Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:39 Quote
Spicy-Mike wrote:
No increasing travel. Decreasing travel or short shocking would decrease your HA and BB height. Long shocking aka not recommended at all would get things steeper.

Lucky for you there are Offset Bushings that you can buy (20-30 for pair). Find what Size your shock eyelet reducers are, then install them backwards as per instructions, should work with DHR. Doesnt increase/decrease travel, but will make HA +1* deg and BB +half an inch i believe.

But really, your shock settings should give you 70% of the capability to make your bike more poppy/nimble, the rest being weight, etc.

.... Lowering the travel will definetly steepen a HA. You on the wax bro?

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:41 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:
No increasing travel. Decreasing travel or short shocking would decrease your HA and BB height. Long shocking aka not recommended at all would get things steeper.

Lucky for you there are Offset Bushings that you can buy (20-30 for pair). Find what Size your shock eyelet reducers are, then install them backwards as per instructions, should work with DHR. Doesnt increase/decrease travel, but will make HA +1* deg and BB +half an inch i believe.

But really, your shock settings should give you 70% of the capability to make your bike more poppy/nimble, the rest being weight, etc.

apparently the concept of lowering a fork went over his head. He's been talking about the shock.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:41 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

False. Short shocking slackens the head angle.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:42 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Spicy-Mike wrote:

Your on the wax too bro

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Your on the wax too bro
Go compress the shock on your bike. Only the back. You'll see your head angle will get slacker. Same thing as putting a shorter shock on.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:43 Quote
Damn i thought we were talking about rear shock this whole time haha since op didnt want to go SC fork anyways or lose travel per se.

But forsure lowering rear shock i2i will make things slacker. Opposite for Forks. Obvi.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:44 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:

Your on the wax too bro
Go compress the shock on your bike. Only the back. You'll see your head angle will get slacker. Same thing as putting a shorter shock on.
the fork noodles... lower the fork.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Arnoodles wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Your on the wax too bro
the fork noodles... lower the fork.
This is all in reference to Spicy Mike's comment about short shocking. Pureface seems to be under the impression it would make the head angle steeper.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:45 Quote
Lol. Yep. I see you guys are on the wax/shatter lolol

But yes rear shock with less travel would slacken. OP is talking forks tho

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:50 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Lol. Yep. I see you guys are on the wax/shatter lolol

But yes rear shock with less travel would slacken. OP is talking forks tho

Not even! Reasoning was OP wants to avoid SC fork in the first place or loose travel for that matter, so the next thing would be to talk about rear shock if you want to manipulate the geo without going full-out on an angleset. So theres understandable confusion, but after that i was clearly making reference to the rear shock or offset bushings.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 20:53 Quote
Haha. At least you know what the wax is lol.

I honestly didn't know there was offset shock bushes... Neato

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
I have a question about upgrading rear shock and which would be better for dh. I have the choice between a 2010 manitou metal rp and a fox van r. I'm paying half the price for the metal so which do you guys think is the better deal?

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 3:05 Quote
Re: Turner DHR park

Simple changes. faster rebound, less sag, more compression.

you can also steepen the headangle with flt crowns if you run a boxxer with a drop crown

A flat crown will steepen the headangle 1 degree.

As for making the bike more nimble shorter stem, tighter bars will also help if you have them lying around.

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 3:55 Quote
Will it make me a bad person of i put a old school bell on my DH bike? Razz

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 4:08 Quote
slidways wrote:
Re: Turner DHR park

Simple changes. faster rebound, less sag, more compression.

you can also steepen the headangle with flt crowns if you run a boxxer with a drop crown

A flat crown will steepen the headangle 1 degree.

As for making the bike more nimble shorter stem, tighter bars will also help if you have them lying around.

The guy has a fox 40 (normal flat crown anyways) which imo does a fairly good job in making a bike feel that much more tanky. Change your suspension settings and be done! After that, then look into offset bushings or angleset or lighten up something.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015865
Mobile Version of Website