Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Dec 17, 2014 at 23:28 Quote
A well cut bb thread should be tight! With the loads it's going to take, the cups would work loose easily over time without threadlock.
also if it ever needs re-tapping there is still material to work with.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 1:50 Quote
Chances are the reason it was just spinning was that the bb hadn't been pushed in far enough to engage with the threads on the frame. The resistance you felt will most definitely have been caused by the o-ring on the plastic sleeve of the bb. As for having enough material left for re tapping, that would only work if part of the threads had become damaged rather than the threads being stripped which no matter what leaves you with 2 options going up to the next diameter or using a helicoil to replace the threads.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 2:26 Quote
Nah the cups were on about half way up the threads , and the sleeve wasn't in because ummm , well I got baked before my frame arrived and forgot to put it in haha !

Put it in when I put it back together tho.

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 9:18 Quote
i-ride-beastly wrote:
My pulse has arrived!!!!!
photo
The best part

Big Grin she looks mint mate. In time for the weekend too Big Grin Just please... get rid of that bell I mean what the hell were they thinking... Facepalm

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 9:40 Quote
Can someone help me? Havent got access to the bike at the mo. Mega am2013 with monarch rc3 plus.
Im after some new mounts for the rear shock. Was lookin at the tf tuned low friction bushings.

Found on this thread that someone suggested these sizes but said to confirm them

12.7m8 22.2mm
And 12.7m8 34mm
But in the low friction they only have 22mm and 35mm

Anyone got the specs?

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 10:13 Quote
nukeproof mega and rock shox monarch rc3 debonair

Posted: Dec 18, 2014 at 13:55 Quote
jonathono wrote:
i-ride-beastly wrote:
My pulse has arrived!!!!!
photo
The best part

Big Grin she looks mint mate. In time for the weekend too Big Grin Just please... get rid of that bell I mean what the hell were they thinking... Facepalm
Hahaha no way, its awesome!

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 1:48 Quote
Anyone got a bike weight for the Pulse pro stock build?

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 2:04 Quote
strawsy25 wrote:
Anyone got a bike weight for the Pulse pro stock build?
http://nukeproof.com/products/pulse/
40.2lbs

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 4:39 Quote
Thanks, anybody got some weight saving ideas for the rear end of a pulse?

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 5:26 Quote
strawsy25 wrote:
Thanks, anybody got some weight saving ideas for the rear end of a pulse?
Tubeless is about all you can do really , don't bother with single ply tyres.

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
heres my new pulse just been built! feels alot better sized for me compared to my old myst, cant wait to ride it now!
Nukeproof Pulse

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 9:55 Quote
mike29 wrote:
heres my new pulse just been built! feels alot better sized for me compared to my old myst, cant wait to ride it now!
Nukeproof Pulse

Awesome dude that looks lovely!

Hoping to finish building mine over weekend , only thing is all my old parts on the new frame look ropey as f*ck !

Posted: Dec 19, 2014 at 9:58 Quote
bigburd wrote:
mike29 wrote:
Nukeproof Pulse

Awesome dude that looks lovely!

Hoping to finish building mine over weekend , only thing is all my old parts on the new frame look ropey as f*ck !
bet itll still look sick! hopefully riding mine on sunday just need to sort back brake out as its rubbing loads

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2014 at 0:19 Quote
Hi there, I'm planning on buying a Mega Tr 275 soon and am planning to run it with 140mm travel fork. Is anyone out there running that setup and like it or dislike it?
Also I know it was discussed a not long ago, but sizing? I am 6' 0" and hoping to run it with a 50mm stem (or 35mm even) I would probably go with the XL but am worried the seat tube would be to high and my reverb would go as low as I would like, any opinions or experience would be nice.
Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.023733
Mobile Version of Website