Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 12:47 Quote
Hi guys looking for some help please.

Im looking for a direct mount deraileur for my mega tr 2013. I'm running 22/38 Slx crank 2013. I have noticed that some DMD don't drop low enough to change the gear. Can you guys let me know what you run or any suggestions? I'm gonna be running xt shifters and rear derailleur.

Thanks
Ben

Posted: Aug 27, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
superbikes wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
It's getting a make over today,put the monarch back on for general riding,save the CCDB for uplifts etc,narrow/wide chainring ring on.Doesnt feel has heavy as it apparently is,that's what's baffling me.Did ardrock in less than 4hrs on it,and I'm not even that fit.I am looking for some air forks at moment,so hopefully get it down to a reasonable weight
my mates AM is about the same kind of build he's was the same waight as yours with coil totoms TANK TANK ha ha . I had the AM at that time but much lighter we both hit a DH track and mine was so skittish in corners but he's was so much more planted for grip . So if you can find a middle ground light is good but not to light
to be honest the weight doesn't really bother me,was just abit taken back by the weight on the scales,still faster up and down than my riding mate on his Trek remedy,but think its time for new forks anyway.What this space.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:05 Quote
Slimmed down Mega AM
Before
photo
After
photo

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:05 Quote
Any noticable weight loss?

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
2lbs,just the scales still read 37lbs,but there's no way it ways that now,

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:08 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Slimmed down Mega AM
Before
photo
After
photo
looks much better . Where did you get the shock ?

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:10 Quote
superbikes wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Slimmed down Mega AM
Before
photo
After
photo
looks much better . Where did you get the shock ?
sram sent it as a warranty replacement for the old on that had to be rebuilt twice

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:54 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Honestly I still don't think 37lbs is unreasonable for that build. My TR weighs a little over 30lbs with the new dropper and by the looks of it pretty much everything is lighter on mine. To loose weight off a bike you have to look at all of the components, especially the little ones as they are often overlooked but a few grammes here and a few grammes there can add up quite quickly.

For example I saved 30g switching my seat clamp, 40g switching my Holzfeller stem for a Funnduro and about 60g switching my Rogue grips for some ESI's. I also saved over 100g switching to some Ashima rotor's instead of the RT76's. That's about half a pound there already on things most people wouldn't even think about looking at for trying to save a significant amount of weight and it was all done for under £100 (£10 for the seat clamp, £35 for the stem, £15 for the grips and £30 for the rotors).

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Monarch Plus. That or a DBinline is a possibility to eventually replace the RP23.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 12:59 Quote
peter413 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Honestly I still don't think 37lbs is unreasonable for that build. My TR weighs a little over 30lbs with the new dropper and by the looks of it pretty much everything is lighter on mine. To loose weight off a bike you have to look at all of the components, especially the little ones as they are often overlooked but a few grammes here and a few grammes there can add up quite quickly.

For example I saved 30g switching my seat clamp, 40g switching my Holzfeller stem for a Funnduro and about 60g switching my Rogue grips for some ESI's. I also saved over 100g switching to some Ashima rotor's instead of the RT76's. That's about half a pound there already on things most people wouldn't even think about looking at for trying to save a significant amount of weight and it was all done for under £100 (£10 for the seat clamp, £35 for the stem, £15 for the grips and £30 for the rotors).
I'd wouldn't go that far to reduce weight to be honest,like I'd never swap the saint crank 751g,500g could just be the amount of water I'm carrying,think if I you start getting that finite about weight,insanity is beckoning

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 13:03 Quote
peter413 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

I'd be interested to hear how you get on with the Monarch Plus. That or a DBinline is a possibility to eventually replace the RP23.
the new monarch plus(rapid response) seems far better than the older 2014 model,which I thought was crap,not only in feel,but in reliability,but neither are a patch on the CCDB,just lighter,may put the CCDB back on yet

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 13:07 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
peter413 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:

I'd wouldn't go that far to reduce weight to be honest,like I'd never swap the saint crank 751g,500g could just be the amount of water I'm carrying,think if I you start getting that finite about weight,insanity is beckoning

Wasn't saying you should do it but was more pointing out that if you don't keep an eye on literally everything then the weight can quickly creep up. The guy I ride with most is a bit of a weight weenie and I think some of it has started to rub off on me.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 13:11 Quote
peter413 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
peter413 wrote:

yeh I know what you mean,I always end up creating a monster,kind of want a DH bike I can pedal up hills really,and the new bikes are nearly there now

Wasn't saying you should do it but was more pointing out that if you don't keep an eye on literally everything then the weight can quickly creep up. The guy I ride with most is a bit of a weight weenie and I think some of it has started to rub off on me.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 13:32 Quote
Right guys I was going to post this in a new post but I've allways had usefull info from this page . Sorry not NP related but kinda is as I ride the TR . so I'm running tubeless just what is it that courses the rear tire to BERP ? Is it crap sidewalls/weak sidewalls ? I get it really bad on the rear . Cheers lads

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 13:57 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Right guys I was going to post this in a new post but I've allways had usefull info from this page . Sorry not NP related but kinda is as I ride the TR . so I'm running tubeless just what is it that courses the rear tire to BERP ? Is it crap sidewalls/weak sidewalls ? I get it really bad on the rear . Cheers lads

What rims and tyres? It can be any number of things from rad cornering to bad tyre to bad rim to just plain bad luck.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
peter413 wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Honestly I still don't think 37lbs is unreasonable for that build.

I don't think it would be as much as 37 for the top one, maybe if you were running DH tubes...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020202
Mobile Version of Website