You need a new free hub body.

okay. so one that matches my cassette. thanks. sorry for the noob question

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2016 at 17:06 Quote
patch92 wrote:
cjwanner wrote:

Yep so the sram X01DH uses a freehub called the XD driver. Only cassettes designed for it will fit.

You'll need to get a dt swiss shimano freehub for your hub to swap over to that new cassette.

photo

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 6:19 Quote
spudlord wrote:
patch92 wrote:
cjwanner wrote:

Yep so the sram X01DH uses a freehub called the XD driver. Only cassettes designed for it will fit.

You'll need to get a dt swiss shimano freehub for your hub to swap over to that new cassette.

photo

thanks for the help. so i have a dtswiss 350 ratchet style hub. and i am wanting to put in a shimano tiagra 10sp cassette. Im pretty sure this will work, but can you look it over and make sure ill be good before i drop the cash?

http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-DTS24FHBS.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwydK_BRDK34GenvLB61YSJACZ8da3eOeWJ01qavxuoL46QAN_3ORbSyrISKH15tCSk8upjRoCbfDw_wcB

and then i just pull off the old free hub, mount the new one, and the cassette should work fine? are there any other adapters, spacers, or anything else i need to get? and i assume the top cap i have with the cassette will screw onto the new free hub, locking it all down right?

O+
Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 8:37 Quote
patch92 wrote:
spudlord wrote:
patch92 wrote:

photo

thanks for the help. so i have a dtswiss 350 ratchet style hub. and i am wanting to put in a shimano tiagra 10sp cassette. Im pretty sure this will work, but can you look it over and make sure ill be good before i drop the cash?

http://www.artscyclery.com/descpage-DTS24FHBS.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwydK_BRDK34GenvLB61YSJACZ8da3eOeWJ01qavxuoL46QAN_3ORbSyrISKH15tCSk8upjRoCbfDw_wcB

and then i just pull off the old free hub, mount the new one, and the cassette should work fine? are there any other adapters, spacers, or anything else i need to get? and i assume the top cap i have with the cassette will screw onto the new free hub, locking it all down right?

Yep that's it, just pull the current one off, slide that one on and cassette on and that should be it.

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 9:01 Quote
spudlord wrote:
patch92 wrote:
spudlord wrote:

photo

Yep that's it, just pull the current one off, slide that one on and cassette on and that should be it.

thanks bro

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 0:36 Quote
Hi all, i tried finding the answer but poor luck,
i have an norco aurum 2, and i have a bolt loose .
it has a lot of play in it. its the shock rocker bolt, the one sided one.
i hope you all understand what im talking about, because as i found out its a common thing.
so , my question is, where can i buy that bolt, i read somewhere there is an black better than gray bolt...?

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 3:05 Quote
I ordered one off of Evans cycles, it's not come yet. Cost like 20 quid, I needed it due to the amount of wear on my other

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
Question on the carbon Aurum, I find that I have to crank the seat post bolt pretty tight or else my seat post will slide down or move side to side with moderate forces (i.e. normal riding). Will carbon paste fix this? Seat post is Race Face SixC carbon... and yeah, I really should get a torque wrench.

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 11:10 Quote
gramboh wrote:
Question on the carbon Aurum, I find that I have to crank the seat post bolt pretty tight or else my seat post will slide down or move side to side with moderate forces (i.e. normal riding). Will carbon paste fix this? Seat post is Race Face SixC carbon... and yeah, I really should get a torque wrench.

Yep get some paste.and that wrench.

Posted: Oct 11, 2016 at 19:18 Quote
gramboh wrote:

gotta use the paste and get the torque wrench - over torquing carbon is bad mojo - you hear the cracky cracky and you're done!

Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 7:00 Quote
time of year to replace headset bearings... first time changing on my carbon '15.
its a cane creek 40 series, the top bearing is 41mm... i can't read the number on my bottom bearing. Im assuming its 52mm... thats the only size jenson carries in the 40 series. am i correct on 52mm bottom bearing? thanks y'all.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 12:19 Quote
bigredride wrote:
gramboh wrote:

gotta use the paste and get the torque wrench - over torquing carbon is bad mojo - you hear the cracky cracky and you're done!

Does anyone have a tech sheet with all the torque specs for the Aurum Carbon? The PDF pages posted earlier in this thread have torque for the suspension pivots and rear axle, but the seat post collar is not included.

I will order a torque wrench(s) but want to sort out all the specs on the bike first to make sure I have enough range (might need two wrenches it seems to get down to 10nM and below).

Thx

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 16:02 Quote
gramboh wrote:
bigredride wrote:
gramboh wrote:

Does anyone have a tech sheet with all the torque specs for the Aurum Carbon? The PDF pages posted earlier in this thread have torque for the suspension pivots and rear axle, but the seat post collar is not included.

I will order a torque wrench(s) but want to sort out all the specs on the bike first to make sure I have enough range (might need two wrenches it seems to get down to 10nM and below).

Thx

Rule of thumb for carbon seatposts is 6nm absolute max, 5Nm if you can get away with it and plenty of carbon paste.

O+
Posted: Oct 12, 2016 at 23:18 Quote
Just got the new Fox DHX2 for my aurum (carbon). Any other carbon aurum owners out there running the DHX2 that would like to share their settings? Currently have it set at the recommended default for 300lb setting but haven't had chance to ride it. May not be able to get it proper dialed in till bike park season next spring. I want to see what others are running at with their dhx2

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 at 10:54 Quote
oli99 wrote:
I ordered one off of Evans cycles, it's not come yet. Cost like 20 quid, I needed it due to the amount of wear on my other

In also bought one at evanscycles (c7.1). Even drove all the way fron the Netherlands to the UK to pick it up. The one in the store had scratches on the handlebar and rear triangle. So did not take it (they offered me 100 pounds, but can not even buy a new sixc handlebar for 100 pounds). They should send me another one, New one, with no damage. But it was horribly packed, so it's full of scratches and they only offer me 150 pound (on a 3085 pounds bike). It already costed me at least 100 pounds to drive to the uk.

We still havent found a solution. Ketting my money back will also cost me about 150 pound because of the currency rate (gbp>euro)
Hope you didnt order the c7.1 size medium, cuz there'll scratches on it...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013003
Mobile Version of Website