Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 9:36 Quote
Petem86 wrote:
What's the best way to remove the bushes at the rear triangle?
Just got my replacements from hotlines, to see if it sorts the creaking
yes this would be usefull for me aswell as I've got mine from hotlines aswell

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 13:04 Quote
I last did my shock bushings with a vice , soft jaws and a socket not sure if it will work with a rear triangle.

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 14:13 Quote
it's just not budging with traditional methods....arse

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 17:16 Quote
anyone tried to convert a mega am 2012 to 650b 27.5?Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Sep 13, 2014 at 22:08 Quote
Petem86 wrote:
it's just not budging with traditional methods....arse
take it to a good bike shop,let them do it,then if anything breaks,they'll have to sort it.Pouring boiling water on stuff like that sometimes works

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 0:39 Quote
EnduroFan wrote:
anyone tried to convert a mega am 2012 to 650b 27.5?Big Grin Big Grin

Lots of speculation years ago but no-one actually tried it. I think a Maxxis 2.5 would squeeze in barely, 2.35 should be fine, but it'll ride high and suck.

Try it, post back with results.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 1:13 Quote
Hi guys just wondering could you put a longer shock on the TR ? It uses a 190x51 but could you fit a 200x57 ? If so what would that change ? Cheers

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 1:14 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Hi guys just wondering could you put a longer shock on the TR ? It uses a 190x51 but could you fit a 200x57 ? If so what would that change ? Cheers
only a idea as I notice when I removed the shock it comes with that the frame opens up a little more

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 3:56 Quote
Higher bottom bracket, steeper head angle, steeper seat tube angle, slight increase in travel.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 4:08 Quote
dingus wrote:
Higher bottom bracket, steeper head angle, steeper seat tube angle, slight increase in travel.
mmmm I wonder if the 200x57 would fit ? I'm running 160 travel forks on the TF so could do with slightly steeper headtube like it would be if running 150 forks higher BB sounds good mmmm I'll email NP see what they say . Only reason I ask / thinking of doing this is my mate has a good deal on a DBAIR )

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 4:27 Quote
If you whip the shock out and pull the linkage back so the distance between the mounting holes is 200mm you'll be able to check if it will fit without the link hitting the frame.

NP will likely say no, and running a longer shock will no doubt void your warranty, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't work.

You could also fit offset mounting hardware to effectively lessen the i2i of the new shock. TFTuned offset hardware has a 1.5mm offset, so a pair would give you a 3mm offset, effectively making the shock 197mm x 57mm. That would slightly reduce the change in geometry caused by fitting the longer shock.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 4:51 Quote
dingus wrote:
If you whip the shock out and pull the linkage back so the distance between the mounting holes is 200mm you'll be able to check if it will fit without the link hitting the frame.

NP will likely say no, and running a longer shock will no doubt void your warranty, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it wouldn't work.

You could also fit offset mounting hardware to effectively lessen the i2i of the new shock. TFTuned offset hardware has a 1.5mm offset, so a pair would give you a 3mm offset, effectively making the shock 197mm x 57mm. That would slightly reduce the change in geometry caused by fitting the longer shock.
cheers for that . I'm thinking I'll have the shock tuned as it's a good deal off a mate at £200 hardly used . So thinking I'll ask TF to shorten the stroke from the 57 do the 50 that way I should get away with the eye to eye 200 without making to much of a impact on the geo . I'm going to check the eye to eye without the shock in now . I'll put a thin peace of plastic between the rear frame link and seatube stop it from hitting and that should give the true eye to eye if it's posible to fit 200 . Cheers

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 5:05 Quote
superbikes wrote:
dingus wrote:

cheers for that . I'm thinking I'll have the shock tuned as it's a good deal off a mate at £200 hardly used . So thinking I'll ask TF to shorten the stroke from the 57 do the 50 that way I should get away with the eye to eye 200 without making to much of a impact on the geo . I'm going to check the eye to eye without the shock in now . I'll put a thin peace of plastic between the rear frame link and seatube stop it from hitting and that should give the true eye to eye if it's posible to fit 200 . Cheers
scrap that idea 200 will not fit ( thanks for helping tho

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
If you're wanting the angle of a 150mm fork then why not use a 150mm fork? Sounds to me like you're willing to risk messing up the geometry of the whole bike just for a 0.5 degree head angle change. Plus the BB is already higher with the 160mm fork and the longer shock is only going to make it higher.

Personally I wouldn't do it. The geometry is great as it is and you're talking about changing it completely just to save yourself £100 or so.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 5:14 Quote
peter413 wrote:
If you're wanting the angle of a 150mm fork then why not use a 150mm fork? Sounds to me like you're willing to risk messing up the geometry of the whole bike just for a 0.5 degree head angle change. Plus the BB is already higher with the 160mm fork and the longer shock is only going to make it higher.

Personally I wouldn't do it. The geometry is great as it is and you're talking about changing it completely just to save yourself £100 or so.
yeah it would fit anyway but if it did you make a good point so no I wouldn't bother . I can not afford to get new forks and love my 160 pikes . Think I just simply have to start climbing with forks in pedal mode rather than full lock . It's not a huge problem and this shock thing was just a idea but thanks guys very helpfull as allways

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015372
Mobile Version of Website