Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 2, 2016 at 10:46 Quote
SqueekyEnterprises wrote:
all you really have to do is be stupid fast

So would you suggest stiff and fast or plush and fast?

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 10:50 Quote
jbonequi wrote:
Would you recommend a shimano Saint shifter and derrallieur with a Shimano 105 CS-5700 10 Speed Cassette for a DH Tranny with RF SixC 36T Crankset ? Just building my first DH rig. Thanks!

Thats exactly my setup. It works fine EXCEPT the cassette spider rubbed on the spokes (hope proII evo hub) To solve it i run a very thin (0,5mm?) spacer behind the cassette. No more problems.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 11:05 Quote
Aren't Shimano cassettes supposed to use a 1mm spacer on the inside?

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 11:19 Quote
Dayuuuum, noted the spacer thing, I think the Hope pro4 now provide such spacer in the packing.

Thanks everyone on the feedback!

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 11:22 Quote
Anyone here installed Fox Float X2 on a specialized demo 8 2012? Im planning to get an X2 but im thinking it will not fit the Horst link

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
gpgalanis wrote:
SqueekyEnterprises wrote:
all you really have to do is be stupid fast

So would you suggest stiff and fast or plush and fast?

I run 15-20% sag on my fork depending on the course with a fast rebound setting. Best thing to do is get out there and try stuff, go with what feels good but also maybe break out the old stop watch and time yourself.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 11:36 Quote
Great. Thank you.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Aren't Shimano cassettes supposed to use a 1mm spacer on the inside?

10spd shimano mtb cassettes need a 1mm spacer to run on new 11spd freehub bodies. This is different however, my hub (being older) would run a 10spd shimano mtb cassette fine with no spacer, but 10spd road cassettes are slightly differently spaced.

Posted: May 2, 2016 at 13:45 Quote
betitoraveli wrote:
Anyone here installed Fox Float X2 on a specialized demo 8 2012? Im planning to get an X2 but im thinking it will not fit the Horst link

I have one on a 13. Plan on doing a little bit of dremel work, filing, or machining to the yoke. It's not hard at all, just take your time if you do it yourself.

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 6:15 Quote
PLEASE HELP i have a 2011 fox 40 fit rc2 kashima fork on my supreme dh v2, and i have no idea how to adjust it and its way to stiff and as far as i know, theres no air valve. PLEASE HELP

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 7:25 Quote
Change Compression settings and spring. They don't have an air valve afaik.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2016 at 9:51 Quote
freeridefrenzy wrote:
PLEASE HELP i have a 2011 fox 40 fit rc2 kashima fork on my supreme dh v2, and i have no idea how to adjust it and its way to stiff and as far as i know, theres no air valve. PLEASE HELP

If you can, post a picture of the top caps of the shock to see what you are working with here.

Edit: OK I searched for the fork and found the service manual for it here-

http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/owners_manuals/011/Content/Forks/40/40.html

It is not an air fork like mentioned in the comment above so if you have the HSC/LSC turned all the way down and it is still too stiff you need to get a new coil for it. Do you know what the sag is currently at?

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 12:01 Quote
Just got a 2014 Fezzari Widows Peak, anyone know much about them?

Posted: May 3, 2016 at 12:09 Quote
Why wouldn't you ask that before you bought it? What are you trying to get out of this? All I can tell you is you could have probably gotten something much better; those things are really outdated. 65* HA and 14.25" bb: no thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029830
Mobile Version of Website