Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 4:07 Quote
Now then... Fellow Aurum owners, how are we all?

Not long bought an absolute bargain 2012 Aurum 2, in literally mint condition.

There's not a huge amount of upgrades from standard, however I've put on the following, Hope Disks, Code Brakes, atlas bar, 2.5 Maxxis Minion DH, Superstar Nanotech pedals, carbon bash guard, Superstar fat grips (big hands) and a nice The Industries saddle. Also got a Dartmoor Chainring and seatpost, both in a nice red anno to slap on.

Some bits purely to bling and of course some performance enhancers.

Will get some pics :-)

Anyway.......anyone got any feedback on the model I bought, anyone running the same, any issue I could do with knowing about?

Cheers,
John.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 6:04 Quote
jskiff wrote:

There's not a huge amount of upgrades from standard, however I've put on the following, Hope Disks, Code Brakes, atlas bar, 2.5 Maxxis Minion DH, Superstar Nanotech pedals, carbon bash guard, Superstar fat grips (big hands) and a nice The Industries saddle. Also got a Dartmoor Chainring and seatpost, both in a nice red anno to slap on.

Anyway.......anyone got any feedback on the model I bought, anyone running the same, any issue I could do with knowing about?

Cheers,
John.

Some cracked around the lower shock mount and if you damage a frame bumper they're hard to get.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 7:25 Quote
mlr428 wrote:
NightFalcon wrote:
Views: 15,607    Faves: 16    Comments: 3

What do you guys think... Blenki? Would be so sick

Also looks like the bikes are different, wonder if it's just the color scheme. I hope they changed the rear end for the carbon frame we saw last season, that thing didn't compare to the sexiness of the aluminum Aurum

I got a chubby.
Jack iles is all so on norco he came into the shop i work at and had the new yellow carbon aurum

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 7:32 Quote
Jacob001 wrote:
mlr428 wrote:
NightFalcon wrote:
Views: 15,607    Faves: 16    Comments: 3

What do you guys think... Blenki? Would be so sick

Also looks like the bikes are different, wonder if it's just the color scheme. I hope they changed the rear end for the carbon frame we saw last season, that thing didn't compare to the sexiness of the aluminum Aurum

I got a chubby.
Jack iles is all so on norco he came into the shop i work at and had the new yellow carbon aurum

Apparently Magnus is too.

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 7:52 Quote
Blenki's style is also hard to miss in that video... bring on 2015 already!

Posted: Nov 21, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
five-10 wrote:
jskiff wrote:

Cheers,
John.

Some cracked around the lower shock mount and if you damage a frame bumper they're hard to get.

2 issues I had! Look out

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 2:11 Quote
Cheers for the heads up Smile

I have another question, I need to increase the spring rating on the rear shock, but information on the web us fairly skant Frown I've got the Xfusion Vector RC shock, I think it's a 76mm spring, can anyone confirm?

This is my first DH Rig so still learning what's compatible with what! Are all springs standardised in diameter etc... Or do I need to buy an Xfusion specifically?

While I'm here has anyone got a link to tech specs?

Cheers,
John.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 2:26 Quote
If I've got my details right I need about a 550lb spring (15st plus gear) and I need 3" of travel, so do I need to find a 550x3.25.

Cheers,
John.

O+
Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 6:28 Quote
jskiff wrote:
If I've got my details right I need about a 550lb spring (15st plus gear) and I need 3" of travel, so do I need to find a 550x3.25.

Cheers,
John.

I don't know all the brands of springs that fit X Fusion shocks, but I know for sure that Fox springs fit them (I run one myself). For a Fox spring, yes you will want one that is 550x3.25. I'm not entirely sure myself if that is the correct rate for your weight, I just know that's the stroke you'll need. If that's what the spring calculator said though, I'd go with that.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 6:29 Quote
jskiff wrote:

I have another question, I need to increase the spring rating on the rear shock, but information on the web us fairly skant Frown I've got the Xfusion Vector RC shock, I think it's a 76mm spring, can anyone confirm?

This is my first DH Rig so still learning what's compatible with what! Are all springs standardised in diameter etc... Or do I need to buy an Xfusion specifically?

Cheers,
John.

Have you used any of the shock/spring calculators?

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 6:43 Quote
Done it again on the mojo one and its say 500lbs that may be a bit better.

So long as fox fits I'll get a 500x3.25 Smile

Cheers gents.

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 9:49 Quote
jskiff wrote:

Cheers,
John.

Another issue you may come accross is the shock popping. I popped two different shocks from two different batches. Other than tht it's a pretty good shock for the price

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 12:23 Quote
Is it defo a 3.25.

Seen conflicting waffle that says I should go for a 3.00 Frown

Thought I got my head round mountain bikes with my enduro!

Every "STANDARD" is not a fookin standard haha Smile

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 12:29 Quote
Fox measure there springs differently, a fox 3.25 is a 3.00 for nearly all other brands. Got to add .25 to fox's

Posted: Nov 24, 2014 at 13:23 Quote
bumpythebear wrote:
Fox measure there springs differently, a fox 3.25 is a 3.00 for nearly all other brands. Got to add .25 to fox's

So this one would be too big?

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1680230/

Very confused haha

Not sure if this would be the right symbol but.... Dead Horse that is how I feel Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015577
Mobile Version of Website