Deity Frame Owners!

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Deity Frame Owners!
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 17:59 Quote
CR ran his V2 with the recommended A2c (so his 36 at 70-80). now runs his V3 up at 100 because hes enjoying his sweet warranty on his pike. figures he'll mod it to go lower once warranty is up.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 20:13 Quote
Thanks for the info guys! I currently have a circus expert on my PBJ and planned on lowering it to put on a V2 sweeper but ended up getting a V3 and don't want to run a reducer crown. Not to mention the black frame is sick and I love the look of running a black on black fork. Any recommendations for a tapered fork for this beast?

Posted: Nov 19, 2016 at 21:59 Quote
NorthCoastZack wrote:
Thanks for the info guys! I currently have a circus expert on my PBJ and planned on lowering it to put on a V2 sweeper but ended up getting a V3 and don't want to run a reducer crown. Not to mention the black frame is sick and I love the look of CRs black on black. Any recommendations for a tapered fork for this beast?

I think manitou makes a tapered circus now. If I'm correct, I'd get that. I've been less than impressed with the pike dj, and the 831 is stupid expensive (however it feels amazing)

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 9:49 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
NorthCoastZack wrote:
Thanks for the info guys! I currently have a circus expert on my PBJ and planned on lowering it to put on a V2 sweeper but ended up getting a V3 and don't want to run a reducer crown. Not to mention the black frame is sick and I love the look of CRs black on black. Any recommendations for a tapered fork for this beast?

I think manitou makes a tapered circus now. If I'm correct, I'd get that. I've been less than impressed with the pike dj, and the 831 is stupid expensive (however it feels amazing)
What about the Pike DJ do you not like? I think it is a fantastic fork and would run it any day over a Circus.

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 10:38 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
NorthCoastZack wrote:

What about the Pike DJ do you not like? I think it is a fantastic fork and would run it any day over a Circus.

Guessing because it's flexes like a wet noodle?

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 10:38 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
NorthCoastZack wrote:

Mine has been pretty decent but all of my friends have had tons of issues with them, bending steerer tubes, blowing dampers, rebound not working properly, and making terrible noises. Imo Just overall they're not worth the extra price Compared to a circus.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 11:17 Quote
TheDownhillDude wrote:
brightbmx wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:

Mine has been pretty decent but all of my friends have had tons of issues with them, bending steerer tubes, blowing dampers, rebound not working properly, and making terrible noises. Imo Just overall they're not worth the extra price Compared to a circus.
Huh, I must have just gotten lucky with mine then!!!

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 11:34 Quote
Zero issues with my Pike DJ so far.
And I'm fat.

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 at 11:45 Quote
brightbmx wrote:
TheDownhillDude wrote:
brightbmx wrote:

Huh, I must have just gotten lucky with mine then!!!

The problems were mostly with the 2015 model. Mine is a 16 and like I said I've had no real issues.

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 2:43 Quote
speshiz wrote:
Little brake fluid & pipe cutter applied to seat post Eek
photo
photo
How much travel?

Posted: Nov 25, 2016 at 2:43 Quote
crs-one wrote:
The new whip! Feels the exact same as before (so perfect), just looks a bit cleaner.

photo
photo
How much travel?

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 12:00 Quote
Hey everyone I picked up a 2013 streetsweeper v2 frame as a winter project..cant wait to get it built up. Do you guys have any recommendations for wheelsets?

Posted: Nov 28, 2016 at 12:24 Quote
alex3800 wrote:
Hey everyone I picked up a 2013 streetsweeper v2 frame as a winter project..cant wait to get it built up. Do you guys have any recommendations for wheelsets?

No, but I found getting the chainline right quite tricky. So it's worth thinking about what cranks, hub and chainring you plan on running.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016942
Mobile Version of Website