Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Mar 26, 2015 at 21:38 Quote
axl886 wrote:
goytay wrote:
Not bad, i would get rid of the wheels for flow ex's on hope hubs. install the charger damper system, and swap out the kage for a vivid r2c, or CCDB, or DHX 4, vector HLR.

Great... thanks for the insight. Now to find any dealer (in AUS or CAN?) who can give a discount *and* willing to ship to me. I don't have local dealers here. Frown

Search" North shore bike shop" email them and see what they can do. I've gotten good service from these guys, hopefully they can help you out.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 6:36 Quote
Hello all. I've just warrantied frame due to my 2013 aurum 1 cracking under the shock. Thing is they sent me a 2014 6.2 in a large and my original frame was a medium. I'm 6' and the medium from 2013 felt good, maybe a little on the small side but not too small. I was stoked for the 2014 medium as its slightly longer. Anyone else similar to my height run the 2014 large? Seams pretty big to me...

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 7:20 Quote
I'm 5'10, fairly long torso and the medium 2014 felt big compared to my medium 2012.
just noticed a few days ago that my 2012 Aurum LE frame is cracked at the lower shock mount as well Frown

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 9:49 Quote
derekt wrote:
Hello all. I've just warrantied frame due to my 2013 aurum 1 cracking under the shock. Thing is they sent me a 2014 6.2 in a large and my original frame was a medium. I'm 6' and the medium from 2013 felt good, maybe a little on the small side but not too small. I was stoked for the 2014 medium as its slightly longer. Anyone else similar to my height run the 2014 large? Seams pretty big to me...

I'm 5'10" and got a 2014 medium (from a '12 S to a '14 S) I would have got a large because my L capra is longer than a M aurum and for me feels small. But I have become partial to the extra space after being cramped on a S for a while

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 9:59 Quote
Where exactly at the lower shock mount are people cracking their frames? :/
Would like to know so I can take a look from time to time

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 10:21 Quote
NightFalcon wrote:
Where exactly at the lower shock mount are people cracking their frames? :/
Would like to know so I can take a look from time to time

Page 174

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 10:58 Quote
derekt wrote:

I'd say go for the Large. I'm around 6' and riding a large 2015 aurum. It is a race bike so longer is better for me but in general I'd say the sizing is spot on.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
derekt wrote:

I am 6' and like long bikes normally. Norco aurum 2014 in large was just TOO long. Went to a medium with 55mm stem and bang on.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 13:40 Quote
derekt wrote:
Im 6' and on a large 2014. Best fitting bike if ridden!! The length is great for racing and faster tracks, nothing unsettles it. But it all comes down to your personal preference.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 16:46 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
derekt wrote:

I'd say go for the Large. I'm around 6' and riding a large 2015 aurum. It is a race bike so longer is better for me but in general I'd say the sizing is spot on.

Can you ask NORCO when I can get my 2015 Aurum 6.2???!!!!!! Ive been waiting for a while now and they can't confirm delivery date.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 16:58 Quote
bigredride wrote:
david-lemieux wrote:
derekt wrote:

Can you ask NORCO when I can get my 2015 Aurum 6.2???!!!!!! Ive been waiting for a while now and they can't confirm delivery date.

Do you have a local Norco dealer you can talk to? I don't contact them directly, just through my coach.

Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 17:09 Quote
david-lemieux wrote:
bigredride wrote:
david-lemieux wrote:

Do you have a local Norco dealer you can talk to? I don't contact them directly, just through my coach.

God I wish I could get a straight answer. My LBS said March, then May, and now its June. Another store has said end of March then another manager said mid April. I just don't know what the hell to believe! Meanwhile, my LBS has my deposit.....

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2015 at 17:25 Quote
bigredride wrote:
david-lemieux wrote:
bigredride wrote:

God I wish I could get a straight answer. My LBS said March, then May, and now its June. Another store has said end of March then another manager said mid April. I just don't know what the hell to believe! Meanwhile, my LBS has my deposit.....

Waiting for a new ride is never easy. I guess it depends on when the boat arrives from Taiwan and when the stock makes it to the warehouse.

Posted: Mar 29, 2015 at 11:44 Quote
okay as of right now i ride a large commencal and found a great deal for an upgrade to a 2014 aurum though its a meduim.. the geo for both bikes is similarish and im not racing or anything just fooling around in the bike park would it be a serious no to go for the medium if im 6'2?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013778
Mobile Version of Website