Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 4:07 Quote
If it's any help to anyone and your thinking of buying a hope headset due to nukeproofsome headsets bearings being crap then the hope bearings fit the nukeproof bottom cup so just buy new hope bearings rather than new headset OK. May save you some cash

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 4:47 Quote
OK big prise jump at CRC my frame 2015 TR 650 I paid £700 for it few weeks ago from CRC just checked CRC and they are now over 11 hundred pounds mm mm that's a big jump don't you think despite January sale. Just thinking I've been sold a return due to the headtube problem. Anyone else find that a bit odd ? Not grumbling as they will have to give me a new one despite what the new prise is

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 5:08 Quote
To be honest part of reason i got Mega AM frame was price, i was looking at second hand frames when i realised i can get a new one that had great reviews and fits a lot with what i had in mind for new frame. If i was in the market for new frame (having 1700+€) i would look for something slightly diferrent... and at discount too, hahahaha. Big Grin

But i have to say i've been satisfied with the frame a lot so far, it's a great bike, not perfect from the start but great. I don't think i can find a perfect bike in any stock bike on the market today, haven't tried all obviously, but the ones i did and comparing the numbers to the ones i didn't lead me to think that. Mondraker is on the extreme end of geos so would like to try it. Maybe one day i'll have the monies for custom geo, untill that time i'll rip on my Mega with a big grin.

Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 6:43 Quote
Wale wrote:
brigand wrote:
That's quite the jump, how do they compare?

That's what I thought too. Interested to hear.

I wasn't planning on changing the my Nukeproof to be honest, but I have landed a support deal with Wheelies.co.uk for this season so seemed silly not to change the bike in line with that.

From what time I have spent on the Mondraker is clear its in a world of its own with geometry and feel. The Zero suspension is fantastic and doesn't become inactive and choppy under braking like the Nukeproof, the bike inspires far more confidence than what the Nukeproof did. Its only downfall in comparison would be rock gardens etc. The nukeproof was very much point and shoot and it would keep its line nicely, where as the Mondraker does skit around a little and looses more momentum which is likely due to the weight (12.6kg)

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2016 at 17:20 Quote
Hey guys check out my 2014 AM!! I'm hoping to upgrade to the 2016 AM before the season so I have to sell this! Basically brand new components, check it out.

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/1894425/

photo

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 0:14 Quote
When did this thread become the "Advertise Your Nukeproof For Sale" thread? There's been so many posts advertising in here lately!

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 1:45 Quote
peter413 wrote:
When did this thread become the "Advertise Your Nukeproof For Sale" thread? There's been so many posts advertising in here lately!
yeah noticed a far view lately seems like a good place for new comers to maybe pic up a great bike at a bargin price . But hope this forum does get over run with sale post the odd 1/2 don't hurt

Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 12:41 Quote
New model came out! Must have new gear/oh my god my bikes dated I need a new one fashionista's bought new bikes!

O+
Posted: Feb 4, 2016 at 13:43 Quote
HardtailZero wrote:
New model came out! Must have new gear/oh my god my bikes dated I need a new one fashionista's bought new bikes!
I dont have to have it.. I love the bike and it's time for an upgrade so I'm selling mine.

Posted: Feb 5, 2016 at 3:31 Quote
So has anyone managed to get their hands on a 2016 model yet?
Would be interested to see how they find it compared to the previous ones.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 10:05 Quote
This is my Nukeproof pulse pro 2014...

My Nukeproof pulse with cane creek shock

My Nukeproof pulse

Nukeproof Pulse after a muddy ride.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 10:58 Quote
Did you forget to wash the front of the bike ? Wink haha , very nice bike man, I love my Pulse.

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 11:09 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Did you forget to wash the front of the bike ? Wink haha , very nice bike man, I love my Pulse.

lol na I didn't forget just took it at different times... yeah I love mine too!

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 11:40 Quote
downhill-jump1 wrote:
bigburd wrote:

lol na I didn't forget just took it at different times... yeah I love mine too!

Anyone that knows me would laugh at me talking about bike cleanliness, spends most of it's life looking fossilized!

Posted: Feb 8, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
lol yeah mine is sometimes like thatRolleyes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024403
Mobile Version of Website