Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 0:47 Quote
I think my aurum is fixed. Still got the same rear bolt, gonna use it for morzine then maybe buy another one.

The problem with me was I wasn't running enough spacers on my steerer so there was play back and forth, a small amount which has now been fixed and runs nicely. I also got a wrench and tightened the bolt for the shock pretty tight and haven't had a problem since. Got new brakes coming, thinking v4 vented rotors, Sadly the tech DH wheels aren't in and I need a new set of wheels so I got tech enduro and I reckon if I need to I can get the DH rims after. Got blue hubs, getting blue brakes and rotors, probably a blue chain after I wear the gold bling, and grips, gonna look dope haha. Seriously though really happy with the norco Atm, I don't know if anyone else has the setup but wc forks and a vivid r2c with m/l tune works for me. Cheers

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 8:07 Quote
hello guys , i have a 2013 norco aurum 1 dorado
i want to know if is possible to put wheels 27.5" on my bike

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 9:55 Quote
Joaoantoniod wrote:

No, look at the rear, there isn't enough clearance to even start thinking about doing that.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 12:10 Quote
lazarescu wrote:
Joaoantoniod wrote:

No, look at the rear, there isn't enough clearance to even start thinking about doing that.
I think its possible with 2.2x27.5 tires

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 13:10 Quote
Joaoantoniod wrote:
lazarescu wrote:
Joaoantoniod wrote:

Hrm, but wouldn't it be pointless as you'd have pretty much no increase in overall diameter, at the expense of smaller tires.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 13:12 Quote
Joaoantoniod wrote:
lazarescu wrote:
Joaoantoniod wrote:

Dont bother, that bike was designed to work very well with 26", adding 27.5' to it wont make it better. the 27.5 aurum, is designed to maximize the 27.5 wheel, they are 2 very different bikes, from a design perspective.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 13:29 Quote
goytay wrote:
Dont bother, that bike was designed to work very well with 26", adding 27.5' to it wont make it better. the 27.5 aurum, is designed to maximize the 27.5 wheel, they are 2 very different bikes, from a design perspective.

What this man said.

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 10:15 Quote
patch92 wrote:
Hey fellow aurum owners. So I have a 450lb rear coil. I find that I have to put a lot of pre load on it to not top out when I lift the rear tire up. But when I do that my sag is only at like 10%. I back off the preload to get sag back where I want it and it tops out bad. As in when the bike is sitting I can lift on the seat a bit and the shock knocks. Is that a bad thing? Should I just ignore the slight top out and keep sag in check, or keep the pre load and sacrifice my sag so I don't top out?
What shock is it? Vivids do that.. I've pretty much dialled that out on mine now but after a lot of playing.

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 12:04 Quote
lukachadwick wrote:
patch92 wrote:
Hey fellow aurum owners. So I have a 450lb rear coil. I find that I have to put a lot of pre load on it to not top out when I lift the rear tire up. But when I do that my sag is only at like 10%. I back off the preload to get sag back where I want it and it tops out bad. As in when the bike is sitting I can lift on the seat a bit and the shock knocks. Is that a bad thing? Should I just ignore the slight top out and keep sag in check, or keep the pre load and sacrifice my sag so I don't top out?
What shock is it? Vivids do that.. I've pretty much dialled that out on mine now but after a lot of playing.

yeah its a vivid Madder

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 12:54 Quote
is this a vivid r2c? mine doesnt do that i think it may need tightening. sometimes the play comes back after some thrashing on it but then i will try it later and it will be fine

in the process of trying to order a bolt for the aurum. evanscycles are a joke. called up 10+ times. first guy waited a week for info from him, nothing. thought 2015 and 2013 models are the same.
second guy told me he would have info for me in the afternoon. never heard back from him.
3rd guy also had no idea what he was on about, thought i was talking about the headset. they all referred to the warranty department, and i finally got there. was then told i cant talk, only email. still waiting but apparently they are fast, emailed thursday. half the time no one picked up the phone, and the last guy was busy for about 2 hours, finally was told he said i needed warranty department.

Honestly, i wouldn't buy an aurum again, just for the fact evanscycles is the distributor. Its a joke, they are so bad. makes warranties and parts so painful to get, not worth the hassle, shame cos the bike is nice, but i would rather just go to norco direct

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 14:38 Quote
Anyone know where I could get one of these? Its the mounting bolt for the top of the shock, very slightly worn but causing a decent bit of play in the suspension.

Cheers

photo

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 20:46 Quote
EoinC wrote:
Anyone know where I could get one of these? Its the mounting bolt for the top of the shock, very slightly worn but causing a decent bit of play in the suspension.

Cheers

photo

Fox has a 5 piece kit that will fit, ask your LBS

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 1:29 Quote
[Quote="goytay"]
EoinC wrote:

Cheers

Would you have a serial number for the kit no? Lbs would be a waste of time

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 6:53 Quote
[Quote="EoinC"]
goytay wrote:
EoinC wrote:

Cheers

I do, I'll get back to you later today.

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 15:18 Quote
[Quote="goytay"]
EoinC wrote:
goytay wrote:

I do, I'll get back to you later today.

Cheers mate

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018447
Mobile Version of Website