Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 12:26 Quote
Superbikes said that he spoke to Tf about it and they said that the Inline has issues, also if you look on page 306 someone has put there is info on CC's lounge of Inlines having problems .

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 12:54 Quote
peter413 wrote:

How many people do you know with an Inline on a TR? If it's just the one or two you could also say that just because one person hasn't had issues doesn't mean there isn't an issue. .

no one has had an issue though with the shock.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 13:01 Quote
Just sent my completed Warranty form and pictures of my cracked Scalp to CRC .

Pretty much told them I want a Pulse as replacement given the fact that two Scalps have cracked now for me , 1st my yellow 2013 one , and now this 2014 which was a warranty replacement and even has a gusset at the top tube/headtube junction to prevent this.

No way I can ride another one and go through all this again , I just really hope they do give me a Pulse other wise I'm gonna be bikeless for months untill I can afford a new bike from else where.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 13:04 Quote
poah wrote:
peter413 wrote:

How many people do you know with an Inline on a TR? If it's just the one or two you could also say that just because one person hasn't had issues doesn't mean there isn't an issue. .

Superbikes has plus there's info on CC's lounge about issues

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:05 Quote
poah wrote:
peter413 wrote:

Really? You've even commented in a thread on STW where TF are quoted to say the Inline will not work for heavier riders due to the rebound. That is an issue whether it's normal or not, especially when the safe weight is around 80kg, I weigh nearly half as much as that again right now! The thread is here and it's worth a read. TF really don't seem to be singing the praises of the Inline. They did issue a bit of an update on the last page but it's not a fix in the slightest.

Also from the CC Lounge:

https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/spesh-enduro-2014-with-db-inlinepotential-problem
https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/db-inline-squeaky-and-not-feeling-right
https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/enduro-expert-2015-harsh-initial-travel

This quote from the first link is also interesting for us UK guys:

October 1, 2014 4:42pm by CaneCreekCyclingComponents
Please give our tech support team a call at 800-234-2725 and they'll get some more information and get you sorted out.

October 1, 2014 5:05pm by TwoTubes
Do you have a tech support team based in the UK? It would be preferable to avoid international charges.

October 1, 2014 5:07pm by CaneCreekCyclingComponents
No, unfortunately we don't. Start by emailing us at info@canecreek.com and maybe we can avoid any international calls.

At least they've suggested emailing to avoid the call charges but you'd hope issues like these could be sorted without having to deal with companies in a different country when you've bought the item in your own country. But hey, that's just my opinion.

All of that took me about 2 minutes to find.

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:11 Quote
I will stick by my statement the Inline has Problems lol

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:22 Quote
peter413 wrote:
poah wrote:
peter413 wrote:

Really? You've even commented in a thread on STW where TF are quoted to say the Inline will not work for heavier riders due to the rebound. That is an issue whether it's normal or not, especially when the safe weight is around 80kg, I weigh nearly half as much as that again right now! The thread is here and it's worth a read. TF really don't seem to be singing the praises of the Inline. They did issue a bit of an update on the last page but it's not a fix in the slightest.

Also from the CC Lounge:

https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/spesh-enduro-2014-with-db-inlinepotential-problem
https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/db-inline-squeaky-and-not-feeling-right
https://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/lounge/forum/enduro-expert-2015-harsh-initial-travel

This quote from the first link is also interesting for us UK guys:

October 1, 2014 4:42pm by CaneCreekCyclingComponents
Please give our tech support team a call at 800-234-2725 and they'll get some more information and get you sorted out.

October 1, 2014 5:05pm by TwoTubes
Do you have a tech support team based in the UK? It would be preferable to avoid international charges.

October 1, 2014 5:07pm by CaneCreekCyclingCompon
No, unfortunately we don't. Start by emailing us at info@canecreek.com and maybe we can avoid any international calls.

At least they've suggested emailing to avoid the call charges but you'd hope issues like these could be sorted without having to deal with companies in a different country when you've bought the item in your own country. But hey, that's just my opinion.

All of that took me about 2 minutes to find.
ALLSO when I sent my first inline back and received a phone call from TF regarding the rebound AFTER that phone call TF replaced the shock with a brand new inline due to a QWAD RING ISSUE . That was nice of them but was not descus on the phone just fast replaced and that got me thinking what els could be wrong or could go wrong . I have no issue with the inline but as TF pointed out it is new tech . It's a great shock just not for me or the TR . ITS really od that I had a little go on a santacruz with the inline on and rebound was spot on really poppy super fast and would not jump with it that fast . Inline on the TR had both rebounds fully open and I could jump drop it was just to slow

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:38 Quote
Cc will get it right and it will be a great shock .

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:43 Quote
max14221 wrote:
Cc will get it right and it will be a great shock .
I agree

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 at 14:53 Quote
I still don't think it will be as good as DB air or the Debonair .

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 4:16 Quote
Right guy since I've put the deboair shock on my TR Ive now started to jump bigger stuff it's great )))) anyway ive had to put more air in my forks now aswell problem is they are the 160 pikes and I have been running more sag to account for 160s on the TR BUT now with higher psi in the forks ans a bottom out token I'm finding im running the forks how they should be just that little more stiffer than I had them . So now with my 60mm stem my stering as gone really really fast twitchy as hell .i use 3 stem spacers if that helps . So should I just get a 50mm stem to solve this ? Ideally 150mm forks would be better but love my pikes to death and no funds to change . 50mm stem is a way cheaper option so am I on the right track . My TR is a L so it's pretty long with a 60mm stem . And trails are getting slippy so don't want this fast twitchy stering .cheers

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 4:23 Quote
A shorter stem is only going to make your steering faster and more twitchy.

I'm using a 45mm stem on my L TR with 160mm Pikes at about 20-25% sag, two tokens and 15mm of spacers under the stem. The front ends a little high on flat trails so I've got to be pretty aggressive with my body positioning but on steeper and faster trails it's so good.

Have you tried moving the height of your stem up or down? How long have you been riding it like it is? If not long then it might just be a case of getting used to it. Other options include playing about with the fork more to get it set up a little better.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 4:36 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Right guy since I've put the deboair shock on my TR Ive now started to jump bigger stuff it's great )))) anyway ive had to put more air in my forks now aswell problem is they are the 160 pikes and I have been running more sag to account for 160s on the TR BUT now with higher psi in the forks ans a bottom out token I'm finding im running the forks how they should be just that little more stiffer than I had them . So now with my 60mm stem my stering as gone really really fast twitchy as hell .i use 3 stem spacers if that helps . So should I just get a 50mm stem to solve this ? Ideally 150mm forks would be better but love my pikes to death and no funds to change . 50mm stem is a way cheaper option so am I on the right track . My TR is a L so it's pretty long with a 60mm stem . And trails are getting slippy so don't want this fast twitchy stering .cheers

You can step your pikes down to 150mm with a new air shaft for about £30-40

How does the TR ride with 160mm? I'm looking to get a set of pikes and am undecided between 150 or 160mm.

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 4:51 Quote
peter413 wrote:
A shorter stem is only going to make your steering faster and more twitchy.

I'm using a 45mm stem on my L TR with 160mm Pikes at about 20-25% sag, two tokens and 15mm of spacers under the stem. The front ends a little high on flat trails so I've got to be pretty aggressive with my body positioning but on steeper and faster trails it's so good.

Have you tried moving the height of your stem up or down? How long have you been riding it like it is? If not long then it might just be a case of getting used to it. Other options include playing about with the fork more to get it set up a little better.
I tried moveing the spacers around it just felt wrong as I have my reverb seatpost about 2inch out of the frame so it's fairly high when up so 3 stem spacers puts me about right . I'm running 70psi in the forks where as before I was low just over 60 psi . I do still need to play with the forks ie more psi . Stem seems to be the way forward I think . I'll double check my forks sag

Posted: Oct 21, 2014 at 4:55 Quote
Is the extra pressure just to stop them bottoming out hard? If that's the case then try less pressure and another token or two. That way you can run more sag again without bottoming out hard.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014796
Mobile Version of Website