Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 7:50 Quote
Haha, didn't think I'd be alone!

I actually have every spare part relating to the rear suspension saved in my CRC wishlist, I've just never had need to order them Big Grin

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 8:39 Quote
My 2014 mega am 275 has been squealing and creaking since day one. On the other hand my 4 year old canyon nerve am which has had a much harder life is dead silent and the bearings are spot on.

Just cheap rubbish bearings in the nuke, shouldnt happen on a bike i paid £3200 for. Defo shoulda got a yt or canyon! But the nuke's frame angles are amazing with a nice long top tube.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 9:07 Quote
Juggy1985 wrote:
My 2014 mega am 275 has been squealing and creaking since day one. On the other hand my 4 year old canyon nerve am which has had a much harder life is dead silent and the bearings are spot on.

Just cheap rubbish bearings in the nuke, shouldnt happen on a bike i paid £3200 for. Defo shoulda got a yt or canyon! But the nuke's frame angles are amazing with a nice long top tube.

I think you take a risk with any bike you buy, I had a yt but found one or 2 of the bearings hadn't been pressed in properly causing the seat stay and chainstay to be in contact at the pivot fortunately I spotted it and fixed the problem before any damage occurred and the bearings on it lasted 7-8 months same as most frames I've owned. My mega has been good other than the main pivot clunking due to wrong size bushes.

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 9:11 Quote
Juggy1985 wrote:
Defo shoulda got a yt or canyon! But the nuke's frame angles are amazing with a nice long top tube.

The Canyons and YTs have longer reach than Nukeproofs...

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 9:42 Quote
My Nukeproof Mega build has been pukker since day one. No problems whatsoever. Built with good components the bike can do anything. Shame I have to sell her

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1651416/

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 15:02 Quote
Hi,
Does anyone know of you can slot 27.5/650b wheels in a 2014 nukeproof scalp frame?
I know you can in the pulse if you out a shorter shock to lower the bb hight but was just wondering if you could do the same with yhe scalp and if you can what changes would you have to do to the bike to allow you to run 27.5/650b wheels?.

Cheers
Brad

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 at 22:11 Quote
dingus wrote:
The Canyons and YTs have longer reach than Nukeproofs...

When i was shopping for a bike i was eyeing up the canyon spectral in a medium as i had a medium canyon already and i thought the toptube and reach come up short for some reason, bet i read it wrong! In my head i had it that the nuke had a killer reach very downhill and steady.

i do love the sizing of my nuke though, the only trouble is steep sharp switchbacks, its quite barge like. Downhill its a beast, far too much bike for me, i cant get the most out of it with my skill set!

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 12:06 Quote
Shit pick and the gold bits are going.

photo

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 at 19:30 Quote
My solum jump build,
Got a great deal from recent CRC clearance.
The bottom bracket runs Spanish, which gave me a lot of headache because of the availability here.
After some web crawling, I found a work around and run my good o' XT crank.

Super short chainstay, though it specd 385mm with built-in tensioner.
It can be shorten to 378mm ish without tensioner.
New bike build Nukeproof solum jump. Got a great deal from CRC and finally I have a real street bike.

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 3:13 Quote
max14221 wrote:
Shit pick and the gold bits are going.

photo
looks great yellow wheels really set it off well looks like a super agressive setup niiiiice )

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 13:13 Quote
Thanks mate, a better pic Smile

photo

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 at 23:19 Quote
Has anyone got Saint Brakes on a Scalp? Having some trouble with rub on the outside caliper of the rear brake. The brake needs to be moved further out but Saints are thicker than avids and it's flush against the Swingarm. It looks like i could potentially get a different adapter and a 210mm disc and i would clear the swingarm. Anyone have experience of this and know what adapter i would need?

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 3:00 Quote
im spanish so i dont speak english very well but, it was very hard to put the spanish bb. why? finally i broke the bearings because was too hard to put them into the frame, what ca i do for this not to happen again? ive got the nukeproof solum ht frame

Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 3:59 Quote
expat-taff wrote:
Has anyone got Saint Brakes on a Scalp? Having some trouble with rub on the outside caliper of the rear brake. The brake needs to be moved further out but Saints are thicker than avids and it's flush against the Swingarm. It looks like i could potentially get a different adapter and a 210mm disc and i would clear the swingarm. Anyone have experience of this and know what adapter i would need?

I don't have a Scalp but I imagine this is a pretty common combination so it shouldn't be causing issues. Can you get a picture of where it's making contact because I can't work it out from the way you're describing.

Which way does the caliper need to be moved, towards the drive side or non drive side?

O+
Posted: Oct 4, 2014 at 4:00 Quote
I have a scalp and I'm running zees with no problems. Though I do have a 185 icetech rotor on the back with the shimano adapter.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018487
Mobile Version of Website