Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
What's with you buying stuff before asking if it's any good? What would you even do with the answer if you already bought it?
Hahahah nah m8 i know it's good stuff since i tested it a couple of runs before buying,but i wanted to know how would it compare haha

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 14:02 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
What's with you buying stuff before asking if it's any good? What would you even do with the answer if you already bought it?
Hahahah nah m8 i know it's good stuff since i tested it a couple of runs before buying,but i wanted to know how would it compare haha

Posted: Jan 22, 2017 at 14:18 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
I just bought the Sram GX drivetrain,how good it is compared to the SLX vs. XTR vs. XT?
Id say its about inbetween slx and xt. My dad has it and it works good. Feels about the same as x1 but also has a little bit cheaper feeling.
GX shifting feels better than XT. Probably a bit less durable though.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
I just bought the Sram GX drivetrain,how good it is compared to the SLX vs. XTR vs. XT?
Id say its about inbetween slx and xt. My dad has it and it works good. Feels about the same as x1 but also has a little bit cheaper feeling.

IMO NX= Deore, GX=SLX, XO/XO1= XT/XTR

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 9:25 Quote
how does a transition tr250 compare to a tr450 as far as sizing goes
the 450 is running a 40 and 250 is running a 36
they are both mediums and dont know how they fit

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
how does a transition tr250 compare to a tr450 as far as sizing goes
the 450 is running a 40 and 250 is running a 36
they are both mediums and dont know how they fit

If you go the Transitions site, under Support, you can access the sizing / geo for both. If that helps.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 15:00 Quote
anyone one know how tall you can be a ride a 2012 spesh sx trail comfortably
cant find a size guide and was hoping if someone who has owned one could help me out with this

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
HardtailsAreGnarly wrote:
Nobble wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

IMO NX= Deore, GX=SLX, XO/XO1= XT/XTR
then what about X1 and XX1? They don't really compare directly. For example, there is no 11spd X0, there's XX1 and X01 which are basically the same thing except for a couple of ti fasteners and a few bucks. Both are comparable to XTR. I guess X1 is their XT competitor in the "tier" but it's not seen very much.

GX 11spd is REALLY good for how cheap it is.

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 15:20 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
cant find a size guide and was hoping if someone who has owned one could help me out with this
depends what size frame you buy?

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 16:42 Quote
Nobble wrote:
jmartinbiking wrote:

looking at a medium

Posted: Jan 23, 2017 at 23:46 Quote
jmartinbiking wrote:
Nobble wrote:
jmartinbiking wrote:

looking at a medium
probably like 5'11"

Posted: Jan 27, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
Does it make sense to purge the air from a dvo fork for winter/no riding months? Or keep the pressure in there?

Or should I go touch the door handle 5 more times and get a life?

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 1:15 Quote
sab11 wrote:
Does it make sense to purge the air from a dvo fork for winter/no riding months? Or keep the pressure in there?

Or should I go touch the door handle 5 more times and get a life?

Unless you store your forks in a dyno I think you should be okay lol

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 11:10 Quote
Anyone got a fix for a Schwalbe magic Mary thats got a gash in it. The gash is on the top of the tyre, not in sidewall. It's pretty big, I'd say like maybe 1.5-2CM, sadly stans sealant didn't fill it.

Kinda annoying as it was the first ride on that tyre and I cab to pay another 50 quid for another one

It's a vert star SG casing if that means anything

Posted: Jan 28, 2017 at 12:00 Quote
oli99 wrote:
Anyone got a fix for a Schwalbe magic Mary thats got a gash in it. The gash is on the top of the tyre, not in sidewall. It's pretty big, I'd say like maybe 1.5-2CM, sadly stans sealant didn't fill it.

Kinda annoying as it was the first ride on that tyre and I cab to pay another 50 quid for another one

It's a vert star SG casing if that means anything
You could probably get it warrentied, but if its a 2cm gash, that tyre is done.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023893
Mobile Version of Website