Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:07 Quote
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
Right guys I was going to post this in a new post but I've allways had usefull info from this page . Sorry not NP related but kinda is as I ride the TR . so I'm running tubeless just what is it that courses the rear tire to BERP ? Is it crap sidewalls/weak sidewalls ? I get it really bad on the rear . Cheers lads

What rims and tyres? It can be any number of things from rad cornering to bad tyre to bad rim to just plain bad luck.
NOBBY NIC on mavic ENDURO yellow tubeless ust rims . The tire is tubeless ust aswell . I had the mavic SX last year with NOBBY NICS no burping they was bang on . A little confused why on pretty much the same rim I get burping . I landed a little sideways rear end as I tend to whip table when I hope jump stuff

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:09 Quote
What pressure do you run it at?

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:14 Quote
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
Right guys I was going to post this in a new post but I've allways had usefull info from this page . Sorry not NP related but kinda is as I ride the TR . so I'm running tubeless just what is it that courses the rear tire to BERP ? Is it crap sidewalls/weak sidewalls ? I get it really bad on the rear . Cheers lads

What rims and tyres? It can be any number of things from rad cornering to bad tyre to bad rim to just plain bad luck.
NOBBY NIC on mavic ENDURO yellow tubeless ust rims . The tire is tubeless ust aswell . I had the mavic SX last year with NOBBY NICS no burping they was bang on . A little confused why on pretty much the same rim I get burping . I landed a little sideways rear end as I tend to whip table when I hope jump stuff

Those rims are only 19mm in width aren't they? That could be your issue and if you weren't having issues with the same tyres but different rims then that would suggest the problem is with the rim assuming everything else is the same.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:15 Quote
What size is the tyre?

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:27 Quote
dingus wrote:
What size is the tyre?

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 14:29 Quote
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:

Those rims are only 19mm in width aren't they? That could be your issue and if you weren't having issues with the same tyres but different rims then that would suggest the problem is with the rim assuming everything else is the same.
yes 19mm just had the tire on a ZTR arch rim I think that was 19 aswell not one burp . So yes sounds like it's rim

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 19:02 Quote
peter413 wrote:
armageddonactionsports wrote:
Anyone had any issues with a Nukeproof Saddle?

Mines been fine for a few years now. What issues are you having?

As with any saddle not everyone finds them comfortable but I quite like it, it's a good compromise of weight, comfort, price and strength for me.

I like mine, no issues comfort, or noise wise, problem is the rails collapsed on me! First time I have ever had a seat do this in all my years of riding, never even had an issue racing DH back in the 90's like this!

Collapsed seat rails.
Collapsed seat rails.

Posted: Aug 28, 2014 at 23:07 Quote
peter413 wrote:

As with any saddle not everyone finds them comfortable but I quite like it, it's a good compromise of weight, comfort, price and strength for me.

I like mine, no issues comfort, or noise wise, problem is the rails collapsed on me! First time I have ever had a seat do this in all my years of riding, never even had an issue racing DH back in the 90's like this!

Collapsed seat rails.
Collapsed seat rails.
That has happened to me two times in the past year with sdg seats

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 2:28 Quote
peter413 wrote:

Collapsed seat rails.
Collapsed seat rails.

Might just be bad luck, things break sometimes. Couldn't hurt to try for warranty though. If you're polite you're more likely to get somewhere and they might even offer you a discount on a new one if they won't replace it and you're lucky.

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 5:59 Quote
A Charge spoon will sort that lol

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 8:35 Quote
peter413 wrote:
peter413 wrote:

Collapsed seat rails.
Collapsed seat rails.

Might just be bad luck, things break sometimes. Couldn't hurt to try for warranty though. If you're polite you're more likely to get somewhere and they might even offer you a discount on a new one if they won't replace it and you're lucky.

Yeah have already spoken with the guys about Warranty, no joy though, have offered a half price replacement though.

Thanks for all the feedback, only asking as if it seemed to be a common thing I was thinking of changing brands.

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 9:13 Quote
Quoting with images is the online equivalent of not flushing after a big crap...

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 11:59 Quote
Is there any noticeable differences between a mega AM 26 and a 27.5? I have the 26" but i might be getting the 27.5 soon

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 12:00 Quote
adriannorthshore wrote:
Is there any noticeable differences between a mega AM 26 and a 27.5? I have the 26" but i might be getting the 27.5 soon
this should be an interesting debate!

Posted: Aug 29, 2014 at 13:31 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
adriannorthshore wrote:
this should be an interesting debate!

Mine will be up for sale soon only a few months old - pm me if you want to chat.

FRAME / NUKEPROOF MEGA AM 275 ( NEW APRIL 2014 )
SHOCK / CANE CREEK DOUBLE BAREL 450LBS SPRING ( NEW JULY 2014 )
FORK / ROCKSHOCK RTC3 PIKES 160MM
HEADSET / NUKEPROOF WAREHEAD
STEM / NUKEPROOF WAREHEAD 60MM
BAR / NUKEPROOF 31.8MM 760MM WAREHEAD
GRIPS / LIZARDSKIND PEATY SIGNATURE GRIPS BLACK
BRAKES / SHIMANO ZEE FRONT 200MM ICE TECH 180MM ICE TECH REAR
SHIFTERS / 1 X 10 SAINT
CHAINRING / 32T RACE FACE NARROW WIDE BLACK
REAR MECH / SHIMANO SAINT
BOTTOM BRACKET / SHIMANO SAINT
CRANKS / 170MM SHIMANO SAINT
CHAIN / KMC X10
CASSETTE / SHIMANO XT 11/36
WHEELS / NUKEPROOF GENERATOR
TIRES / MAXXIS High Roller II, 60 TPI, Super Tacky
SEATPOST / NUKEPROOF WAREHEAD
SADDLE / NUKEPROOF TI
PEDALS / SHIMANO SAINT
ACCESSORIES / CHAIN STAY TUBE WRAPPED, FIZIK POST GAURD, INVISI WRAPPED FRAME DOWNTUBE, JAGWIRE CABLES

Not sure why my pictures won't work ?
[IMG]http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy203/A2ON/P8248288_zpsa97a8e55.jpg[/IMG]

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015356
Mobile Version of Website