Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
O+
Posted: Sep 19, 2014 at 17:25 Quote
SneakAttck wrote:
NightFalcon wrote:
SneakAttck wrote:

Hello all, i'm proud to be a Norco Aurum owner !!

I just finish it today !

still need some parts but this is what i have now !

Batman

Congrats, it looks great! And you'll find it performs even better Smile

Thank you !

Looking to get new rims, any suggestions ?

I've had my eyes on these lately http://nsmb.com/review-spank-spike-race-28-evo-rim/

Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 0:29 Quote
v12ewok wrote:
SneakAttck wrote:
NightFalcon wrote:

Congrats, it looks great! And you'll find it performs even better Smile

Thank you !

Looking to get new rims, any suggestions ?

I've had my eyes on these lately http://nsmb.com/review-spank-spike-race-28-evo-rim/

I've been running these for around 2 years now, super solid wheels! Hubs are due their first bearing change just now, I've heard my rear rim make that dreaded sound smashing against rocks far too many times, but not a single dent on it Smile

Highly recommended! Also, they don't look too bad on the Aurum either Wink (sorry for potato)

Norco Aurum LE 2013

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2014 at 13:52 Quote
octura wrote:
Did you make the Norco sign decals?

yea dude[/Quote]

Where did you get the font's??? Smile [/Quote]

i got my mate to copy them from another bike, if you want i can send you the file. Pm if your interested

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 10:42 Quote
Hey guys, I just received my 2014 Norco aurum frame from Norco, I live in Manitoba, nothing much to ride this thing down aside houses. Long story short of why I have it. My previous bike had a recall. I would love to hold onto this bike for future trips to BC, but in the mean time actually use it for urban, trails, general "fun" commute. what I have to run for forks are 200mm bombers, and a DHX 5 rear shock. I'm wondering if anyone has put on a set of 160-180mm forks and could comment on how it effects the bikes handling and actual pedal ability. Apparently this thing is in the tops for design on pedal bob and brake hop. But I wont ever know till I actually get all the correct parts together for it. Previous bike was a 09 A line, steered like a canoe on the level land, and horrible to pedal. haven't read one negative thing about this bike aside the rear cable routing, which was apparently fixed in 2013+ models.

Thank you all.
Bob

O+
Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
bob442 wrote:
Hey guys, I just received my 2014 Norco aurum frame from Norco, I live in Manitoba, nothing much to ride this thing down aside houses. Long story short of why I have it. My previous bike had a recall. I would love to hold onto this bike for future trips to BC, but in the mean time actually use it for urban, trails, general "fun" commute. what I have to run for forks are 200mm bombers, and a DHX 5 rear shock. I'm wondering if anyone has put on a set of 160-180mm forks and could comment on how it effects the bikes handling and actual pedal ability. Apparently this thing is in the tops for design on pedal bob and brake hop. But I wont ever know till I actually get all the correct parts together for it. Previous bike was a 09 A line, steered like a canoe on the level land, and horrible to pedal. haven't read one negative thing about this bike aside the rear cable routing, which was apparently fixed in 2013+ models.

Thank you all.
Bob

Go back to page 130 some guy posted his Aurum built up with 180mm fork and a dropper I think. Got a lot of shit for it lol but he seemed to dig it.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 13:13 Quote
poor guy got a lot of grief but the head tube angle looks pretty cross country.

Posted: Sep 22, 2014 at 21:43 Quote
bob442 wrote:

Thank you all.
Bob

Hey Bob,
We have had two Aurums set up with 180mm forks in our household and I say go for it! Handling is definitely more nimble and precise. It lightens the front end a bit making the bike more playful. As for pedaling ability, it's a tad better with the slightly steeper head angle and the slight drop in overall weight.
Singlecrown Aurum
I broke her in on the gnarliest mountain I know. What a blast The Aurum really is a fun bike to ride.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 14:56 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
bob442 wrote:

Thank you all.
Bob

Go back to page 130 some guy posted his Aurum built up with 180mm fork and a dropper I think. Got a lot of shit for it lol but he seemed to dig it.

That was a 160mm pike.Utterly, utterly stupid.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 15:38 Quote
Whatever floats his boat though.

O+
Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 16:28 Quote
Very true, ride what you want.... BUT after seeing how awesome the new Norco Range looks you gotta be a bit crazy to build up an Aurum with shorter travel.

Norco

$3100 usd I believe for that beauty ^^^

No way you can build up an Aurum for anywhere near that price. Frame alone is like $2500. Any decent 180/160mm fork will be at least $1000.

Posted: Sep 23, 2014 at 21:19 Quote
StanMarsh wrote:
Very true, ride what you want.... BUT after seeing how awesome the new Norco Range looks you gotta be a bit crazy to build up an Aurum with shorter travel.

Norco

$3100 usd I believe for that beauty ^^^

No way you can build up an Aurum for anywhere near that price. Frame alone is like $2500. Any decent 180/160mm fork will be at least $1000.

+1 on that!, trying to find a way to get my hands on that Range. although, I could probably find last years for a good price.

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 3:15 Quote
i have a range and an aurum and i would also reccomend the range if you do more pedalling than bikepark. it is such a fun bike. it is so much fun that i want to take it to the bikepark one day for shredding the flowy jumptrail. it gives me a similar confidence like the aurum. for me the perfect geometrie. i felt right at home from beginning on. of course you make sacrifices on the rough DH tracks but anyway.

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 5:48 Quote
i bought a new Zee derailleur and shifter but i have some problems...it wont change 1/1 and when im on the lowest gear it's toching the frame...

got some pics
photo
photo
photo

got 10speed cassette Shimano Ultegra

Cant seem to figure it out why is not working properly....

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 7:16 Quote
On my saint there is a 3mm bolt that if you screw in it moves away from the frame. I would suggest you use a different cassette because I have never got a saint or zee working on a road cassette

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 at 7:17 Quote
SneakAttck wrote:
i bought a new Zee derailleur and shifter but i have some problems...it wont change 1/1 and when im on the lowest gear it's toching the frame...

got some pics
photo
photo
photo

got 10speed cassette Shimano Ultegra

Cant seem to figure it out why is not working properly....

Try taking the knuckle off or what ever it's called . The peice that is on the derailer u have bolted to the hanger and try direct mounting your derailuer to your hanger, I have a few buddy's who run they're Aurums that's way

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034541
Mobile Version of Website