The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 10:20 Quote
Guys aren't losing your mind over this? https://www.pinkbike.com/news/kona-honzo-cr-trail-dl-review-2016.html

Kona Honzo CR Photo by James Lissimore

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 10:24 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Guys aren't losing your mind over this? https://www.pinkbike.com/news/kona-honzo-cr-trail-dl-review-2016.html

Kona, no + tyres and 120mm fork.. No thank you..

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 10:29 Quote
ColinD wrote:

Kona, no + tyres and 120mm fork.. No thank you..

Sounds good to me.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 11:04 Quote
JesseE wrote:

Not a fan of the headtube area...but gives huge fork clearance I suppose

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 11:20 Quote
It could've did it much more gracefully

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 11:21 Quote
dragonaut wrote:
It could've did it much more gracefully

Hell, I think it's pretty cool. But yeah, Boost and no 27+ seems lame. The EPO frame ain't boost and it does it all. Carbon should allow for wacky frame designs, I would think.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 12:32 Quote
Almost perfect but no + size tires Thumbs Down

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 12:58 Quote
stefanroussev wrote:
I wouldnt be suprised if this is in the works. They're definitely doing an Alu 27+ honzo.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 13:02 Quote
Buggyr333 wrote:
stefanroussev wrote:
I wouldnt be suprised if this is in the works. They're definitely doing an Alu 27+ honzo.

I think they already did one.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 13:03 Quote
dragonaut wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
stefanroussev wrote:

Big Honzo

http://www.bikerumor.com/2016/04/27/soc16-kona-gives-a-sneak-peek-at-2017-bikes-including-carbon-hei-hei-dl-big-honzo-and-kahuna-more/

If they don't do a 27+ compatible Unit I'll be really surprised.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 14:19 Quote
jeez if they stated it had plus clearance/compatibility would it be considered sexy only then??

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 14:22 Quote
I'm just bummed that the Honzo CR can't fit 29x2.5. To me, any aggressive hardtail needs to fit the biggest "normal" tire available at the very least.

The Honzo CR seems like an aggressive XC/TR hardtail to me, not like the more AM oriented steel Honzo.

O+
Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 14:34 Quote
PHeller wrote:
I'm just bummed that the Honzo CR can't fit 29x2.5. To me, any aggressive hardtail needs to fit the biggest "normal" tire available at the very least.

The Honzo CR seems like an aggressive XC/TR hardtail to me, not like the more AM oriented steel Honzo.

I still find it attractive visually, just wouldn't buy it with boost and regular clearance.

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 16:17 Quote
a-d-e wrote:
jeez if they stated it had plus clearance/compatibility would it be considered sexy only then??

Very sexy just not attractive, if that makes any sense. Like a pretty girl but doesn't know how to ride. Eehaaa Wink

Posted: Jun 17, 2016 at 16:24 Quote
dragonaut wrote:
Buggyr333 wrote:
stefanroussev wrote:

They did but it is not released officially yet. Hence in the works.

I don't see why ya'll are being so picky about it, there are plenty of "sexy" hardtails that don't have clearance for more than 2.4" tires in back (any stantons before this year, NS eccentric, just to name a couple) Doesn't mean it's not an aggressive AM hardtail. especially since the Honzo CR has all the same angles as the other honzos, with even longer reach. I wouldn't classify it as an XC/Trail bike simply because it can't fit larger than a 2.4" tire.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.041758
Mobile Version of Website