your opinion and which would better fit me?
get the med

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 19:48 Quote
c4mtb wrote:
would putting a 650b fork on a 26 inch DH bike make the geometry really bad? any information is appreciated on if it makes it better worst or the same, and how it would feel to ride?

thank you
I don't think geo would be a problem there, I run my Boxxer with the stanchions all the way down so it is about an inch higher...

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 20:31 Quote
Hetman64 wrote:
jonus216 wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:

I actually weight 150 pounds ;D
I'm picking up what you're laying down, but is fully open towards plus or minus?
Open (counterclockwise) is towards minus.

Many thanks!

Also are the knobs/dials supposed to be turning with so much resistance?
The dials do have so much resistance. Use a small Allen key as a lever to aid you in turning them. Have fun on your new fork!

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 20:46 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
c4mtb wrote:

thank you
I don't think geo would be a problem there, I run my Boxxer with the stanchions all the way down so it is about an inch higher...

The 650b fork usually has a different offset though that will affect the handling

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 23:50 Quote
Can anybody tell me the brake mount required for a Dorado to a Hope M4?

Posted: Sep 2, 2015 at 23:53 Quote
anyone tried the new x2 or preferably float x2?? looking for user experience ....

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 0:11 Quote
Nobble wrote:
mixmastamikal wrote:
mattygee020671 wrote:

either wheels MFG or NSB might have one. If they dont make one yet, then you'll have to go to a dealer.
Thanks all, yeah tried all the usual suspects no joy, dealer it is then. on the FSR manual it gives the part number for everything else apart from the hanger/clamp, typical spesh, love to make things less than easy.

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 0:34 Quote
jonus216 wrote:
Hetman64 wrote:
jonus216 wrote:

Open (counterclockwise) is towards minus.

Many thanks!

Also are the knobs/dials supposed to be turning with so much resistance?
The dials do have so much resistance. Use a small Allen key as a lever to aid you in turning them. Have fun on your new fork!

I will have the chance to try it out during the weekend. So far it looks awesome on the bike. I haven't ridden it yet, but it feels like it's ready to eat up any bump Big Grin

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 7:37 Quote
falkyn wrote:
anyone tried the new x2 or preferably float x2?? looking for user experience ....

I am on the float X2 and all I can say is that it is a pretty amazing shock. If you have the knowledge and patience to set it up it can be any shock you want it to be. It can be surprisingly linear for air or you can throw a bunch of spacers in and make it extremely progressive, all up to you.

Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
falkyn wrote:

I am on the float X2 and all I can say is that it is a pretty amazing shock. If you have the knowledge and patience to set it up it can be any shock you want it to be. It can be surprisingly linear for air or you can throw a bunch of spacers in and make it extremely progressive, all up to you.

I second this! I'm extremely impressed with the adjustability and feeling the Float X2. The only down side was the price!

O+
Posted: Sep 3, 2015 at 12:53 Quote
I have 2 of those shock wiz shock tuning systems on the way hopefully in January that I can't wait to start playing with on the X2 as well. Will give you guys feed back when I get a chance.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022729
Mobile Version of Website