PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 16:34 Quote
Does anyone know what chain guide standard a 2015 devinci Wilson is? Thanks

O+
Posted: May 27, 2016 at 16:48 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
Does anyone know what chain guide standard a 2015 devinci Wilson is? Thanks
Iscg 05. I'd be willing to put a decent sum of money.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 0:33 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
Still on 26 here and getting by just fine but it is already getting harder to find wheels and tires. Not impossible but harder.

I'm on a mostly stock 2010 enduro comp that I picked up used a few months back. previous owner barely touched it. I love hitting jumps and am fairly smooth. Haven't had the chance yet to go big on the enduro but I'm going up to snow summit bike park this weekend. Anyone owned one of these who can report on how it does performance wise and durability wise in bike park situations? I did my research on the bike but didn't find anything about how it will handle occasional park days. If it's not a good bike for the park I may just rent a big bike. Thanks
Hi, look at Gwin in South Africa Pietemarisburg 2015 (I'm pretty sure, that I messed the name of the town). He was on Enduro with doublecrown. It will survive the beating! I guess it passed a good benchmark.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 0:57 Quote
raidenCZE wrote:
mrgonzo wrote:
Still on 26 here and getting by just fine but it is already getting harder to find wheels and tires. Not impossible but harder.

I'm on a mostly stock 2010 enduro comp that I picked up used a few months back. previous owner barely touched it. I love hitting jumps and am fairly smooth. Haven't had the chance yet to go big on the enduro but I'm going up to snow summit bike park this weekend. Anyone owned one of these who can report on how it does performance wise and durability wise in bike park situations? I did my research on the bike but didn't find anything about how it will handle occasional park days. If it's not a good bike for the park I may just rent a big bike. Thanks
Hi, look at Gwin in South Africa Pietemarisburg 2015 (I'm pretty sure, that I messed the name of the town). He was on Enduro with doublecrown. It will survive the beating! I guess it passed a good benchmark.

Except it wasn't a standard frame.
Nor was the nukeproof mega Sam hill rode.
They had all been made specifically to take a DC fork.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 1:31 Quote
Didn't he just ride an enduro evo which can take dual crowns anyway

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 2:35 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:

Maybe he did...
But mrgonzo is asking about the comp 2010 not a newer evo......

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 3:11 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Maybe he did...
Aren't they the ones that came with the future shock 160mm dual crown? I wouldn't bet on them taking a DH dual crown.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 4:59 Quote
jamieridesbikes wrote:
oldmanDan wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Maybe he did...
Aren't they the ones that came with the future shock 160mm dual crown? I wouldn't bet on them taking a DH dual crown.

Came with a lyric and I'm planning on keeping it stock. Thanks for the replies

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 10:34 Quote
So today I've been riding my bike all day and it worked just fine but later when I got home and took it off the car bike rack the lever to the rear brake didn't react until just before it was touching the handlebar..and theres no sign of fluid leak

Any ideas?

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 10:37 Quote
boonkad wrote:
So today I've been riding my bike all day and it worked just fine but later when I got home and took it off the car bike rack the lever to the rear brake didn't react until just before it was touching the handlebar..and theres no sign of fluid leak

Any ideas?

Air has got from the lever reservoir into the brake line. Stand the bike the right way up, with the wheels fitted and pump the brake until it works properly again. 4-5 pumps should do.

Get your brakes re-bled sometime in the near future.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 11:10 Quote
Air has got from the lever reservoir into the brake line. Stand the bike the right way up, with the wheels fitted and pump the brake until it works properly again. 4-5 pumps should do.

Get your brakes re-bled sometime in the near future.[/Quote]

I did exactly that but nothing happened and bled the brake like 2 weeks ago

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 13:13 Quote
boonkad wrote:

I did exactly that but nothing happened and bled the brake like 2 weeks ago[/Quote]

It might take a few more pumps. Had a similar issue with my brakes (no bike point whatsoever) and after pumping for a minute and knocking against the cable and lever everything went back to normal.

Posted: May 28, 2016 at 13:16 Quote
boonkad wrote:

I did exactly that but nothing happened and bled the brake like 2 weeks ago[/Quote]
Did you bleed it or did a professional bleed it?

Posted: May 29, 2016 at 1:34 Quote
I pumped the lever for like a minute and it got better but it's not as good as it were before so I'll just have bleed it again I guess

And yeah I bleed it myself, only done it once so maybe I did something wrong
I remember fluid was dripping from the lever bleed port when I were pushing in on the syringe, and the syringe had like tons of air in it so I figured maybe it wasn't sealed and I both tightened and losened it but it was still dripping

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023700
Mobile Version of Website