Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 11:33 Quote
BenAMTB wrote:
Waiting to hear back from RochShox regarding this, any thoughts on what's wrong ? Shock is 5 weeks old. (A vibration type feeling can be felt through the frame along with the noise)
Views: 232    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Are there any marks along the shaft? Grit or sand could have found its way in and that will give you the vibrating feeling.

Posted: Jan 19, 2015 at 14:40 Quote
i think that is air inside the main shaft, the sound is the air though the main piston, somehow, that air(if it's new maybe it is nitrogen) passed throught the floating piston o'ring into the chamber and the only solution is to disassemble the shock, put new oil in it and change the high compression piston o'ring, pressurize the floating piston chamber between 200-250psi and you´re good to go.

garethjudson wrote:
BenAMTB wrote:
Waiting to hear back from RochShox regarding this, any thoughts on what's wrong ? Shock is 5 weeks old. (A vibration type feeling can be felt through the frame along with the noise)
Views: 232    Faves: 0    Comments: 2

Are there any marks along the shaft? Grit or sand could have found its way in and that will give you the vibrating feeling.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 7:31 Quote
Hello mates, does anyone know the chain growth on a 2012 Nukeproof Mega [Small if that changes anything]???
Need it because I plan on installing a Hope 40T-Rex and I have a Sram X0 short cage RD...I need 25mm or less Chain Growth!
Thanks alot!!!

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 9:05 Quote
Pretty sure it won't work. The small cage Zee on my TR didn't have enough capacity to take up the slack even with an 11-36 cassette.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 11:48 Quote
NikosVarelis wrote:
Hello mates, does anyone know the chain growth on a 2012 Nukeproof Mega [Small if that changes anything]???
Need it because I plan on installing a Hope 40T-Rex and I have a Sram X0 short cage RD...I need 25mm or less Chain Growth!
Thanks alot!!!

I have a large 2011 Mega. Same frame just different graphics. I am running Zee mech with 40 t t-Rex and the one up components rad r cage. It works perfectly well for me. Will get a photo soon.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 12:05 Quote
NikosVarelis wrote:
Thanks alot!!!
photo

I find this works best. Did it without the one up components rad r cage first and. Han too slack in high gear. Growth seems ok to me.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 12:27 Quote
So, with the shock completely compressed and the chain on the 40T, is the zee fine? Anyone knows if an XO medium will work?

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 13:13 Quote
To get your gears working at optimum I set my chain length so the chain is tight before full compression on the largest rear sprocket, realistically you won't be in 1st when descending it's not something I ever do.

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
It is fine with the Rad r cage from one up components. I can't remember how it was without that. Think it would be a risk but how likely are you gonna be in 1st on a full compression hit?

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 14:42 Quote
gdub923 wrote:
It is fine with the Rad r cage from one up components. I can't remember how it was without that. Think it would be a risk but how likely are you gonna be in 1st on a full compression hit?

It's nearly impossible, but you never know Smile Anyway, thank you all so much for the info!

cheers Beer

Posted: Jan 23, 2015 at 15:00 Quote
Just in case it's not obvious, the One Up cage is not a short cage. It replaces the short cage of the Zee with a longer one.

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 13:09 Quote
photo
My pulse what do you guys think??

Posted: Jan 24, 2015 at 13:12 Quote
photo
My pulse what do guys think?

Posted: Jan 25, 2015 at 12:24 Quote
What would you upgrade on a 2014 mega am pro. Only changes so far are grips a 32t hope narrow wide ring and tubeless. Want to try and make the bike more uphill friendly but keep its awesome down hill capability.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018845
Mobile Version of Website