Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:12 Quote
efornwald wrote:
bigredride wrote:
Im stoked to buy an Aurum this year for local DH and trips to Whistler. Should go well with my SHinobi 29er for local trails. 6.3 or 6.2? Advice?
if you can afford it, go for the 6.2 the build quality is alot better over a $700 difference in price
What's different apart from spec? I am in the market as well.

O+
Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:15 Quote
ArnoldBabar wrote:
efornwald wrote:
bigredride wrote:
Im stoked to buy an Aurum this year for local DH and trips to Whistler. Should go well with my SHinobi 29er for local trails. 6.3 or 6.2? Advice?
if you can afford it, go for the 6.2 the build quality is alot better over a $700 difference in price
nothings different apart from spec but the jump in spec is enough to spend the extra $700 on imo

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:34 Quote
efornwald wrote:
ArnoldBabar wrote:
efornwald wrote:
nothings different apart from spec but the jump in spec is enough to spend the extra $700 on imo

+1

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 19:45 Quote
Ya that's what I assumed. I'm trying to decide whether to get a new aurum, or a used 951 or tr450.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:05 Quote
ArnoldBabar wrote:
Ya that's what I assumed. I'm trying to decide whether to get a new aurum, or a used 951 or tr450.

You could also get a used Aurum. $3500CAD for Fox 40, CCDB and Saint is doable - check the PB buy/sell.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:10 Quote
ArnoldBabar wrote:

My size medium aurum will be for sale in a bout a week. Brand new le frame from warranty.. And lots of race face goodies.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:11 Quote
thanks, i think the 6.2 is in my future....

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 20:16 Quote
kurt-heering wrote:
ArnoldBabar wrote:

My size medium aurum will be for sale in a bout a week. Brand new le frame from warranty.. And lots of race face goodies.
you getting another aurum for 2015 ?

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 21:04 Quote
kurt-heering wrote:
ArnoldBabar wrote:

Sounds rad, but I need a large frame and am trying to buy local so I don't have to deal with shipping. I've found a 2013 6.2 with Fox float 40 and DHX that I am looking at. Trying to keep things around 3k, just keeping an eye on the buysell section. Have a couple bikes I am keeping an eye on just waiting to pull the trigger. For you Aurum owners what are some of the traits that really drew you to purchase them? What really caught my eye was the price but I haven't found any really comprehensive reviews on them.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 22:59 Quote
for me the aurum is the best i have had so far. 3rd dh bike. after tr450 and the banshee legend. i like both flowy jump trails and technical and fast DH tracks. for me the aurum has a very good balnace or ratio between those worlds...very flickable bike for the long wheelbase. and stays enough stable in the rough. good pop on jumps. i kinda found my perfect set up for the ccdb. works perfectly. just love the bike... i like that short chainstay combined with the longer front centre. i think thats the key that makes the bike how it handles so good for me. it is no plow machine.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 8:47 Quote
goytay wrote:
efornwald wrote:
ArnoldBabar wrote:

+1

I thought about going with the 6.2, but to me, the Marzocchi 888CR on the 6.3 was a better fork option than the Boxxer RC. The lower maintenance need meant alot to me. I spent some extra money instead (about $600) for a very well taken care of and lightly used Pushed 2013 Fox RC4 and brand new Shimano Zees (same brakes as the 6.2). In my opinion, my 2014 6.3 is now higher spec'd than the 6.2, and I still spent a little less than the $700 upgrade difference. Mind you, I got lucky with a great deal on a rear shock (and now the original Vanilla R is a backup when I send my RC4 in for service), I really don't like Boxxers, and a 10-speed drivetrain wasn't very important to me.

I also replaced the pedals and will still install a wider handlebar and Minion DHF's next season, but I would have done that anyway with the 6.2.

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 10:11 Quote
6.2 comes with dorados

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 16:01 Quote
Fufi7 wrote:
for me the aurum is the best i have had so far. 3rd dh bike. after tr450 and the banshee legend. i like both flowy jump trails and technical and fast DH tracks. for me the aurum has a very good balnace or ratio between those worlds...very flickable bike for the long wheelbase. and stays enough stable in the rough. good pop on jumps. i kinda found my perfect set up for the ccdb. works perfectly. just love the bike... i like that short chainstay combined with the longer front centre. i think thats the key that makes the bike how it handles so good for me. it is no plow machine.

Interesting well this is making it a tougher choice for me. Like I mentioned I found a 2013 tr450 and a 2013 Aurum both similarly spec'd and for the same price. I know I will be happy with either but 3 grand is a lot to put down (relatively).

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 16:31 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
WebsterVodka wrote:
Sad day for one of our local aurum owners. What can you say about that? Do you know any other accidents like this?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cs625729.vk.me/v625729011/3c43/d4F0-wjrMQc.jpg
I've seen the same thing. dude pegged a tree going mach chicken

Seen it happen to the 2013 free ride norco, forgot the name

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 at 17:01 Quote
Views: 74,357    Faves: 88    Comments: 46

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013370
Mobile Version of Website