Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:43 Quote
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
superbikes wrote:
it says GS on the box . Good job you know your stuff I had no idea
ps do you think chain lengh looks ok from my pic ? It does pull forward when travel is at full but it's all clear nothing hitting anything .

If anything it could still be a little long. Two links is three pins. It's hard to tell without actually seeing the bike.

And with your shock, is it just bottoming out too easily? If so then that's quite common. It means you're either not running enough air pressure, the compression tune is wrong or the air volume is too much. Try upping the pressure a little and if that works but the ride is too harsh then play about with a volume reduction kit. It means the shock becomes more progressive so resists bottoming better plus it helps the bike to sit up in its travel a bit more. Grease or bits of tube can be used but I prefer to use the proper kits, they're not that expensive really.
thanks matey ill post a pic of full compressing see what you think then . I think you maybe right needs links took out .. As for my shock I've forgot I had it tuned way back last year for me when I was 15stone and I'm now 11stone so would be wize to have a retune I think . On the chain side of things I'll never use full travel going up becouse I had my shocks firmer setting set up as allmost a lock so only gos down by its sag .. Hope that makes sense . Thanks

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:49 Quote
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
ps do you think chain lengh looks ok from my pic ? It does pull forward when travel is at full but it's all clear nothing hitting anything .

If anything it could still be a little long. Two links is three pins. It's hard to tell without actually seeing the bike.

And with your shock, is it just bottoming out too easily? If so then that's quite common. It means you're either not running enough air pressure, the compression tune is wrong or the air volume is too much. Try upping the pressure a little and if that works but the ride is too harsh then play about with a volume reduction kit. It means the shock becomes more progressive so resists bottoming better plus it helps the bike to sit up in its travel a bit more. Grease or bits of tube can be used but I prefer to use the proper kits, they're not that expensive really.
thanks matey ill post a pic of full compressing see what you think then . I think you maybe right needs links took out .. As for my shock I've forgot I had it tuned way back last year for me when I was 15stone and I'm now 11stone so would be wize to have a retune I think . On the chain side of things I'll never use full travel going up becouse I had my shocks firmer setting set up as allmost a lock so only gos down by its sag .. Hope that makes sense . Thanks
chain growth at full compression
photo

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 8:50 Quote
superbikes wrote:
jamescarinduff wrote:
Got a CCDB with Ti spring on the way for my megaSmile cant waitSmile !!
yes I'm considering one of those with Ti spring aswell I've started doing bigger drops and the air shock is just not up to it

yeah same pal, well im used to a dh bike so im getting this for uplift days Smile ill let you know how it preformsSmile

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 9:18 Quote
superbikes wrote:
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:

photo

Looks about right to me but like I said it can be hard to tell without the bike in front if me.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:20 Quote
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
superbikes wrote:
photo

Looks about right to me but like I said it can be hard to tell without the bike in front if me.
your a star thank you. One last thing I've noticed the chain comes off the 40T when I back pedal the chain line is out . So I'm guessing that moveing my BB spacer from the drive side over to the none drive side should help but may not 100% solve this ??? As I have read other hope 40T users haveing this prob

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:31 Quote
What cranks have you got? Some can fine tune the chain line. You might find swapping the BB spacer over will make the chain line too extreme at the other end of the cassette.

I've found it can happen even with a 36t cog. It's not even consistent, sometimes it happens but sometimes it doesn't even though nothing has changed in the setup.

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 10:38 Quote
peter413 wrote:
What cranks have you got? Some can fine tune the chain line. You might find swapping the BB spacer over will make the chain line too extreme at the other end of the cassette.

I've found it can happen even with a 36t cog. It's not even consistent, sometimes it happens but sometimes it doesn't even though nothing has changed in the setup.
X0 sram carbon cranks GXP with hope BB so as far as I know not a lot of chice with adjustment other than moveing that spacer. It's spot on in the 36t I can spin the cranks no probs .thanks

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 13:24 Quote
superbikes wrote:
superbikes wrote:
Up and running sweeeet thanks for the help
Works sweeeet now
ps I did order a size M cage mech but this looks like size Long ? No size on the box
there's not much difference between Shimano medium and long cages

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 at 14:49 Quote
because they call them long and super long while we call them medium and long Wink

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 5:13 Quote
jamescarinduff wrote:
Got a CCDB with Ti spring on the way for my megaSmile cant waitSmile !!

Really like my ccdb on my mega... ti spring is next on the shopping list

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 5:45 Quote
gents - quick question...theres a ridiculously good priced mega 275 pro (new) going at a bike shop locally, its a large and i am 5"8/9 would this be too big for me?

ive read the specs and i know in theory i should be a medium...but anyone running the same sizes as above?
thanks

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 6:28 Quote
Petem86 wrote:
gents - quick question...theres a ridiculously good priced mega 275 pro (new) going at a bike shop locally, its a large and i am 5"8/9 would this be too big for me?

ive read the specs and i know in theory i should be a medium...but anyone running the same sizes as above?
thanks

I own a mega am 26" I'm 5' 9/10" and have a large frame it feels about right and is great for just general riding, really good on descents very stable in corners and just likes to go fast but at the same time it's still not too long for the tight stuff and works good even on dh trails.
The reach is almost identical to the 275 size large for both TR and AM. Right now I'm running a 35mm stem just because I had one lying around but I'd happily run a 50mm stem. Also I found with the large, having high rise bars really helped with making the bigger frame more agile.

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 7:50 Quote
thanks for that - ive been reliably informed (nukeproof employee) that the large might be a bit big, but i guess ill not know until i go check it out. Just dont want to go spunk a load of money on a bike that i wouldnt be comfortable on!

Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 8:49 Quote
Hey, im 5'11 and ride a large and its perfect. If you had a short stem i would say it would be great for you!

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2014 at 8:53 Quote
jamescarinduff wrote:
Hey, im 5'11 and ride a large and its perfect. If you had a short stem i would say it would be great for you!

5'10 here on a medium with 50mm stem and it doesn't feel too small by any means, would be happy on a large but I think the large may be pushing it for you.

Anyway you can read as much as you want online but go have a sit on it and see what you think.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020186
Mobile Version of Website