Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 10:00 Quote
cjwanner wrote:
Yeah man, that's how warranties work. No company warranties their frame against normal use or wear and tear. If you crash and snap the frame in half due to hitting it on something ie tree, ground, rocks, then no its not covered. If the frame fails as a result of manufacturing defects ie carbon overlay etc then yes it would be covered. They want to cover their own ass in case some ass hat decides in 3 years he wants a new frame, so he take a hammer to it and says "Your frame failed, give me a new one". Every warranty claim is subject to investigation and is determined by norco. Thats why they have you send in the frame.

In any case, nothing to worry about. There are lots of these frames being beat on, and they seem to be holding up very well.

hahaha i hear ya man, i didn't mean it like i was whining about their warranty coverage. I was just trying to clarify and make sure. like you said though, they have taken some crash frames and replaced them at a lower price than the normal frame costs?

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 11:03 Quote
Something else, i might as well give the Range C a try. (uphill qualities and less $$$) Can you compare these bikes? Like one's Enduro, one's Downhill, but i guess aggressive Enduro is what its built for, so maybe it has comparable downhill qualities? Sorry, not sure if it fits this threads tbh

Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 16:01 Quote
SmashedFungi wrote:
Something else, i might as well give the Range C a try. (uphill qualities and less $$$) Can you compare these bikes? Like one's Enduro, one's Downhill, but i guess aggressive Enduro is what its built for, so maybe it has comparable downhill qualities? Sorry, not sure if it fits this threads tbh
Ik a guy that road the new aurum and is now on the range and loves it! Says it rides the steep and rough stuff great especially now they have up the travel to 170mm

O+
Posted: Nov 13, 2015 at 22:55 Quote
hey does anyone have a good base tune for a fox rc4, running a 2014 norco aurum

Posted: Nov 14, 2015 at 3:47 Quote
Jacob001 wrote:
SmashedFungi wrote:
Ik a guy that road the new aurum and is now on the range and loves it! Says it rides the steep and rough stuff great especially now they have up the travel to 170mm
Thx!

O+
Posted: Nov 15, 2015 at 10:50 Quote
Don't want to spam, but for anyone that's interested in a bargain, especially with the current USD CAD exchange rate...

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1880643/

photo
3500 CAD...

Regarding the long chainstay discussion, just my two cents: I felt that the 445mm length didn't really hinder the bike, it corners super well and is very stable, but once again the true nature of this bike is revealed when going FAST. It isn't as agile as a 26" demo, but loads more stable. If I didn't know the geo I would've guessed that the CS length was about 435mm. For somedy that rides more over the front of the bike and likes to really tranfer their weight to the back while pumping berms and transitions to gain speed, this bike truly shines.

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 20:10 Quote
Got this puppy a couple weeks ago. Nothing really special about it. Boxxer WC and new guide/bash guard. Plan to change out the guides and throw on some shimano zees. Best bike i have ever been on.
if anyone else is as meticulous as i am and likes to keep their bike in great shape... i made some guards that are on the seat tube right behind the shock. protects the paint from rocks / mud being thrown off the rear wheel. already have some good dents and cuts in the guards, so i know they are doing the job. lol. if anyone is interested in how i made them let me know. its quite simple, cheap, and practically weightless.
photo

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 20:33 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Got this puppy a couple weeks ago. Nothing really special about it. Boxxer WC and new guide/bash guard. Plan to change out the guides and throw on some shimano zees. Best bike i have ever been on.
if anyone else is as meticulous as i am and likes to keep their bike in great shape... i made some guards that are on the seat tube right behind the shock. protects the paint from rocks / mud being thrown off the rear wheel. already have some good dents and cuts in the guards, so i know they are doing the job. lol. if anyone is interested in how i made them let me know. its quite simple, cheap, and practically weightless.
photo
could u post a close up pic

Posted: Nov 24, 2015 at 21:26 Quote
Jacob001 wrote:
patch92 wrote:
photo
could u post a close up pic

Looks good, i use 3m clear paint protectant film 2mm thick, and is used in the mining industry.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 5:08 Quote
photo
[/Quote] could u post a close up pic[/Quote]
close up pic of the guards?

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 5:23 Quote
Ive used 3m before. but i always have trouble putting it on. it gets dirty underneath for me. so i made these.
went to walmart and picked up a pack of cutting mats in the home goods department. pack of 3 for like $1.50. they come in all different colors to match your bike.
cut them to the right size / dimensions, used a paper whole puncher to make holes in the guards, zip tied them onto the bike. the downtube protector can be cut to reach the screws holding the shuttle guards so it doesn't slide at all.
all together, about $4. as you can see in the pictures, one of them is already dented and scratched up, which means its doing its job Smile also made a marsh guard fender. i can provide the link for a printable PDF that has an outline drawn up for the marsh guard.
some may say it looks ghetto... but ill take a slightly ghetto looking bike to keep it on good shape.
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 7:26 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Ive used 3m before. but i always have trouble putting it on. it gets dirty underneath for me. so i made these.
went to walmart and picked up a pack of cutting mats in the home goods department. pack of 3 for like $1.50. they come in all different colors to match your bike.
cut them to the right size / dimensions, used a paper whole puncher to make holes in the guards, zip tied them onto the bike. the downtube protector can be cut to reach the screws holding the shuttle guards so it doesn't slide at all.
all together, about $4. as you can see in the pictures, one of them is already dented and scratched up, which means its doing its job Smile also made a marsh guard fender. i can provide the link for a printable PDF that has an outline drawn up for the marsh guard.
some may say it looks ghetto... but ill take a slightly ghetto looking bike to keep it on good shape.
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

looks sick man. could you tell me where you get those Velcro pads.

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 7:30 Quote
looks sick man. could you tell me where you get those Velcro pads.[/Quote]

walmart i think. Its just sticky back velcro. a long .5 inch strip of it. i cut it to fit certain spots on my bike (chain stays, cable rub spots, under the bottom bracket, basically anywhere that gets rubbed or scratched up)

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 19:43 Quote
Hi i'm looking into the 2015 aurum for my next bike and I was wondering howhat quiet the new frames are. Does the stock chain stay protector do a good job of keeping chain noise down? Also what size is the shock, 9.5x3.0?

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 at 21:13 Quote
EnduroFan84 wrote:
Hi i'm looking into the 2015 aurum for my next bike and I was wondering howhat quiet the new frames are. Does the stock chain stay protector do a good job of keeping chain noise down? Also what size is the shock, 9.5x3.0?

Not too bad, and yes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022458
Mobile Version of Website