Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 4:57 Quote
Does anyone know the weight of the new dhx2 and float x2?

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 5:48 Quote
norfiril wrote:
mulllz wrote:
on my 2014 arum I'm running a rc4 shock with the 350lb spring that came on it, I'm 90kgs and get 30 percent sag but thinking i should try a 400 pound or even 450 pound spring on the rear to make the rear feel a bit more poppy what do you guys think?

Mmmm if you want pop 450 but, please correct me if I'm wrong, you can try with 400 and playing with compression.

I'm 80 kg and running 400 spring but depends on terrain conditions

hmm don't know guys, but i am 72kg naked, began with a 350 spring (over 35% sag)..but switched to a 400 for ccdb (around 30% sag). as i became more experienced (also with shock set up) i found the stiffer shock a lot better in overall riding..also with the pop. still eats up chatter really good. still think there could be a little more high speed compression. but maybe shock brands vary that much...that i dont know.

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 8:54 Quote
Noob question here:

On my x fusion vector rc, can I put a cancreek 450lb spring on it?
I am way too heavy for this 350lb spring that the vector comes with

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 9:20 Quote
ktm226 wrote:
Noob question here:

i think it will, x fusion, fox and crane-creek have the same inside Dia.

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 10:07 Quote
Cane Creek springs have a larger diameter than Fox. Fox springs won't fit a DB.
Not sure what ID the Vector springs have, but I'd guess that a CC spring would work.

Posted: Jun 17, 2015 at 15:30 Quote
ktm226 wrote:
Noob question here:

I'm using a cane creek spring on my vector RC and it fits great.

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 at 9:58 Quote
Aurum 6.1 2014
I'm 72kg no gear and I'm running a 350 on a rockshox Vivid. Getting a little less than 30% sag.
Cheers!

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 6:50 Quote
any of you guys ride blue mountain at all? new bike has dorado's up front and Cane Creek Db air in the rear. cannot get the bike to feel right for the life of me... previously only had rock show and they were so much easier..... ill buy you a beer if you can help me out!

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 8:25 Quote
run the recommended stock tune that CC has on their website for Aurums, and tweak from there. I used the same tune for my DB air on my Aurum as they recommend for the coil, and it was close.
I've found that I needed to bump up the low and high speed compression a click or two on the coil, and sped the rebound up a couple clicks to get a bit of pop. but the stock tune got me pretty close.
for the DB air on my Aurum, I ran the larger XV cartridge to make the shock more linear. I ended up needing to pull back the low and high speed compression a click or two from the recommended coil tune, but the rebound settings didn't change much.

my Dorado was dead simple to dial in, using their setup guide:
http://www.manitoumtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Dorado_Pro_Set-up.pdf
I ran their recommended "mixed terrain" setting, and it was pretty close to what I ended up being happy with.

be warned that, if you're under ~150lbs, the air pressures they state are too high to get you to 25% sag (with the Dorado).

be patient with setup, and preferably only tweak one adjustment at a time so that you know adjustments what did what on the trail. each click on a Double Barrel makes a noticeable difference, same with the Dorado. it really helps to bring a notebook, and write down your adjustments (as well as what perceived changes you felt) so that you can revert or further tweak things.

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 10:32 Quote
Just updated my trusty Aurum for the season, very happy with how it turned out!

Norco Aurum LE 2013

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 10:42 Quote
thereisnospoon wrote:
run the recommended stock tune that CC has on their website for Aurums, and tweak from there. I used the same tune for my DB air on my Aurum as they recommend for the coil, and it was close.
I've found that I needed to bump up the low and high speed compression a click or two on the coil, and sped the rebound up a couple clicks to get a bit of pop. but the stock tune got me pretty close.
for the DB air on my Aurum, I ran the larger XV cartridge to make the shock more linear. I ended up needing to pull back the low and high speed compression a click or two from the recommended coil tune, but the rebound settings didn't change much.

my Dorado was dead simple to dial in, using their setup guide:
http://www.manitoumtb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Dorado_Pro_Set-up.pdf
I ran their recommended "mixed terrain" setting, and it was pretty close to what I ended up being happy with.

be warned that, if you're under ~150lbs, the air pressures they state are too high to get you to 25% sag (with the Dorado).

be patient with setup, and preferably only tweak one adjustment at a time so that you know adjustments what did what on the trail. each click on a Double Barrel makes a noticeable difference, same with the Dorado. it really helps to bring a notebook, and write down your adjustments (as well as what perceived changes you felt) so that you can revert or further tweak things.

awesome thanks a lot! will definitely give it a try!

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 11:07 Quote
NightFalcon wrote:

Norco Aurum LE 2013

Lovely! Torn between a ti 380 espresso and a boxxer to complete my new build. Is that a team or wc?

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 23, 2015 at 11:23 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
NightFalcon wrote:

Norco Aurum LE 2013

Lovely! Torn between a ti 380 espresso and a boxxer to complete my new build. Is that a team or wc?
Bought it as a team and immediately installed the solo-air upgrade kit, saves quite a bit of $ compared to just buying a WC and you also get 3 springs.

I still haven't ridden it properly but so far I'm very impressed with both the charger and the solo air. I had a similar dilema for forks, I ended up favouring the boxxer cause I know them inside-out in terms of service, I also got a better deal on it.

I'm sure you can't go wrong either way Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
NightFalcon wrote:

Norco Aurum LE 2013

photo
photo
photo

To be honest if you're already running a boxxer then you could also just upgrade to the charger damper, the only difference between that and a new team would then be that you don't have black stanchions which are a superficial upgrade.
I'm on my second season with a charger in my 2011 boxxer and it feels identical to the boxxer teams we have on our rental bikes.

Posted: Jun 25, 2015 at 11:01 Quote
spudlord wrote:
I'm on my second season with a charger in my 2011 boxxer and it feels identical to the boxxer teams we have on our rental bikes.

Seconded. I only went for a whole new fork because my 2010 race was literally about to fall apart any second - play in the bushings, a dent in one of the uppers... I really needed a new fork. But if your boxxer is in good working order, an upgrade is definitely much more worth it

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.176562
Mobile Version of Website