Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 1:45 Quote
jbauto wrote:
Hey guys just cross treaded my bottom bracket on my scalp DURP, would I be able to just go to a pressfit bb instead? I'm running 83MM shimano saints..

This thread needs to be renamed "Nukeproof Mega thread". No idea sorry buddy, only changed the bb ony my scalp once and it was succcessful. I don't imagine it happens too often since bb's aren't changed that regularly. Maybe try a mechanics or maintenance thread.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 2:04 Quote
superbikes wrote:
missionS wrote:
So what is the consensus for the 2013 TR rear shock?
Debonair or DB Inline?

If someone has tried both and could give a real world review that would be greattup
well the 2013 has the standard monarch shock on it and is very playfull and poppy I tried the inline and found it lost some of the fun factor less playfull less poppy rebound seemed to be a issue so swoped it for the 2015 debonair and bingo it's bloody brill so smooth and ramps up well towards the bottom . You do have to run higher psi to get the 30% sag infact 60-70 psi more than the standard monarch and it rides high in its travel keeping you in that sweet spot a lot more mid travel sorport. The Deboair is a winner on the TR AND looks much better on the frame look in my profile for pics . I'd go as far as to say the debonair is the best air shock ive ever used . Allso the inline does have teething problems could of been why it just didn't feel right on the TR .

How much do you weigh Superbikes? I was already running 230 psi in the standard Monarch so can't run that much more pressure in the Debonair. Maybe I'll just have to get my RP23 Pushima'd which I do quite like the look of after seeing one yesterday.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 4:28 Quote
yesterdays ride Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 4:51 Quote
expat-taff wrote:
jbauto wrote:
Hey guys just cross treaded my bottom bracket on my scalp DURP, would I be able to just go to a pressfit bb instead? I'm running 83MM shimano saints..

This thread needs to be renamed "Nukeproof Mega thread". No idea sorry buddy, only changed the bb ony my scalp once and it was succcessful. I don't imagine it happens too often since bb's aren't changed that regularly. Maybe try a mechanics or maintenance thread.

Try and find a good lbs who has the skill to re-thread the shell .

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
the tool is super expensive so i never bothered with ordering it for my work, GOOD lbs should have it thou

might try cleaning it, greassing it and threading it the correct way, may take lot of patience but could work... try inserting the crank arm with a spindle from the opposite side as a guide

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:09 Quote
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
missionS wrote:
So what is the consensus for the 2013 TR rear shock?
Debonair or DB Inline?

If someone has tried both and could give a real world review that would be greattup
well the 2013 has the standard monarch shock on it and is very playfull and poppy I tried the inline and found it lost some of the fun factor less playfull less poppy rebound seemed to be a issue so swoped it for the 2015 debonair and bingo it's bloody brill so smooth and ramps up well towards the bottom . You do have to run higher psi to get the 30% sag infact 60-70 psi more than the standard monarch and it rides high in its travel keeping you in that sweet spot a lot more mid travel sorport. The Deboair is a winner on the TR AND looks much better on the frame look in my profile for pics . I'd go as far as to say the debonair is the best air shock ive ever used . Allso the inline does have teething problems could of been why it just didn't feel right on the TR .

How much do you weigh Superbikes? I was already running 230 psi in the standard Monarch so can't run that much more pressure in the Debonair. Maybe I'll just have to get my RP23 Pushima'd which I do quite like the look of after seeing one yesterday.
11 half stone with all my gear back pack with 2L water in . I did wonder how bigger riders would get on with the Debonair as the max psi is 350 and I'm at 220psi and im no big rider

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:19 Quote
superbikes wrote:
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:

11 half stone with all my gear back pack with 2L water in . I did wonder how bigger riders would get on with the Debonair as the max psi is 350 and I'm at 220psi and im no big rider
my normal psi in the standard monarch would be 160-170 psi so it's a big jump up in psi for the debonair shock hope that gives you a better idea . 30% sag

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:29 Quote
I had assumed the max psi was still 275 so that isn't so bad if the max is now 350. I only run 25% sag though so I might still be pushing it. I'll have to email Rockshox for their opinion I think.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 5:35 Quote
peter413 wrote:
I had assumed the max psi was still 275 so that isn't so bad if the max is now 350. I only run 25% sag though so I might still be pushing it. I'll have to email Rockshox for their opinion I think.
good idea . The shock does really start to stiffen up as you get past the 220psi mark . The first part of the travel is much easyer to push though hence the higher psi . I used to run 25% sag on the monarch but the debonair works much nicer at 30% sag and the blue dail gives you good pedaling in mid and great uphill spriting in firmer setting .

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 9:14 Quote
max14221 wrote:
Sounds like the Db Inline has a few issues, the Db Air and Coil are amazing shocks. I would like to try the Debonair and the Float X Just to see how they compare to CC , but the Monarch that comes on the Mega is POO !!!!

it doesn't have issues - one persons personal taste doesn't mean a problem, I run my shock with the HSR fully slow that doesn't mean the HSR isn't strong enough. I found the monarch plus not to have enough rebound and small bump sensitivity not as good as the inline.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 9:31 Quote
poah wrote:
max14221 wrote:
Sounds like the Db Inline has a few issues, the Db Air and Coil are amazing shocks. I would like to try the Debonair and the Float X Just to see how they compare to CC , but the Monarch that comes on the Mega is POO !!!!

it doesn't have issues - one persons personal taste doesn't mean a problem, I run my shock with the HSR fully slow that doesn't mean the HSR isn't strong enough. I found the monarch plus not to have enough rebound and small bump sensitivity not as good as the inline.

Thing is you're both using them on completely different bikes so the DBInline might not have the adjustment range to cope with the Mega. Also from having a quick look you Monarch Plus doesn't appear to be the latest all black Debonair version so your comparison doesn't really mean a thing. It'd be like me comparing my old 2009 Float RL to a current Float or my old RP23 to a current Float X or Float CTD.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 10:31 Quote
I wouldn't touch the Inline , if your looking at the Monarch + look at the DB air it's tried and tested and works bloody well .

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 10:49 Quote
peter413 wrote:
poah wrote:
max14221 wrote:

Thing is you're both using them on completely different bikes so the DBInline might not have the adjustment range to cope with the Mega. Also from having a quick look you Monarch Plus doesn't appear to be the latest all black Debonair version so your comparison doesn't really mean a thing. It'd be like me comparing my old 2009 Float RL to a current Float or my old RP23 to a current Float X or Float CTD.
mine is the new debonair it's not a hop up kit

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 11:24 Quote
peter413 wrote:
poah wrote:
max14221 wrote:

other people have had no issue with the inline on a TR however my point still stands that what one person likes another one wont. There was nothing wrong technically with the inline that superbikes had on his TR, it just didn't have fast enough rebound for his taste.

I tried a debonair unit on my bike from a friends bike and I found the inline better but again that's personal taste. You can't just say there is an issue because one person didn't like it

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 11:36 Quote
poah wrote:
peter413 wrote:
poah wrote:

other people have had no issue with the inline on a TR however my point still stands that what one person likes another one wont. There was nothing wrong technically with the inline that superbikes had on his TR, it just didn't have fast enough rebound for his taste.

I tried a debonair unit on my bike from a friends bike and I found the inline better but again that's personal taste. You can't just say there is an issue because one person didn't like it

How many people do you know with an Inline on a TR? If it's just the one or two you could also say that just because one person hasn't had issues doesn't mean there isn't an issue. A great example of this is Orange 224's. They're known to crack easily (mine did and everybody but one that I know who's owned one has as well) but that doesn't stop people riding them and not managing to crack them.

So really without knowing a large number of riders riding that exact set up you cannot say that the Inline (or indeed any shock) will work on one frame just because you've tried it on another.

Also if you just borrowed the Debonair from your friend, how long was it for? If you haven't had the time to set it up correctly then you still can't make a fair comparison especially when it was from another frame so could have had completely the wrong tune for yours.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015348
Mobile Version of Website