Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 4:04 Quote
Someone thats not impressed my the magics ?

Is he riding them on concrete ?:P

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 4:05 Quote
Basically he says they're a little better in deep mud but on literally everything else the Baron outshines it. I've never found Schwalbe's to last that long either.

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 4:17 Quote
yeah they do wear pretty fast and I can see why the baron might be slightly better in drier/firmer conditions , but for winter they are very hard to beat.

Which compound did he get ?

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 4:28 Quote
Pretty sure it was the Trailstar. Most of our trails have lots of roots, rocks or hard packed sections even when it's super wet so the Magic just isn't the right tool for the job. For what it does better a spike like the Dan is better anyway IMO.

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 5:06 Quote
peter413 wrote:
Pretty sure it was the Trailstar. Most of our trails have lots of roots, rocks or hard packed sections even when it's super wet so the Magic just isn't the right tool for the job. For what it does better a spike like the Dan is better anyway IMO.

Yeah they arent quite at thier best on hard surface , but the diff between trailstar and vert star is massive , I tried a trailstar on the rear after years of vertstar thinking it may wear better, it felt like it was made of solid plastic in comparison and rather than wearing slower the knob just broke off at the bases instead !

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 5:19 Quote
Hi all,

Looking to buy a 2014 Mega AM 275 frame before they run out of stock, I'm 5ft6 with 30 inseam, as usual I'm right between listed frame sizes Small or Medium.
I prefer longer days in the saddle, long climbs up to enjoy bombing back down the trail so the frame wants to fit me properly for comfort over chucking it round.
Will Medium be too big being right at the bottom of the listed size range?
Cheers

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 5:20 Quote
I had a Pacestar HD which lasted really well (0 knobs fell off), I've now got a Trailstar HD which has started to crack after a few months. I also have a Vertstar Muddy Marry and it's lasted pretty well too. The Trailstar seems to be the least durable compound from my (limited) experience. There isn't a huge difference between Pacestar and Trialstar in grip either.

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 6:02 Quote
dingus wrote:
Magic Mary?

shut up you germanophile Razz

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 6:03 Quote
archer3d wrote:
Hi all,

Looking to buy a 2014 Mega AM 275 frame before they run out of stock, I'm 5ft6 with 30 inseam, as usual I'm right between listed frame sizes Small or Medium.
I prefer longer days in the saddle, long climbs up to enjoy bombing back down the trail so the frame wants to fit me properly for comfort over chucking it round.
Will Medium be too big being right at the bottom of the listed size range?
Cheers

M

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 6:07 Quote
brigand wrote:
dingus wrote:
Magic Mary?

shut up you germanophile Razz

Ich bin ein Berliner.

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 at 7:04 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Jesus f*cking christ my frame has arrive and appears to be dent free

tup tup tup Beer Beer Beer

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 10:40 Quote
VagkaR wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Sorry. Started laughing at first, knowing what you've been through.

Here's hoping it now comes together with no more issues Beer

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 12:31 Quote
BenAMTB wrote:
Nuke & I enjoying the winter riding at BPW
BPW

Look at this Pic mate taken a couple of months ago..
photo

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 14:00 Quote
Canadian43 wrote:
VagkaR wrote:
bigburd wrote:

Sorry. Started laughing at first, knowing what you've been through.

Here's hoping it now comes together with no more issues Beer

Yeah me too !

Had a moment this evening when fitting the BB that worried me for a few mins , about half way thru tightening the drive side cup I had a paranoid moment where I thought it was just spinning and not tightening down , took it off looked at the threads , looked fine and just went for it again and it went on easy , phew !!

Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 21:08 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Had a moment this evening when fitting the BB that worried me for a few mins , about half way thru tightening the drive side cup I had a paranoid moment where I thought it was just spinning and not tightening down , took it off looked at the threads , looked fine and just went for it again and it went on easy , phew !!

I had the same with my brand new mega. There was a creak from the bottom bracket so i took it off greased and put it back in. When tightening it back up it span with resistance but went no where and i just got a shiver down my spine thinking i'd nadged my new beast! Took it back out and saw nothing wrong so tried again and it went in spot on! Just poor quality taiwan machining no doubt.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016108
Mobile Version of Website